Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone,

I am a new member and this is my first posting. I am 27 and am in graduate school to become licensed as a Clinical Psychologist in a few years. I have struggled with acne since I was 16 but it has gotten better over the years. I mostly get whiteheads around my lower chin area and it has resulted in some scarring. So lately I got really fed up. I went to Celibre to get lazer treatment. I went in there, without doing any research and got talked into signing up for 6 treatments for $3200. I had one treatment that day, about 3 days ago, and after reading testimonials on acne.org, I about freaked out and called today to cancel treatment. I could go on and on about why I have decided lazers are a bad idea but it would take too long. Though, I do believe the company is insincere and out to make money. The lady that was oh so nice to me when getting me to sign my contract for treatment was majorly rude to me on the phone today. Not a nice person. I saw the insincerity from the beginning and should have stuck to my instincts. The major thing though is that there is a sheet they give you of what to do and not to do and one of the instructions is to not use aloe vera based products because it interferes with the lazers. Get this! They give you products to use and advice you not to use anything else and the first ingredient they have in their moisturizer is aloe vera! What?

Anyway, so I went online to www.acneyoda.com tonight and found a plethra of information. I had to pay $40 but I'm glad that I did. It took me 4 hours to read all the info and am almost done. In a nutshell, here is what I have found: (there is way more that I haven't included...)

The main reason for acne is that the liver is overloaded and cannot eliminate toxins properly from the body which show up as acne, among other symptoms. Somehow it causes the sebum to become thicker and creates a breading ground for bacteria in the subcutaneous level of the dermis (bare with me-- this is from memory). The following is from notes I took...

In order for proper liver functioning, there needs to be a balance of Essential Fatty Acids (EFC'S) mixed with unpasturized cultured dairy such as goat milk. The latter is to kill candida (yeast/fungal growth) and regenerate bowels for EFA absorption.

Antioxidant intake is also necessary for EFA absorption and proper liver functioning --> Vitamin E, Selenium, beta-carotene, and lecithin

Need B Vitamins for EFA conversion

Vitamin C is a toxin neutralizer

MSM is organic sulfur and helps with collagen formations and healing and repairing processes

Need to eat lots of green leafy veggies and no hydrogenated oils (they lead to electron depletion which leads to skin cancer... He explains this and its really interesting)

No refined sugar or starch (use Stevia which is a natural sweetener that is 300 times sweeter than sugar and does not cause insulin levels to rise)

A high fiber diet cleans the GI tract and absorbs toxins and helps the liver

Don't eat too much protein

Milk, yogurt, cheese, and nuts are mucus forming, lining the inside of the body with a toxic paste

Soy is bad and causes increase in estogen levels, throwing off hormones which is the root of acne. Supposedly, when the liver is functioning correctly, therefore able to elimate toxins, and hormones are regulated, acne will disappear.

IN SUMMARY: PROSTAGLANDINS ARE WHAT REGULATE HORMONES AND YOU NEED EFA'S FOR YOUR BODY TO PRODUCE PROSTAGLANDS. BUT YOU NEED ALL THE AFORMENTIONED SUPPLEMENTS FOR YOUR BODY TO ABSORD AND SYNTHASIZE THE EFA'S.

The author goes on to explain how you have to change your diet, because it is the root of the problem and gives links to find all the suggested supplements. Essentially, you are detoxifying your body so that it is not over-run with toxins which show up as acne.

It seems the key is DETOX THE LIVER AND EAT HEALTHY UNPROCESSED FOODS.

Back in the day, people did not suffer from acne because they did not have all the preservatives, man-made oils, artifical stuff we put in our body every day. They ate natural foods. Other countries that eat fresh foods have a dramatically reduced incidence of acne. You are what you eat! It makes sense.

I am not affiliated with acneyoda.com but I would suggest buying the download because he explains soooo much that people need to know. It requires dedication but I am willing to get my body back to a natural and health state, detoxify my organs, eat nutritious foods, cut out the crap, reduce my suceptibility to cancer, and have clear beautiful skin for life! He said he suffered his whole life from acne and that this is the only thing that has worked. I am going to try and will keep you posted.

By the way, I have recently stopped using all cleansers and facial products, wash with a warm/hot cloth and use aloe vera gel fortified with Vitamin E as my moisturizer and my face has cleared up. I think drying my face with BP and SA was causing my face to produce more oil, thus clogging my pores. Aloe vere is an anti-inflammatory (helps with redness and swelling) and is NATURAL.

My theory is that if we use what God gave us naturally and eat the foods that he intended us to eat, not what man has made, we will be healthy.

Hope this helps,

Kim

Keep us posted. I have bought so much rubbish off the internet that I'm not prepared to waste any more money. But I am interested to find out if it works.

I'll keep looking for regular updates. And let us know what you are eating.

Thanks for taking the time to share that information. Personally I am very sceptical of the acne as a result of toxins theory - there is a lot of it around. However, you might have get more interest in the diet/holistic forum. Good luck anyway.

I should probably have posted in the holistic section but remember Jesus ate with the sinners meaning perhaps you all needed to read this and pay more attention to your diet. Seriously, I think all acne suffers need to do a colon and liver flush and see what the results are. I am about to do so. If your body has no toxins (for arguement sake) then all functions would be functioning practically optimal and there would not be thick sebum, or dirty blood, resulting in acne. The outside is a reflection of the inside. Why do babies not have acne but get acne in adolescence? Just enough time to store up toxins and throw hormones out of whack. You are only treating the symptoms of disease with topical solution after topical solution. Consider eliminating the source by purifying the body with fresh foods and low sugar intake. No hydrogenated oils, especially fast food. If you change your diet and stick to it for a month or so and there is no improvement, then at least you tried (though such a lifestyle change would be best). Look in the mirror and decide if changing your lifestyle/eating habits is worth getting your life back.

Hi Kim.

I actually signed up for a similar (maybe the same) type of thing you bought on the net. It seemed great at first, well, before i joined up and paid the $40 (or £20 for me :dance: ) But i soon realised that this type of 'lifestyle change' was almost impossible to keep up. the amount of things you are expected to do, or rather, not do, and the amount of money you are expected to pay for suppliement is extraordinary. ud end up paying like $400 per month just on suppliements. i am yet to see anyone fully adhire to this regime. unless you are living in the middle of the jungle, its guna be a challenge, to say the least.

Yasin is exactly right. I probably have a better diet than most here (I'm vegan, and the vast majority of my food is fresh and unprocessed). A nutritionist I went to described my diet as "brilliant" (no, he was not a vegan nutritionist either, lol). Going vegan made no difference to my acne though. None. What *did* make a difference was going on the CSR. Since doing that, I've been able to eat more of the junk food I like (he-he!), e.g. the odd bar of chocolate, without breaking out. :D

I've no doubt that *some* people will be able to cure their acne by eating more healthily. But, just like everything else (including the CSR), it's not a guaranteed cure for everyone. :(

I should probably have posted in the holistic section but remember Jesus ate with the sinners meaning perhaps you all needed to read this and pay more attention to your diet. Seriously, I think all acne suffers need to do a colon and liver flush and see what the results are. I am about to do so. If your body has no toxins (for arguement sake) then all functions would be functioning practically optimal and there would not be thick sebum, or dirty blood, resulting in acne. The outside is a reflection of the inside. Why do babies not have acne but get acne in adolescence? Just enough time to store up toxins and throw hormones out of whack. You are only treating the symptoms of disease with topical solution after topical solution. Consider eliminating the source by purifying the body with fresh foods and low sugar intake. No hydrogenated oils, especially fast food. If you change your diet and stick to it for a month or so and there is no improvement, then at least you tried (though such a lifestyle change would be best). Look in the mirror and decide if changing your lifestyle/eating habits is worth getting your life back.

:lol: Love the analogy. I think I heard someone describe this as the evangelical stage. You should really try the program over an extended period of time before putting to much faith in it. I HAVE actually tried the diet thing, I would say over approximately 2 years (at least that was how long I was off of all meds). I started slow, gave up junk food, chocolates etc etc and as time went on and I didn't see results, I cut more foods out. By the end I was living off a very limited range of foods and getting very skinny but I still had moderate/severe acne. I NEVER ate out or ate anything I hadn't cooked myself. It was exhausting worrying about every morsel I put in my mouth and hugely depressing walking around with hideous skin. Occassionally it seemed to get better but that didn't last. 7 weeks ago I finally gave up completely. I should have done it before but I truly believed in the holistic approach and curing myself from within. Now I am on Accutane and about 3 weeks in my skin had cleared up 95%. Now I am evangelical about that!!

I've heard similar things before about the link between the liver and acne. My parents are from Pakistan and when I first started breaking out, the first thing they told me to use was a tonic called Saafi. This is a homeopathic remedy used for generations in Pakistan for treating acne. It works to purify the blood by internally cleansing and detoxifying the body and correcting the function of the liver. The theory behind it is that pimples and skin eruptions occur due to impurities in the blood and digestive problems which it purports to correct. For years, I refused to take that stuff cause it was so bitter tasting but I broke down and finally tried it out of sheer desperation at a time when I was experiencing a series of terrible breakouts. Began using it twice a day and my breakouts stopped immediately. It was incredible because I did not get a single pimple the entire time I was on it. Then I began reading up on it and discovered Canada and the U.K had issued warnings that it was contaminated with heavy metals which could be fatal in large doses. I stopped taking it and after a week my acne returned. Still, the idea of cleansing your bloodstream and liver intrigues me and if there is a proven and safe detox regimen out there I really think it could be an acne cure from the inside-out. I wouldn't trust the ones offered by websites trying to make a quick buck off of you.

Yasin is exactly right. I probably have a better diet than most here (I'm vegan, and the vast majority of my food is fresh and unprocessed). A nutritionist I went to described my diet as "brilliant" (no, he was not a vegan nutritionist either, lol). Going vegan made no difference to my acne though. None. What *did* make a difference was going on the CSR. Since doing that, I've been able to eat more of the junk food I like (he-he!), e.g. the odd bar of chocolate, without breaking out. :D

I've no doubt that *some* people will be able to cure their acne by eating more healthily. But, just like everything else (including the CSR), it's not a guaranteed cure for everyone. :(

Hello all! Thanks for the replies. Okay, update! I went to a homeopathic doctor today here in LA, Cali. He has 4 doctorates! Quite possibly the smartest guy I have ever met. He said the origin of acne is toxicity of the body, when the ph of the body is off (too much acidity due to hydrolyzed oils, sugar, pork, white flour, etc.), and one other thing that I can't remember. But he said that toxicity is linked to not having enough fatty acids. He hooked me up to a biofeedback machine and told me my allergies, put my energy field back in line, and increased my bodies ability to restore cells, among other things. He also gave me a brochure for skin care products that are completely natural and effective. All organic! This is important! I am realizing that if God did not create it, and man did, it will destroy in the end. And if you don't believe me, look at the diseases that have emerged once processed foods were first put on the shelf. Explosion of disease, cancer, acne, etc. It even says man will destroy himself. I will try not to get to preachy on you but I believe God has been leading me to the TRUTH so I can help myself along anyone else who will listen, along with you. For those of you that the diet did not work, I don't think you were getting enough essential fatty acids. Were you taking supplements of EFA's? Going vegan and vegetarian is not the answer. You need a balance of fatty acids with the nutrients that transport it to the cells (such as kiefer which is cultured unpasturized dairy). You have to make it or buy it at special stores. But get this, before pasteurization, it was readily available. Pasteurization is done to kill bacteria but it kills the good bacteria in the process and creates a paste in our body, among other things. It seems hard to find kiefer like dairy in our world today but only because man has interveined and put things on our shelves that have been molecularly altered. Therefore, our body does not have the enzymes to break it down (because it is not natural) and it is therefore a toxin to our system! Do you get it! If it is not natural, and has been "reprocessed" (hydrogenated, pasteurized, msg, aspartame, splenda...) our body cannot break it down, is therefore toxic, and it is absorbed into our tissues while "some" is excreted, but what is stored in the tissue remains. We continue to eat the stuff and toxins continue to be stored in our cells and tissues. That is why toxin flushes are so important! Did you know that other countries are all about cleanses but because America is all caught up in itself and materialism, in addition to what is fun or feels good, with think of cleanses and flushes as a foreign or wierd idea! Well not according to the rest of the world. My doctor told me today that my ph is off and that my lower intestine is overloaded with toxins, my spleen, liver, gall bladdar, and kidneys are overloaded... and I have parasites. He put me on a parasite flush, an excretatory organ flush, and a lower intestine flush. He wants me to take Primrose oil (essential fatty acids). Later I will do the liver flush. I will try the organic facial products and keep you posted. I'll let you know how all the flushes go to. Regardless how it affects my acne, I want to rid myself of cancer causing toxins.

Where do you find unpasturized Kefir?

I live in Canada and unpasturized dairy his illegal.

Here is the website to get kefer for those of you who don't live in the US and therefore may not be able to buy it locally:

http://users.chariot.net.au/~dna/kefirpage.html

Even if you just want more information about what it is, you should check the site out.

Hope this helps

This is a great topic. All these things u've talked about kimmyd do seem true and I'm trying to follow the right diet (no hydrogenated oils etc..) but I can't get kefir. I have not had any flushes yet and I have idd seen improvemenst. Is there an alternative to kefir? Organic yogurt?

I will look more into the flushes.

Pls keep us posted kimmyd, well done :clap:

If you do a search, you'll find that many of us are already doing these things. I have been bowel cleansing for months and have done six liver flushes.

Still, the only thing that keeps me clear is sticking to a diet without sugar (and that include natural sugars like honey and maple syrup), wheat/gluten, and most dairy. I also have to lay low on the alcohol and coffee, which I do. I followed a whole foods, natural, vegan diet for years, but I actually developed acne while I was a vegan.

The only way to get UNpasteurized kefir is to make your own using raw milk. That and butter are pretty much the only dairy I tolerate.

Good luck. Let us know how you progress with cleansing. You'll find lots of info here if you do a search.

Sorry just figured i'd throw in a little reality check!

The main reason for acne is that the liver is overloaded and cannot eliminate toxins properly from the body

-What "Toxins" are you talking about and show me a study where it shows the liver is the culprit, if this is the case everyone who drinks alcohol (college students) should break out like crazy.

In order for proper liver functioning, there needs to be a balance of Essential Fatty Acids (EFC'S) mixed with unpasturized cultured dairy such as goat milk. The latter is to kill candida (yeast/fungal growth) and regenerate bowels for EFA absorption.

-Unpasteurized milk? this sounds like a GOOD idea to you? what the hell? Regenerate bowels? uhhhh you mean like regrow shit or fix shit? what? EFAs are absorbed via the lymphatic system primarily, not your SHIT

Antioxidant intake is also necessary for EFA absorption and proper liver functioning --> Vitamin E, Selenium, beta-carotene, and lecithin

-common sense

-in other words " i hope you eat meat". Too bad many here are vegetarians or vegans o well.

-what "toxins?" its an anti-oxidant..as in..vit c can donate a hydrogen and neutralize a free radical while then itself becoming a stable free radical.

MSM is organic sulfur and helps with collagen formations and healing and repairing processes

-there's plenty of sulfur in our food, outside sulfur donation via MSM and its benefits are contested

Need to eat lots of green leafy veggies and no hydrogenated oils (they lead to electron depletion which leads to skin cancer... He explains this and its really interesting)

-"veggies are GOOD!" Stick with neutral fats such as olive oil and omega 3's

No refined sugar or starch (use Stevia which is a natural sweetener that is 300 times sweeter than sugar and does not cause insulin levels to rise)

- why not? tell me how the body can tell the difference between a glucose molecule coming from a refined sugar or an "unrefined" one

-WHAT TOXINS?

-No

Milk, yogurt, cheese, and nuts are mucus forming, lining the inside of the body with a toxic paste

-No, try agan

Soy is bad and causes increase in estogen levels, throwing off hormones which is the root of acne.

-this sounds okay

Supposedly, when the liver is functioning correctly, therefore able to elimate toxins, and hormones are regulated, acne will disappear.

-duh, except the liver and toxin part

IN SUMMARY: PROSTAGLANDINS ARE WHAT REGULATE HORMONES AND YOU NEED EFA'S FOR YOUR BODY TO PRODUCE PROSTAGLANDS. BUT YOU NEED ALL THE AFORMENTIONED SUPPLEMENTS FOR YOUR BODY TO ABSORD AND SYNTHASIZE THE EFA'S.

-lots of things regulate prostaglandins, low on the list of regulating toxins are prostaglandins , take yer fish oil and dont worry about pglandins

The author goes on to explain how you have to change your diet, because it is the root of the problem and gives links to find all the suggested supplements.

-there's no real diet-acne connection that's proven YET

Essentially, you are detoxifying your body so that it is not over-run with toxins which show up as acne.

-overrun with toxins, wtf does this mean?

Back in the day, people did not suffer from acne because they did not have all the preservatives, man-made oils, artifical stuff we put in our body every day. They ate natural foods. Other countries that eat fresh foods have a dramatically reduced incidence of acne. You are what you eat! It makes sense.

-everyone has acne, tell me how long you lived in another country to notice that they dont have acne? Tell me how much experience you have with people in the past to know they didnt really have as much now?

I am not affiliated with acneyoda.com but I would suggest buying the download because he explains soooo much that people need to know. It requires dedication but I am willing to get my body back to a natural and health state, detoxify my organs, eat nutritious foods, cut out the crap, reduce my suceptibility to cancer, and have clear beautiful skin for life! He said he suffered his whole life from acne and that this is the only thing that has worked. I am going to try and will keep you posted.

By the way, I have recently stopped using all cleansers and facial products, wash with a warm/hot cloth and use aloe vera gel fortified with Vitamin E as my moisturizer and my face has cleared up. I think drying my face with BP and SA was causing my face to produce more oil, thus clogging my pores. Aloe vere is an anti-inflammatory (helps with redness and swelling) and is NATURAL.

My theory is that if we use what God gave us naturally and eat the foods that he intended us to eat, not what man has made, we will be healthy.

Hope this helps,

Kim

-You got conned by that site

Good for you kimmyd. Just stick with the program and don't listen to the nay-sayers. I believe that the book that youbought makes a lot of sense (based on what you just wrote), and it will help you.

One tip though. Instead of taking heeps of individual vitamins take spirulina and chlorella. They contain pretty much everything your body needs. Including the B vitamins that you supposedly get only from animal protein.

Curing acne naturally doesn't mean that you have to take tons of supplements. Taking tons of supplements in only little bit better than taking medicines.

You should take supplements to help your body to clear all the toxins inside you. Then let your food be your medicine.

Some people might find it difficult to get clear with diet only, but a proper intestinal cleanse should correct that.

Here are couple of examples of toxins:

- byproducts of regular metabolism (like carbon dioxide)

- result of putrefaction and fermentation of food inside your digestive track (why do you think your farts smell? and especially after a night of drinking and junk food)

- result of harmful chemicals being broken down inside your digestive track (aspartame for example breaks down to formaldehyde and other not so healthy molecyles)

- chlorine from drinking water

- fluoride from drinking water

- chemicals in soaps and shampoos that get absorbed through your skin (if you don't think that your skin is letting anythign through then how do you think that nicotine patches are working)

- pestisides and chemical additives in food

Just to mention few. Regarding college students and alcohol drinking. There are many ways liver malfunctions may manifest -acne being one of them. Do you really think that excessive alcohol drinking does nothing to your liver? As far as I understand quite a high percentage of college students suffer from acne.

Good for you kimmyd. Just stick with the program and don't listen to the nay-sayers. I believe that the book that youbought makes a lot of sense (based on what you just wrote), and it will help you.

One tip though. Instead of taking heeps of individual vitamins take spirulina and chlorella. They contain pretty much everything your body needs. Including the B vitamins that you supposedly get only from animal protein.

Curing acne naturally doesn't mean that you have to take tons of supplements. Taking tons of supplements in only little bit better than taking medicines.

You should take supplements to help your body to clear all the toxins inside you. Then let your food be your medicine.

Some people might find it difficult to get clear with diet only, but a proper intestinal cleanse should correct that.

Here are couple of examples of toxins:

- byproducts of regular metabolism (like carbon dioxide)

are you kidding, CO2? it becomes bicarb or it gets expelled

- result of putrefaction and fermentation of food inside your digestive track (why do you think your farts smell? and especially after a night of drinking and junk food)

dumb question/dumb answer

- result of harmful chemicals being broken down inside your digestive track (aspartame for example breaks down to formaldehyde and other not so healthy molecyles)

fair

- chlorine from drinking water

everyone drinks water, whats your point? Would you rather have dirty water? Ok see what diseases you get then.

- fluoride from drinking water

again so? ion levels are regulated by the kidneys, no need for worry.

- chemicals in soaps and shampoos that get absorbed through your skin (if you don't think that your skin is letting anythign through then how do you think that nicotine patches are working)

EVERYONE USES THIS SHIT, WHATS YOUR POINT?

- pestisides and chemical additives in food

blah blah pesticides do more good than harm and same to chemical additives, they dont add it in for nuthin.

All of your points refer to everybody. EVERYBODY doesnt get acne.

Just to mention few. Regarding college students and alcohol drinking. There are many ways liver malfunctions may manifest -acne being one of them. Do you really think that excessive alcohol drinking does nothing to your liver? As far as I understand quite a high percentage of college students suffer from acne.

if you people are sooooooooooooo worried about your liver, dont take tylenol it's worse for your liver.

I so agree with what kimmyd is saying. All these facts are true, and yes, whatever god has put for us here on earth is what we should be consuming, not all these other man-made things. About kefir, I bought a packet of kefir from this website in Australia and made 1 culture. It tasted a little zesty but was pretty refreshing. The sad thing was that I actually didn't get any grains after culturing it with the powder I got.

It's hard to be so healthy with all these flushes and cleanses, especially when your parents are telling you to just be 'natural' and let your body do what it's doing and tell you to avoid all these supplements etc. Some of the flushes and cleanses are difficult because they interfere with daily routine such as going to school etc.

In the last few months i've been binging on a lot of junk food and need to stop, but its just those cravings that keep me at it. My weight is normal (57kg for 15y.o. at 167cm), but I need to work on removing toxins from my body.

One main thing I have cut out mostly is white bread. I nearly always eat whole/multi-grain bread now. Also, those low fat products, especially low fat ice cream, I never eat now, because I found out that there are carcinogens (cancer causing substances) found in them, with the things used to substitute natural dairy fats.

Some supplements I USED TO take but slackened off now included:

- Milk Thistle (helps cleansing the liver)

- Acidophilus Supplement (helps with intestinal health)

- Green Tea - not really a supplement but I use to drink it way more than I do now.

- Multivitamin - Used to take centrum chewables which are absorbed better, but now I take a much much much better multivitamin spray from CellFood, which actually has a formula in it that contains dissolved oxygen and other amino acids and enzymes that help repair our cells and DNA so our bodies function properly and healthy. Check it out at www.luminahealth.com

I never heard before that goat milk would kill off candida - ???

I guess the basic point is just to get EFA's like olive oil, flax seed oil.

Was also surprised at the point about avoiding nuts, especially since they contain EFA's...

Hello everyone,

I am a new member and this is my first posting. I am 27 and am in graduate school to become licensed as a Clinical Psychologist in a few years. I have struggled with acne since I was 16 but it has gotten better over the years. I mostly get whiteheads around my lower chin area and it has resulted in some scarring. So lately I got really fed up. I went to Celibre to get lazer treatment. I went in there, without doing any research and got talked into signing up for 6 treatments for $3200. I had one treatment that day, about 3 days ago, and after reading testimonials on acne.org, I about freaked out and called today to cancel treatment. I could go on and on about why I have decided lazers are a bad idea but it would take too long. Though, I do believe the company is insincere and out to make money. The lady that was oh so nice to me when getting me to sign my contract for treatment was majorly rude to me on the phone today. Not a nice person. I saw the insincerity from the beginning and should have stuck to my instincts. The major thing though is that there is a sheet they give you of what to do and not to do and one of the instructions is to not use aloe vera based products because it interferes with the lazers. Get this! They give you products to use and advice you not to use anything else and the first ingredient they have in their moisturizer is aloe vera! What?

Anyway, so I went online to www.acneyoda.com tonight and found a plethra of information. I had to pay $40 but I'm glad that I did. It took me 4 hours to read all the info and am almost done. In a nutshell, here is what I have found: (there is way more that I haven't included...)

The main reason for acne is that the liver is overloaded and cannot eliminate toxins properly from the body which show up as acne, among other symptoms. Somehow it causes the sebum to become thicker and creates a breading ground for bacteria in the subcutaneous level of the dermis (bare with me-- this is from memory). The following is from notes I took...

Soy is bad and causes increase in estogen levels, throwing off hormones which is the root of acne. Supposedly, when the liver is functioning correctly, therefore able to elimate toxins, and hormones are regulated, acne will disappear.

The author goes on to explain how you have to change your diet, because it is the root of the problem and gives links to find all the suggested supplements. Essentially, you are detoxifying your body so that it is not over-run with toxins which show up as acne.

Hope this helps,

Kim

<SNIP>

"Soy is bad and causes increase in estogen levels, throwing off hormones which is the root of acne. Supposedly, when the liver is functioning correctly, therefore able to elimate toxins, and hormones are regulated, acne will disappear. "

KIM posted the above information. OH GOODNESS thank God for you! As I explained in my last post

I've had total remission of my acne since my last pill in Oct 05, now it's coming back. I'm a vegetarian for the most part....SURE ENOUGH I went to soy burgers, milk and other soy based foods a few months ago.

Are you telling me the soy will throw off my hormones? I just went to the doc last week because my skin was freaking out and she drew a bunch of blood to check for thyroid disease, homone imbalance and god forbid, Lupus. Do you think a soy based diet could do this?

I never heard before that goat milk would kill off candida - ???

I guess the basic point is just to get EFA's like olive oil, flax seed oil.

Was also surprised at the point about avoiding nuts, especially since they contain EFA's...

He said to comsume only a handful of nuts or so a day. I forget why, but peanuts have aflatoxin toxin in them which is totally and utterly a source of acne. I love peaunut M&M's but everytime I eat them, I have a flair up the following day. Kinda sucks... they are so good!

Hello everyone,

Hope this helps,

Kim

<SNIP>

"Soy is bad and causes increase in estogen levels, throwing off hormones which is the root of acne. Supposedly, when the liver is functioning correctly, therefore able to elimate toxins, and hormones are regulated, acne will disappear. "

KIM posted the above information. OH GOODNESS thank God for you! As I explained in my last post

I've had total remission of my acne since my last pill in Oct 05, now it's coming back. I'm a vegetarian for the most part....SURE ENOUGH I went to soy burgers, milk and other soy based foods a few months ago.

Are you telling me the soy will throw off my hormones? I just went to the doc last week because my skin was freaking out and she drew a bunch of blood to check for thyroid disease, homone imbalance and god forbid, Lupus. Do you think a soy based diet could do this?

I totally think that soy is one of the reasons for your problem. No doubt. Also milk on the store shelves, as with all dairy that is cultured and pasteurized is total bad news. It too acts as a poison in our body. It creates a mucus-like paste in our body which is highly acidic. Our body is only properly functioning when we have the right ph which is a balance between acid and alkalizing compounds. Hydogenated oils, soy, and store bought dairy are all high in acidity in addition to being interpretted as toxins to our body. Do an internet search of "soy and estrogen" and I'm sure you will find much needed info. Also there is an alternate to kefer. Leo from acneyoda.com just sent something to my email about it. I will find it and post it. Really

though, to all, you should spend the $40 and have all this important, vital information at your finger tips.

I find it surprising that you are encouraging people to spend $40 on a book whose regime you have yet to properly try and have success with. I do not trust any website which requires you to pay money in order to get information about how to cure acne. If people are looking for advice about diet and acne for free they could try www.acne-advice.com. They sell stuff but there is alot of free info on there as well. Others may also be able to recommend free sites.

Sorry just figured i'd throw in a little reality check!

The main reason for acne is that the liver is overloaded and cannot eliminate toxins properly from the body

-What "Toxins" are you talking about and show me a study where it shows the liver is the culprit, if this is the case everyone who drinks alcohol (college students) should break out like crazy.

-Unpasteurized milk? this sounds like a GOOD idea to you? what the hell? Regenerate bowels? uhhhh you mean like regrow shit or fix shit? what? EFAs are absorbed via the lymphatic system primarily, not your SHIT

-common sense

-in other words " i hope you eat meat". Too bad many here are vegetarians or vegans o well.

-what "toxins?" its an anti-oxidant..as in..vit c can donate a hydrogen and neutralize a free radical while then itself becoming a stable free radical.

-there's plenty of sulfur in our food, outside sulfur donation via MSM and its benefits are contested

-"veggies are GOOD!" Stick with neutral fats such as olive oil and omega 3's

- why not? tell me how the body can tell the difference between a glucose molecule coming from a refined sugar or an "unrefined" one

-WHAT TOXINS?

-No

-No, try agan

Soy is bad and causes increase in estogen levels, throwing off hormones which is the root of acne.

-this sounds okay

Supposedly, when the liver is functioning correctly, therefore able to elimate toxins, and hormones are regulated, acne will disappear.

-duh, except the liver and toxin part

-lots of things regulate prostaglandins, low on the list of regulating toxins are prostaglandins , take yer fish oil and dont worry about pglandins

The author goes on to explain how you have to change your diet, because it is the root of the problem and gives links to find all the suggested supplements.

-there's no real diet-acne connection that's proven YET

Essentially, you are detoxifying your body so that it is not over-run with toxins which show up as acne.

-overrun with toxins, wtf does this mean?

-everyone has acne, tell me how long you lived in another country to notice that they dont have acne? Tell me how much experience you have with people in the past to know they didnt really have as much now?

Hope this helps,

Kim

-You got conned by that site

All I have to say to you is that you think you are smarter than you really are. All the rebuttals you had were not accurate. You want me to "prove" things to you that I am not about to take the time to do... such as showing you that other countries do not have as much acne as we do. This is true for countries that are less industrialized and eat high fiber diets, low sugar, no hydrogenated oils, etc. PERIOD! Take it or leave it. You keep asking what it means to be "over-run with toxins" and then throw up some arguments that doesn't fly because of the fact that you do not understand that TOXINS ARE ANY FORIEGN CHEMICAL OR COMPOUND THAT OUR BODY CANNOT SYNTHESIZE OR BREAK DOWN WHICH CAUSES OUR BODY TO HAVE A REACTION-- EXAMPLE: ACNE, FATTY LIVER SYNDROME, HORMONE IMBALANCE, EXCRETATORY ORGAN/S OVERLOAD, ETC ETC ETC

I have an answer for all of your rebuttals/questions, but that would require me to sit here for at least the next hour or so explaining it all to you, which I do not have the desire to do because of your pessimistic negative attitude. I don't mind providing information for people who believe in the information that I have gathered over the years but I refuse to take my time to argue with you about what I already know to be true but you say is wrong. Also, the information that I read on the site (acneyoda.com) was consistent with information already in my memory bank. I have been reading about health and nutrition since I could first pick up a book and find it very interesting. Therefore, I remember what I read, I understand it, and I desire to help others by passing on the information that I have gained. By the way, perhaps your anger (high testosterone level "imbalance") is the root of your acne. Maybe you need to do a reality check on yourself. Please do not respond to any more of my postings as I desire to cleanse my life from all negativity, which thereby includes YOU...

I find it surprising that you are encouraging people to spend $40 on a book whose regime you have yet to properly try and have success with. I do not trust any website which requires you to pay money in order to get information about how to cure acne. If people are looking for advice about diet and acne for free they could try www.acne-advice.com. They sell stuff but there is alot of free info on there as well. Others may also be able to recommend free sites.

The only reason I am suggesting people buy the book is that it is really informative about the body and how foods interact with the body. He includes up to date research. It's pretty much promoting a healthy diet and what I read is consistent with what I already knew. He proposes eating high fiberous leafy veggies, eliminating starch, refined sugars, genetically altered oils, etc. It's not like I am suggesting people to try a revolutionary scheme that I have no prior information about that could be potentially harmful to people. The author, Leo, promotes eating natural foods, not processed, in which there is insurmountable evidence that processed foods are harmful. Basically, he doesn't just say "soy is bad" or "refined sugar is bad," he follows it up with why it is bad and how our body interacts with it, and how it plays a role in acne. The e-book is merely a slough of information about how to be healthy and how everyday products on our shelves can be harmful. In my opinion, this information would be helpful to all individuals, acne sufferers and non-sufferers alike. And I can make a suggestion in confidence that following his principles of eating organic, unprocessed, natural foods will ultimately restore health in individuals who adhere to such propositions.