Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unlucky

A derm that refuses to inject cortisone on the face!!!

I have a derm that refused to give me a cortisone injection for a massive red cyst on my nose. he actually said he doesn't ever inject steriods on the face.

I was shocked because I went in there hoping for a shot =(

Should I find another derm? Is he making the right decision?

why are all your derms injecting cosrtisone yet mine refuses to?

Does your derm prescribe Accutane???............

Mine doesn't (so far anyway)...

But I get about 10 injections a week for these stupid (and sometimes massive) cysts.....

Maybe we can trade........ :lol:

But I get about 10 injections a week for these stupid (and sometimes massive) cysts.....

hahaha yes please!

have you experienced any dents from those shots?

hahaha yes please!

have you experienced any dents from those shots?

Only one but that cyst was huge and had been there for months.....the tiny dent is better than the poc mark it would have left behind.....

A derm i saw in college refused to give me cortisone shots, even in a cyst that I had for 3 going on 4 weeks. HE said something about that studies were showing it could lead to scaring and big pockets (i think, this is 5 years ago). He was able to help me out with lots of meds trying to avoid accutane, and the results lasted a little while. However, I still get cysts, which really sucks.

I had that happen recently. I was looking for a derm closer to home and found one! i called to check on injection prices and he said he NEVER gave them.

i said "oh. fine. bye." and hung up. Pfft. idiots.

I finally got the guts to ask for a dr. to shoot my cysts up..and she did and i'm so glad!!

It's amazing!!! My cyst (which was the size of a dime on my cheek) was gone by the time i drove home....

she saw how bad my cysts were and signed me up for ipedge asap....I hadn't been to her in about 6 years...(i'm 20 and just started getting terrible cysts)

I had been going to a derm closer to my college...she heard the meds i was on and told me accutane was a wonderful drug and that ipedge was a pain in the ass, but that she would do whatever she had to do to keep prescribing it....

I never thought it would be so easy to get accutane..i was always so scared to ask for it!!

Everyone pray for me...I'll be so scared to start it..(my bf is leaving aug. for the military....so hopefully my IB won't be so bad)