Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KnowShow

Change your diet without changing your life

This acne diet works for 90% of people with acne.. it clears there acne completely... It will only not work if it is strictly hormonal... even then it will help.. IT IS EXTREMELY HARD TO FOLLOW<< THIS IS AN ADAPTION I have made some obversation from being on the diet myself, and I have ways everyone can make small dietary changes to benefit from this diet without changing their lifestyle too much...... I call it

THE KNOWSHOW DIET

As we know, almost ALL acne is caused by excess sebum (oil) production, combined with pinched off sebum canals.... The oil can't travel to the surface, thus pimples arise. This is believed to be caused by toxins in the cooked foods we eat... myself and many others are living proof that this is true... To those it did not work for, you did not stick with the diet or you are in the 10% of hormonal acne, but I bet you just didn't stick with it.

PART 1

The worst thing you can do for your skin is to eat cooked high protein food... esp. steak, hamburger, etc.. cooked protein contains the most amount of toxins

Everyone already takes in WAY TOO MUCH protein... Eating fruits and vegetables alone will give you all the protein you really need, unless you are exercising your muscles may need a little more protein.

So limiting your protein intake is the best thing to do..... If you have to eat a cooked protein meal, limit the amount of protein.... eat bacon, steamed clams, etc.. things with little protein... If you are having steak eat half as much as you usually do.....

Also avoid food that has been frozen, as this will create toxins....Plus food like that has been cooked, frozen, and then needs to be heated... This will contain the most amounts of toxins.......

Food that has been cooked twice, like twice baked potatoes, or even reheating a dinner from the night before will contain more toxins..

EVERY TIME YOU ADD HEAT TO ANYTHING YOU ARE CHANGING ITS MOLECULAR STRUCTURE

PART 2

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT>.. When eating anything containing sugar, candy, fruit, etc... Be sure to stabilize your blood-sugar levels with FAT..... yes fat is good.... but it must be good fat, like extra virgin olive oil, cold pressed, or avocado, brazilian nuts, pistachio nuts.... etc... your sugar to fat ration is 2:1

Add these things to any regime and you will notice a dramatic difference..... for the better

I wash my face with just water for the most part, Volvic, low mineral water..... I wash with cetaphil 1once a day, if that.... for spot treatment, I apply BP or Niacinimade, spelled wrong, but only a small amount, right on the head of pimple, not even around sides, products will pinch of sebum canals... I only break out when I don't follow the diet.... drinking soda.....alcohol

the original diet is here www.freeacnebook.com

GOOD LUCK, feel free to ask any questions

This is believed to be caused by toxins in the cooked foods we eat... myself and many others are living proof that this is true...

Source?

The worst thing you can do for your skin is to eat cooked high protein food... esp. steak, hamburger, etc.. cooked protein contains the most amount of toxins

Who says it contains the most toxins?

Everyone already takes in WAY TOO MUCH protein... Eating fruits and vegetables alone will give you all the protein you really need, unless you are exercising your muscles may need a little more protein.

We do? Where did you get that information? You need alot protein if you excersise.

So limiting your protein intake is the best thing to do..... If you have to eat a cooked protein meal, limit the amount of protein.... eat bacon, steamed clams, etc.. things with little protein... If you are having steak eat half as much as you usually do.....

Still don't see the connection between protein and acne...

Also avoid food that has been frozen, as this will create toxins....Plus food like that has been cooked, frozen, and then needs to be heated... This will contain the most amounts of toxins.......

Food that has been cooked twice, like twice baked potatoes, or even reheating a dinner from the night before will contain more toxins..

Why?

This acne diet works for 90% of people with acne.. it clears there acne completely... It will only not work if it is strictly hormonal... even then it will help.. IT IS EXTREMELY HARD TO FOLLOW<< THIS IS AN ADAPTION I have made some obversation from being on the diet myself, and I have ways everyone can make small dietary changes to benefit from this diet without changing their lifestyle too much...... I call it

THE KNOWSHOW DIET

As we know, almost ALL acne is caused by excess sebum (oil) production, combined with pinched off sebum canals.... The oil can't travel to the surface, thus pimples arise. This is believed to be caused by toxins in the cooked foods we eat... myself and many others are living proof that this is true... To those it did not work for, you did not stick with the diet or you are in the 10% of hormonal acne, but I bet you just didn't stick with it.

PART 1

EVERY TIME YOU ADD HEAT TO ANYTHING YOU ARE CHANGING ITS MOLECULAR STRUCTURE

PART 2

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT>.. When eating anything containing sugar, candy, fruit, etc... Be sure to stabilize your blood-sugar levels with FAT..... yes fat is good.... but it must be good fat, like extra virgin olive oil, cold pressed, or avocado, brazilian nuts, pistachio nuts.... etc... your sugar to fat ration is 2:1

Add these things to any regime and you will notice a dramatic difference..... for the better

I wash my face with just water for the most part, Volvic, low mineral water..... I wash with cetaphil 1once a day, if that.... for spot treatment, I apply BP or Niacinimade, spelled wrong, but only a small amount, right on the head of pimple, not even around sides, products will pinch of sebum canals... I only break out when I don't follow the diet.... drinking soda.....alcohol

the original diet is here www.freeacnebook.com

GOOD LUCK, feel free to ask any questions

This information is highly flawed and unscientific. The writer has absolutely zero knowledge in nutrition.

well I have very severe acne and this diet cleared up all of my acne....... everyone elses who I've talked to whom have tried it and then theres always the thousands of testimonials...... The author gives this information away for free..

The information is from a biochemist who research every single statement and even footnotes it to tell you where its from. These are facts children. As I said the original diet is here www.freeacnebook.com

I forgot to add

NO HATERS PLEASE >>> THIS POSTING IS TO HELP PEOPLE THERE IS NO OTHER MOTIVE..... I DO NOT NEED TO DEFEND THIS POSTING.........IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT THEN MOVE ON TO ANOTHER POST AND CONTINUE BEING AN IGNORANT RETARD........Thank you..

Hi, I know about this diet, I read the site of it about 2 years ago and went on that diet then, I did it to see if i could work and thus followed the instructions to the letter (even bought special unroasted brazil nuts and unsalted fresh salmon).

Then after 2.5 weeks I stopped because I couldnt see the slightest improvement even the weeks after I stopped the diet my skin didnt show any latent effects of improvement. And also because the diet was too restrictive to hold in to, I love to eat realy tasty (bad) foods too much :( (it also left me with a extreme disliking of olive oil which i loved before, i had to smear it on everything to get the right amount of fat levels)

I know that maybe I didnt do it long enough but after years of research and experience I personally dont believe acne can be solved by eating only specific foods.

Although I do have noticed a slight correlation between my food habbits and acne over the years. But I hope thats just in my head because the last thing i want is to start feeling bad about the things i eat (because i've been anorexic a long time ago, and im glad i got over that without too much problems)

Now having said that, I'm definitely no hater.

1) Because my skin didn't get worse (well maybe only a little because of my frustration that it didnt improve and thus i picked more....)

2) The diet seemed to be extremely healthy, I even lost a lot of weight (and no musclemass :), im a breakdancer) without having become realy hungry in those weeks (3 kilos i think) which set me right back to my ideal weight, so that was definitely good.

Doesnt mean i dont believe your story and those testimonies (read most of them back in the days) but maybe some other factors got envolved in clearing your acne too (like hormones, state of mind can do a lot too (cause less stress))

My acne got better by itself without the diet and now im practically clear and i still eat like a pizza every 2 days (and more) (hehe, thats because im a pizza delivery guy in the weekends :P)

We do? Where did you get that information? You need alot protein if you excersise.

you have got to be kidding me. you think its that easy? 90 vs 10 percent?? are you aware that there are hereditary factors combined with possible environmental, allergic and hormonal triggers? chemical suseptibility? your arrogance astounds me.

do your research. do NOT post absolutes. if it works for you fine but don't say its gospel when its just you and "some others". Besides, there's an entire forum for diet. Take your discussion there please and thank you. I have enough issues with food than to have to worry about your "therories" my life is stressful enough.

and if you don't eat the right variety of veggies you don't get the protein. lentils etc. a vegetarian diet is extremely hard to manage successfully without dietary advice, and is not advisabe until the age of 18 as you need the maximum nutritional content as your body metabolizes faster (not in all cases tho)

if you just ate fruits and veggies you would actually be worse off because unless it is the RIGHT proportions you would be lacking in your nutrition and THAT can cause a break out due to the hormonal changes that would folllow.

and by the way knowshow. I am a hater. i hate ignorance and no i will not ignore your posts until they stay where they belong. in the diet section. i did not come here to read someone screaming their uneducated crap. exacly what ARE your credentials anyways???

you are an idiot....

there is no evidence that diet has anything to do with acne

your just wasting time and money

HAHAHAHAH!!!!! Goodness - this thread is giving me such a laugh! Everyone thinks they're an expert....

actually muscles do need enough protein before and after exercise because otherwise they wont grow (or even decrease if you havent taken carbs and are low on fatreserves) and then the exercise would not have been very efficient :cool:

And what did I say?

actually muscles do need enough protein before and after exercise because otherwise they wont grow (or even decrease if you havent taken carbs and are low on fatreserves) and then the exercise would not have been very efficient :cool:

And what did I say?

eum, I seem to have misinterpreted what you said.

I thought you meant to say: where did you get the information that you need a lot of protein if you excersise? (as a one question)

Obviously your last sentence was a statement, forgive me, my mistake :pray:

Hmm..........good point. This really does belong in the Diet/Holistic section. I'll move it for ya'll.

I already posted it in there... JUST DELETE IT>>> I STARTED IT.... I guess people can't admit that the food theyre eating is causing their acne.....maybe one day you'll realize it..

Everything you need is in the book...... please don't bother asking me any question....... I am leaving the boards, never to return again.. I cannot deal with the people who want to argue about something they know nothing about and are not open to even learning more about it....

check out the book..... www.freeacnebook.com

i hope you all find your cure.. have a good life.

Do you think we as animals are meant to have control of fire and are meant to cook our food....... Our digestives systems did not evolve from anyone cooking food.... We are meant to eat fruit, and only fruit... This is how we became the smartest beings alive....

you have no idea what your talking about if you disagree with this posting...

I disagree, mostly cause you know nothing about human evolution. Civilization (civilization being "smart" humans) only began with the advent of agricultural societies which consisted primarily on grains and meats. Only scavenger societies had diets with large amounts of fruits. As we see from present day reality, agricultural civilization (the grain and meat ones) won out over scanvenger societies (the fruit ones). Therefore, how we became the smartest beings alive was to settle and plant grain crops and domesticate animals; not by scavengering for fruit.

Humans have had control of fire for millennia. We have evolved over millenia.

Since you have no idea what you are talking about...

I already posted it in there... JUST DELETE IT>>> I STARTED IT.... I guess people can't admit that the food theyre eating is causing their acne.....maybe one day you'll realize it..

Why did you delete it? Because there were some intelligent arguments against your theories, backed up with scientific data? I was acually looking for that thread this morning because I wanted one of those guys to explain spirulina to me. This thread is pretty much the same as the last one, without the interesting bits of extra information. Why don't you go ahead and delete this one too?

Who cares what we used to eat?! Whats interesting is whats compatible with our bodies. That may be similiar to what we used to eat, but dont stare yourselves blind at paleo and the evolution.

KnowsHow, fruitarian diets may give you your short term benefits you're seeing now, but they are in no way a good long term diet. Your logic is also very flawed - modern fruits are much different from what our ancestors consumed and bred to be a lot higher in sugar. Maybe if you choose to be open minded instead of rejecting everything everyone says because only you can be the person that's right, you could give this site a look: http://www.beyondveg.com/cat/fruit-dreams/index.shtml.

I'll copy and paste a couple things too.

H&B: Let's hear more about the fruitarianism question--with regard to humans and apes both. I know you have plenty of opinions on the thinking and behavior of those subscribing to this particular system of diet.

W.N.: Well, first there is the problem of defining just what you mean by the words "fruit" and "fruitarian." There is a lot of gamesmanship, sleight-of-hand, and word redefinition that goes on among fruitarian advocates to redefine "fruit" away from the common definition (soft, pulpy, sweet, juicy fruits from tree or vine) so that it includes the so-called "vegetable fruits" like peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes and the like, or "nut-fruits" and so on, so as to broaden what is considered "fruitarian." In a botanical sense, these foods can be considered fruits, and thus--if we stretch things a bit--perhaps "technically" permissible in what might be called a "fruitarian" diet.

The problem, however, is that most fruitarians don't even stop there either. Most go further and allow or even specifically recommend "greens" and/or "green-leafed vegetables" as essential, and of course neither of these qualify as fruit even in the botanical sense. Once you get this far, any sense of integrity about what "fruit" really means has been sacrificed to the realm of fast-talking slipperiness.

Word games over what qualifies as "fruit" usually expand the definition so far that the distinction means little. But you have to look at the fact that most people don't normally think of these other items as fruits unless they are trying to wiggle out of the straightjacket the normal definition creates when you really start to think about being able to survive on nothing but fruits alone. So if one wants to play games and define a fruit as almost anything under the sun that is a "seed-bearing mesocarp" or whatever, well, fine, but in my view that's losing touch with the reality of what people mean in common parlance and mutual understanding of the language. Certainly if you define fruit broadly enough as a botanist might, you may be able to make it as what I call a "technical fruitarian" (meaning extremely technically defined).

We should recognize that this is just a game, though, because it's a moving target that people trying to be fruitarians use so it won't bother their conscience to use the label. Frankly, the way fruit is sometimes defined by fruitarians (to include nuts, seeds, greens, and/or green vegetables) doesn't really distinguish the diet much, if any, from an all-raw version of a Natural Hygiene diet of fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds.

Were our evolutionary primate predecessors really true "fruitarians"? If you are defining fruit the way it is commonly defined as relatively high-sugar-content, juicy tree fruits plus things like melons, berries, and so forth, then we have something more concrete to talk about. As far as the normally defined fruits go, there is a partial grain of truth to apes as fruitarians, and for the ancestor common to us both, but only if you remember we are talking what the greatest percentage of the diet was. While over half may have been fruit at one time (perhaps with the gracile Australopithecines 3-4 million years ago, although I don't know of any data to confirm this with any surety or not), there were also significant portions of other foods. To really make a case for anything approaching fruitarianism as ancestral to humans, you would have to go back to at least the common ape-like ancestor ancestral to both chimps and humans approximately 7 million years ago, and even this would not have been total fruitarianism.

The closest approximation to fruitarianism (and not completely so, at that) in an ape-like species might have been in the time period of around 40 million years ago, but you have to realize these creatures were apes and not human. Humans themselves (the genus Homo, beginning with Homo habilis over 2 million years ago) have never been fruitarian. Even chimps, who are the nearest modern ape species to fruitarianism, do not eat above 2/3 fruit or so in the case of the common chimp, or perhaps as high as 80% in the case of the bonobo chimp--in either case still a significant amount short of 100%, especially when you consider they both also eat leaves, pith, insects, and a bit of meat too.

Simply put: Humans are not apes. As a number of Natural Hygiene practitioners have noted, however, few humans can eat even 2/3 fruit over long periods of time without getting into serious difficulties. We had several M2M folks try near-fruitarian diets, and no one had any lasting success with it, although some have done fine for several months at first, perhaps even a year or two. In fact, those that we knew of in the M2M reported getting into trouble trying to do so and later regretted their naivete in attempting it, due to the problems that eventually followed. The two most common repercussions of long-term attempts at fruitarianism are usually that the teeth are the first to go, then people's blood-sugar processing abilities, along with deficiencies.

[n]People may do well at first, but this is because they are living off of past nutritional reserves, and when the stored reserves run out, the game's over. This is a theme we've probably beaten to death here, but it warrants repetition, especially with regard to fruitarian diets: It is not enough for a diet to be "clean"--it must also be a sufficient diet. Fruitarianism and near-fruitarianism are the worst possible case, because in addition to progressive long-term deficiencies, the body's insulin-production capabilities are being simultaneously overwhelmed with the high carbohydrate load in the form of higher glycemic-index foods containing simpler sugars like glucose, sucrose, and fructose.

Advocates of "fruitarianism" frequently change their definition of it over time. Most people who initially promote a total fruitarian diet are forced to back off and begin allowing the use of some nuts, seeds, and green vegetables from experience. This may extend the period over which a "fruitarian" can maintain their regimen, but it doesn't remove the underlying problem of the long-term consequences of excessive sugar consumption and/or hyperinsulinism, not to mention low intake of B-vitamins, certain minerals, etc., that are likely to result if the diet is continued long enough.

(Although the following is just speculation, and there may certainly have been other potentially causative factors, it is worth considering that the relatively early death of near-fruitarian advocate T.C. Fry at age 70 recently--from atherosclerotic plaques in his legs that led to a coronary embolism--might possibly have been due at least in part to hyperinsulinism, which can promote atherosclerosis and heart disease. See Chet Day's investigative article, "The Life & Times of T.C. Fry" at the Health & Beyond website for more on Fry's life and the events leading up to his death. Caveat: You will need the helper app Adobe Acrobat Reader for your web browser to read the PDF file that you'll be served up while online.)