Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am taking Yasmin birth control and I got this idea from Springmore on this board about skipping the placebo pills, which would mean skipping your period. Its suppose to keep your hormones leveled out. Has anyone tried this? I am wondering if it would be benefical for our acne... anyone?

You can do that on any monophasic BCP (Yasmin is monophasic), if your placebo week brings a breakout with it.........

I tried this on Diane-35 (monophasic) and it didn't seem to work out very well. I ended up spotting like crazy. It was like having a low flow period for weeks. Doctors say it is safe to do though, if you want to try.

You will usually have spotting for several cycles. They say it can take up to a year to even out, but usually it doesnt take this long.

Many insurance companies will not pay for the extra packets of pills you end up taking. You will need to check with yours on this.

I know dianette isnt yasmin but ive taken the last 3 months without a pill free/placebo pill week, i told my doctor i'd done this because i wanted it to work quicker... she said it was ok... ive not experienced spotting but at the end of this months supply (3) i;ll be having a weeks break... its convenient to do it sometimes but it just doesnt feel right to do it for longer if you know what i mean... lol also my acne seems to be taking a turn for the better too....

Hmmm VERY interesting! I think Im going to try it for next month although it may get quite expensive. I am going to call my gyno and ask if I can have a couple of samples...

But on accutane do you think its sorta a waste of money?

Totally try it once. It won't be super expensive, and not having a period is glorious. I never had any problems with spotting until I missed a pill, so be sure and take it regularly every day. It's wonderful. And if you don't like it, you can always just have a period with your next pack.

I never checked with insurance to see if they'd cover me, but they've been paying for my refils and I haven't gotten a call yet! I think that I may be able to get physician's approval if they ever question why I'm going through packs so quickly. I've loved not having a period for three months.

i do this all the time. its actually quite healthy however it depends on the strength and composition of your pill. Older varieties are stronger and work better than the newer ones which are less hormonally constrictive. i'm on diane 35 and yep...if i skip my period for a special event i wind up paying for it the week before i'm due for my next one...am suffering the lovely 2 week long period right now.

on the plus side when you DO allow your period to take place its MUCH shorter and less painful.

tradeoffs. but in the shorterm if you have a vaction etc. its good. just watch out on the tail end