Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a decent shaving routine followed by the best products through experience? I am reeally struggling to find a suitable shaving cream/gerl or soap bar to shave with, which doesnt cause me to break out. Furthermore, is a shaving balm a good idea?

I am currently using the ACT soap bar for shaving but I am not happy with the amount of later I get.

Thanks.

most ppl just use a bar soap and lather up to shave. something like cetaphil bar would work.

i use gilette shaving gel and it works for me, but it might not for u. i don't use shaving balm after. i haven't tried using it wtih the regimen.

i use the ACT bar to get a lather for shaving and i find it works fine...

hmmmmmm wet your hands and the bar

then rub it in your hands for a good 30secs

i can get a PERFECT lather from the ACT bar.. :doh:

I use colgate shaving soap, it does not irratate my skin at all. I tried the gillette shaving gel and it made me break out almost instantly. I will wash face with BASIC soap and apply colgate shaving soap with brush, shave and then wash with BASIC. Then comes the BP.

Hope this helps!

i use the Nivea for Men shaving gel. it comes out in this blue stuff, and when you rub it on your face it turns into the white shaving cream and covers your face. after i shave, i usually use a shaving balm also made by nivea for men, because any irritation i might have caused is soothed and cooled out by the balm. it works pretty well for me.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm still not entirely sure on wha tto do. I may just stick the the ACT bar and try and get a better lather when I shave next. Furthermore, I might just try the Nivea for men sensitive shave balm.

i wudnt recommend the nivea stuf

its comedogenic which means it isnt good for acne prone skin

give that1 a miss brother

Really. I never knew Nivea shaving products were comedogenic. I better look for a more suitable balm then :doh:

I use Paula's choice close shave gel and skin relief treatment. It's basically a nice sensitive gel that won't clog pores and aftershave to match.

Hi Jed,

thanks for the information. Is this product available in the UK?

http://www.paulaschoice-eu.com/shop/

Gotta order online, that's the link for the europe site I think. The shaving stuff is under men's skin care: Close comfort shave gel and skin relief treatment is the aftershave.