Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Botchla

does BP/SA slow down the healing process?

I've started a "lite" version of the acne cure where I wash once with salicylic acid in the morning, and benzoyl peroxide at night. Since starting it, I've noticed that any pimples or red marks i have are fading much much slower than they usually do.

I have mild acne, I'd describe it more as "a few pimples" than acne, but my skin used to heal up new marks within 2-3 days, whereas now I've had the same red marks for like well over a week and they're still here. The only thing I've changed is adding the SA/BP combo.

So do these two slow down the healing of red marks? I don't have any new ones, but the old ones are taking ages to heal, and they're not any worse than my usual, but these are very neon red and pigmented red color, even though they're "dried up".

P.S. I take 30mg of optizinc a day. This made the healing process speed up to very fast, but the SA/BP seems to negate it! ahh!

Hmm, hard to say. I started the cure about a month ago. I'm almost 100% clear. My redmarks do stand out more though, maybe that's just because i dont focus on an area with bad acne. Anyway, I might just tone it down a little for the next 2 weeks. Red marks suck :(

It could be the SA that's irritating them. Usually BP fades my red marks pretty good.

If you feel like the SA/BP combo is causing you trouble I'd stop doing it. Maybe the combo is too irritating for you.

Glycolic has worked really well for me to fade red marks.

actually the combo is doing pretty good. i haven't had any new ones appear since starting it.

the main reason i started on it was because i had some closed blackheads on my forehead that would occasionally flare up into pimples. i figured the SA would help to exfoliate and stop this.

today the red marks i was talking about faded considerably, so maybe it's just a timing thing. who knows. hopefully once these are gone i won't get anymore and i won't have to worry about fading red marks in the future.

do you guys do the SA/BP morning and night, or do a variation? Just curious. And is that it? Or do you use GA in between? thx

Hrm. Everyone I've heard from said that SA was better for getting rid of red marks than BP.

Who dug up the year old thread? Botchla must have posted this before clearing himself up with his own regimen....