Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acampo

Exfoliation help.

Hi, just last week i got a fairly bad burned from the sun, though I am still unsure if sun was the culprit or perhaps the large dose of bp. Anyways, last week my skin got really tight, dry, and tanned complexion which then escalated. My skin colored changed brown and very tight. It was very hard to even open my mouth and when i tried to smile wrinkles would appear. I was scared! I reduced the amount of bp used and during night time only. During the day I moisturized only. Now my skin is tanned and peeling all over. After showers I gently use a washcloth soaked in warm water to gently remove some of the dead, flaky, and brown skin. I am curious to as whether it is okay to exfoliate the dead skin off using Jess' method for exfoliation. My acne has gone done considerably. A couple whiteheads on my cheeks. Is it okay to exfoliate or should i just stick to the washcloth method? The peeling brown skin is very unappeasing for the eye.

I use Purpose Gentle Cleanser, ProActiv BP 2.5% and Aveeno Ultra- Calming Moisturizer.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thank You!

what do u plan to exfoliate with?

how long have u been on the regimen?

for now i would continue gently wiping off dead skin with a towel based on what you've said so far, but if u answer the questions above maybe something else might work

what do u plan to exfoliate with?

how long have u been on the regimen?

for now i would continue gently wiping off dead skin with a towel based on what you've said so far, but if u answer the questions above maybe something else might work

I plan to exfoliate with a facial brush gently.

We'll I started the ProActiv regime for 3 weeks or so, then I encountered this site and dropped the ProActiv regime and have adopted the CSR methodology. So under the CSR regime is roughly 1 week.

Thanks.

With sunburn I would let it heal naturally before you try any exfoilation etc. as the skin underneath could still be quite raw or not ready to come out yet :)

Hi, just last week i got a fairly bad burned from the sun, though I am still unsure if sun was the culprit or perhaps the large dose of bp. Anyways, last week my skin got really tight, dry, and tanned complexion which then escalated. My skin colored changed brown and very tight. It was very hard to even open my mouth and when i tried to smile wrinkles would appear. I was scared! I reduced the amount of bp used and during night time only. During the day I moisturized only. Now my skin is tanned and peeling all over. After showers I gently use a washcloth soaked in warm water to gently remove some of the dead, flaky, and brown skin. I am curious to as whether it is okay to exfoliate the dead skin off using Jess' method for exfoliation. My acne has gone done considerably. A couple whiteheads on my cheeks. Is it okay to exfoliate or should i just stick to the washcloth method? The peeling brown skin is very unappeasing for the eye.

I use Purpose Gentle Cleanser, ProActiv BP 2.5% and Aveeno Ultra- Calming Moisturizer.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thank You!

I have got the same problem with you. I started the regime 10 days ago. And I use the 5% BP(for I can't find the 2.5% in Beijing) and my skin got red and tanned with lots of dead, flaky, and brown skin. However, I have seen really great improvement in my acne condition. (Actually I have been in big trouble with acne for 8 years and now I am 26).

I use two or three swabs dosed with Kose moisture lotion to gentlely rub off the dead skin after wash and then apply BP and Clinique Moisturizer afterwards.

I don't know whether it's proper or not, but it helps me to appear better when I go outside.

Hope it can help you too! Of course, I am also waiting for professional advice.