Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I hate the fact acne is destroying my whole life! My social life is suffering and I am not going out. Which i am sure many of u can relate to. I also really hate that my relationship with my boyfriend is really suffering because of my self consiousness. I never want to go out anywhere with my boyriend. He invited me to go to the beach this weekekend but its that time of the month and I feel awful and my skin looks terrible so there is no way I can go and it upsets him loads. I keep letting him down and he gets so upset and i feel worse. I tell myself all the time i am ugly and why does such a perfect flawless man love me??? I think the only reason he is with me is my personality... but i want to be beautiful for him. I have only slept at his house a few times... and I slept round there once and left my make-up on.. but recently I braved it and slept round there with none on and I couldn't sleep because I was so paranoid. I also hide a lot under the covers so he doesn't have to see my red face when he wakes up! :cry: I have been with this guy for 9 months and still I am afraid he is judging me. I am gonna go mad because life with acne is really hard. I sound really vein.... lol I always worrying about my skin... although my boyfriend did admit to me being vein is better than being self-consious.. but i don't really know anymore... acne ruins everything.

I think you dont have to gave up on you skin problem and feel so bad about your self as you feel now. Go on with your life, keep seaching for remedies for the skin problem and I believe that you will definately get a solution to the that. It is never the end of it . Read some good articles about acne and continue searching for advices from expects in the field.

this is the same stuff people get hit by

your the wise one to realize...

well for the rest of the forum too

hope theres a conclusion to this all drama

I hate the fact acne is destroying my whole life! My social life is suffering and I am not going out. Which i am sure many of u can relate to. I also really hate that my relationship with my boyfriend is really suffering because of my self consiousness. I never want to go out anywhere with my boyriend. He invited me to go to the beach this weekekend but its that time of the month and I feel awful and my skin looks terrible so there is no way I can go and it upsets him loads. I keep letting him down and he gets so upset and i feel worse. I tell myself all the time i am ugly and why does such a perfect flawless man love me??? I think the only reason he is with me is my personality... but i want to be beautiful for him. I have only slept at his house a few times... and I slept round there once and left my make-up on.. but recently I braved it and slept round there with none on and I couldn't sleep because I was so paranoid. I also hide a lot under the covers so he doesn't have to see my red face when he wakes up! :cry: I have been with this guy for 9 months and still I am afraid he is judging me. I am gonna go mad because life with acne is really hard. I sound really vein.... lol I always worrying about my skin... although my boyfriend did admit to me being vein is better than being self-consious.. but i don't really know anymore... acne ruins everything.

i feel ya girl!!! i hope you know you're not alone in this. i thought i was the only girl on earth who was terrified of sleeping at her boyfriend's house...and the only girl who wondered, "what is this amazing guy doing with me?" chances are, the sight of you w/o your makeup doesnt bother him at all. when youve been with someone for awhile, they begin to love every part of you, inside and out...every flaw too. i know its hard, but being comfortable and open with him will bring you together. give sleeping there a chance ;) wash off your makeup before bed...set your alarm early if it makes you feel better...and dust on a little powder. i started making an attempt to sleep at my boyfriends house more often b/c i was scared that my turning him down would lead him to wonder if there was something wrong with HIM...when the truth is, hes pretty damn great :wub:

your boy wouldnt stay with you for 9 months if he didnt think you were beautiful :D

I'm 20 years old, and Ive had bad acne since I was about 10. My social life is definitely suffering also.. I'm too paranoid to go out.. I check mirrors 24/7, I stopped going to my grandmoms house.. I havent seen some of my friends in about a year, I dumped my girlfriend, and not approaching new girls is pissing me off. For the past couple days, Ive been thinking. Maybe its time to keep battling acne, but also just accept the shit. Maybe its time to seriously not give a fuck anymore..

i was exactly the same this time last year. i've been trying to find a cure for my acne for forever & now i've just given up.

i honestly believe you've gotta work from the inside out & i try to eat and drink everything that'll benefit my skin. (berries have helped me alot)

still, i'm having problems with my appearence & all i do is try to make the most of my assests and cover up my worst bits. make-up usually and this skin cover up (sally hansen airbush face) is really really good it also give you a good tan too.

i'm just trying to manage for now... that's all i can do. it's not killing me to manage... i'm still working on my acne all the time....

i've learnt to accept it and it's kinda helped. i still have my shitty days but it's much better than constantly worrying.

just try to find something that is semi-perminant for now?

you seem like a nice bright girl. try not to let it get you down so much!

quit cryin and go on the pill...hon. then get on with ur life try diane-35

Quit hiding under the covers! I'd rather he think I was just normal but with a red face! He may think you're nuts hiding and not looking at him...lol but really I'm sure he likes you!

quit cryin and go on the pill...hon. then get on with ur life try diane-35

Yeh I am on diane-35. Been on it for a year and a half now. Its not workin.... :(

Thank you for all your replies. I gotta stop being so paranoid. !!