Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Metaxa

Dark Brown/Red Mark After Cystic Acne Pimple.

About a month ago I had a pretty nasty cystic pimple that eventually came to a head and popped during the shower. It scabbed over and after about 5 days the scab fell off.

To my consternation, underneath the scab was a fairly small but noticeable area of dark red/brown skin. There is no indentation and no other indications of "traditional" scarring (icepick/rolling/etc.) but there is a definite difference in pigmentation in this area of skin where the pimple was, close to my nose on the right side of my face. The mark itself appears to be darkish red/brown in color, maybe even slightly black/purple.

Over the past month the area has not gotten any lighter. It's fairly easy to cover up if I want to, to an extent, but I would like to permanently get rid of the spot if possible.

I've done a fair bit of browsing one the site so far and read about the various products that could help with this, but would like some individual suggestions if possible. The mark is fairly innocuous and not really that bad compared to what others have suffered, so I don't want to mess with anything that could have nasty side effects or anything like that, but I'd like to explore my options.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to post any pictures up.

Thank you for your input!

Any feedback guys? I was going to try out some hydroquinone 4% I think and see how that works out.

the same thing happened to me, except it was from picking at a pimple, it scabbed up but the skin underneath was dark. hydroquinone works, but you have to be very very patient with it.

What kind of reasonable time period am I looking at? 1-2 months or something along those lines?