Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carlo

how to get normal complexion

ey there people, am on my 4th week of the regimen, am glad that iam clear now tho' my skin is still kinda flaky and red at times, but one thing that bothers me is that its seems that my skin isnt having a normal complexion. its like evrytime i look at the mirror, i could seen that my face has plastic mask covered -- is it becz of the bp i guess, but is this really normal at this stage, and my face is still adjusting to the bp still?

will the flakiness wont be gone while your in the regimes?? i would enjoy dry skin but i dnt like to have flaky skin. ALso, i noticed that when i get sweaty especially on my face. my face gets to be so sticky because of the bp, is that really normal and for the users of bp? it is like ive put my face with lots of sticky gel... and it bothers me wenever am with my friends, i hope you can imagine it (face with transparent face gel) i was expecting that the bp gel i put on my face will be totally be absorbed in our skin. but for me its like a covering on our face... hope some one could give me infos... or all of us who are using the regimen also has the same experience with me... by the way iam using PanOxyl 2.5% gel... :confused::confused::confused:

Firstly a lot of people find PanOxyl a lot more irritating than other BP's (I know that I did) and so this could be contributing to the dryness, I found that switching to Dan's BP helped me with this problem a lot.

Whilst your on the regimen a certain degree of dryness is to be expected, but although you're still near the start of the CSR it should still reduce a bit (mine was pretty bad until about just over the 1 month mark). Plenety of moisturiser should help with this probelm- just apply whenever you feel you need it and be as generous as you like with it!

I also find that I get sweatier on the areas which I apply BP and there isn't really anything you can do to stop this as such. My advice would just be keep a tissue handy so you can dab your face whenever you feel sweaty.

And as for feeling that the BP is not absorbed into your skin very well I think this could also be down to the PanOxyl a bit- I found that Dan's gel is much more easily absorbed, so switching BP's could also help this problem. Also try watching the videos again to make sure you are applying correctly and getting it right into your skin http://www.acne.org/video.html :)

i plastic/leather look is dehydrated skin, no necesarilly flaky skin, but dehydrated.

what moisturser are you using? and what wash/cleanser aswell?

xx

Just to add to this thread Ive started using more BP recently(Dans gel) and ive had problems with flaking which ive never had before.

I used Eucerin and this was the best moisturiser but I used it up very quickly and its a bit pricey, anywhos tried Neutrogena moisturiser and its pretty crap so I suppose Eucerin is my only option??

I also changed from Simple soap bar to Boots ACT bar and that seems to make my face more flakey after washing

If you're having a lot of trouble with flakiness, you might try gently brushing off skin flakes with a dry washcloth or toothbrush before you wash your face. Don't try to get them all to go away and don't rub, but getting rid of them certainly helps with clumping of your BP or moisturizer. Also, how long are you waiting between putting on the BP and moisturizing? If you're having a feeling of everything just caked on your face and not absorbing, taking more time between these steps could really help. If you don't wait, BP on your skin that still hasn't absorbed gets mixed in with your moisturizer and then never really absorbs, so it kind of chunks up more than it would if you had waited a while. Make sure you give it at least 15 minutes between when you stop rubbing in the BP and when you start applying your moisturizer.

Also, switching to Dan's gel can't hurt if you plan to stick with this regimen. His gel absorbs wonderfully and never feels cakey on my skin.

thanks alot, yea i think Panoxyl doesnt mix well or absobs to my skin very well, but i really have no choice coz the only available 2.5% bp gel here in our country is only Panoxyl :( but we have benzac gel here but the lowest concentration they only have here is 5%, so which of the 2 shall i use??? i think the benzac gel works better for me on absorbing the bp coz i use the benzac gel 5% to my body (areas with pimple and they dnt flake. but my question is if i use the benzac gel 5% to my face, it myt make my skin more dry.... tho i have oily skin.

im clear now, but am not really happy on how my complexion looks, its realy like i have a plastic mask on my skin... and i use alot of moisturizer too. i am happy that my skin isnt that red anymore and i feel that my skin had already adjusted to my skin but the flakiness is still there. and plastic mask effect too :( what shall i do?

i would be begging to order dans gel here through the internet but, its stated that in the ordering there are places which he cnt deliver... one is the Philippines? should i stick with panoxyl 2.5% gel or the Benzac gel 5%??? pls help me... thanks

Regimen:

morning:

1) wash face with mario badescu botanical gel (with aha)

2) apply 1 full finger of panoxyl 2.5% gel to all over face except chin

area coz no prone pimples there

3) wait 5-10 mins to let the bp dry on my skin

4) apply lots of moisturizer

5) put sunscreen spf 30 to avoid redness from the sun

evening:

1) wash face with mario badescu botanical facial gel

2) apply i full length finger of Panoxyl 2.5% gel all over face except the

chin area coz no prone pimples on that area

3) wait 5-10 mins to let the bp dry on my skin

4) apply lotsa moisturizer (marion badescu oil free moisturizer with spf

17)

ps* i also use the control cream of mario badescu - it is anti redness and anti flakiness to the skin which can be replace with a moisturizer too. (i only put it every morning but not that often)

STATUS: CLEAR! But flaky skin, cakey skin or should i say plastic mask effect and peeling. Very tight skin... can see 'wrinkle lines' when i try to smile :(:(:( sigh....

Just to add to this thread Ive started using more BP recently(Dans gel) and ive had problems with flaking which ive never had before.

I used Eucerin and this was the best moisturiser but I used it up very quickly and its a bit pricey, anywhos tried Neutrogena moisturiser and its pretty crap so I suppose Eucerin is my only option??

I also changed from Simple soap bar to Boots ACT bar and that seems to make my face more flakey after washing

how is your skin condition now? by the way is oxy still the same as panoxyl??? do you still flake right now? or the moisturizer helped you alot??? coz i am clear now but my skin is plastic shiney looking with lots flakiness... how do i solve this problem, i think the panoxyl doesnt absorbs well to my skin... but no other option coz the next available is the benzac gel but 5% concentration...

Panoxyl is a crap BP gel, it makes my skin really really dry when I use it, I would change to a different one if I was you.

I also have a quite similar problem. I am using Cetaphil cleanser, Benzac AC BP 5% and Olay moisturizer. I think these products are quite good since my pimples are starting to disappear. There are instances when my skin is so dry and flaky and so I apply the moisturizer. After BP I apply the moisturizer. But throughout the day, whenever my skin gets so dry, I will then apply the moisturizer.

My problem is that my skin is reddish. When I am exposed to a little sunlight, my skin turns very red and there's a sting/burning feeling.

And so I am starting to put less BP. Am I doing the right thing?...Does anyone know what to apply on my face so that it will have fair complexion with fine pores (and avoid the flaming red complexion)?