Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smoothbig

Those who are 100% clear, do you still have oily/shiney skin?

So the acne gets better and clears up, what about the oil production?

once upon a time i did not have oily skin... *sigh*

My skin is still shiny because I use an SPF moisturizer, but I usually blot it with paper towel and that seems to take care of the problem.

A little shine isn't really a bad thing, it makes your skin look healthy. Nothing like lightly-tanned, shiny, clear skin.

I didn't have particularly oily skin to begin with, and I don't believe the CSR has changed that. I am shiny when I use my day moisturizer, but that's mostly because it has SPF 15 in it and shimmer, so I think looking shiny is kind of the point with that product. I think shiny/glowing skin generally looks better than dried out skin or an overmakeuped matte complexion. If it bothers you, blot your moisturizer like SuperFly does, try oil absorbing sheets, or dust on colorless loose powder. You could switch to a moisturizer without SPF, but you do so at the risk of getting some nasty red irritation from being in the sun for more than a couple of minutes with BP on. BP makes my skin very sensitive to sun exposure, and even with SPF 15 on, if I'm in partial sunlight for even a half hour, I get red areas that won't go away for a couple of days that probably would have turned into full-fledged burns if I were out for longer.

yea man i get a shiney face stil

its a careful balance with moisturiser to get it jus right

most of the time i get it right but now and again i mess it up an get a greasy face all day :(

hehe

Yes I actually have quite a REALLY shiny face. I use an anti-shine cleanser and blotting sheets twice a day, and the shine is really going away!

I have that matte shine now instead of a greasy shine, but when I apply moisturizer damn am I shiny!

My skin is less oily than it was. In fact it now tends towards being overly dry. Can't have it all ways, I guess.

My skin is less oily than it was. In fact it now tends towards being overly dry. Can't have it all ways, I guess.

Do you moisturize?

Guest nec77

oily skin is good though.. you will look much better then people with dry skin lets say in your 30s+ cause of less wrinkles.

oily skin is good though.. you will look much better then people with dry skin lets say in your 30s+ cause of less wrinkles.

true, but if you get the balance right then u wil stil have moisturised skin but also not shiney :D

I started the regimen april '05 with oily skin, and i totally cleared up but still have the oily skin. It looks a lot better though without all the blemishes and actually gives me a "tropical" look haha (i'm dark skinned). but whenever i go out, i usually blot my face and i'm good for a few hours if it's not hot. Now that summer's hear, i can't tell if it's freakin oil or sweat! But nonetheless, blotting is the only answer i have. I forgot who gave this tip a while back in these forums, but I use the toilet seat covers in public. Just grab one, tear off a peice and blot. It works as well as any other blotter and it's free!!