Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
infinite

Review of this "Obagi Nu-Derm"

I'm skeptical of starting the Obagi Nu-Derm, which if I do start would only be $397 every 6 mths., but after reading through all the threads in this forum, the mixed reviews scares me a bit. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to help with my scarring as my redness isn't as tomato red, just looks like i have blush on. But I wonder if all the peeling and initial breakout is worth it? Some say it made no difference to their scars, but made their skin feel softer. Others say their scarring has decreased to a flatter/smoother appearance. But what type of scars would this "Obagi Nu-Derm" work on? I'm not even sure what type of scarring I have...Check out my gallery to see my scar pic...and see if you guys could help me out...Thanks a bunch..

I'm skeptical of starting the Obagi Nu-Derm, which if I do start would only be $397 every 6 mths., but after reading through all the threads in this forum, the mixed reviews scares me a bit. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to help with my scarring as my redness isn't as tomato red, just looks like i have blush on. But I wonder if all the peeling and initial breakout is worth it? Some say it made no difference to their scars, but made their skin feel softer. Others say their scarring has decreased to a flatter/smoother appearance. But what type of scars would this "Obagi Nu-Derm" work on? I'm not even sure what type of scarring I have...Check out my gallery to see my scar pic...and see if you guys could help me out...Thanks a bunch..

I have Nu-Derm. It works well. I just mainly use it as a facial cleanser. I didn't see much results as terms of scaring, however ever is diffrent. YES it will get worst before it gets better. I know I hate that with all of these products. But it might help you, just not the result you are looking for though. But good luck. :)

I have Nu-Derm. It works well. I just mainly use it as a facial cleanser. I didn't see much results as terms of scaring, however ever is diffrent. YES it will get worst before it gets better. I know I hate that with all of these products. But it might help you, just not the result you are looking for though. But good luck. :)

Ohh, thanks a bunch hey_you! how much did it help you? just with acne or skin tone/texture?

Ohh, thanks a bunch hey_you! how much did it help you? just with acne or skin tone/texture?

I think obagi nuderm with prescription retin a can help smooth and refine your skin. However the scars will still be there but they will look better. When you first start using it your skin will look worse, red,and peels but after 8 weeks your skin will look smoother. Use it for 18 months for maximum results and then go on maintenance. Many people but the nuderm online and the essential items are the blender, exfodorm or exfodorm forte depending on your skin type, and clear. Many people use a mild cleanser like cetaphil and withch hazel without alcohol as their toner to save money with good results. I use my own european sunscreen. Online people get a full kit for $200. You may want to ask people where they got theirs on this website http://www.spectacularskin.com/forum/forum.php.

IM on the obagi on for the past 2 and half months and 3 weeks back i had the blue peel.HOnestly obagi system creams will NOT help your scars nor the redness,it wil just mke your skin smooth and if you have mild acne it can get rid of it.Infact the first 6 weeks your gonna look like someone threw acid on your face -peeling and redness but this is necc for good skin to come through ,you will have a breakout for a week or 2, for me the peeling hasnt stopped its been 2 months but not as drastic as before.I did the blue peel it didnt help my scars at all but they say the results will show after 6 weeks-though chemical peels hardly help.Its diff good program for youthful skin and get yo skin tone rite but if you want for your scars you cant expect to see any imrpovement & not only obagi but no creams will help for scars,scars are much deeper than you think.What obagi does do though is soften up the scars so its a good preperation for prodcedures like a peel,dermabrasion,laser etc.