Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have really fair/sensitive skin and won't be able to handle the BP on during the day.

I was just wondering if anyone had any success with using the BP just at night time?

I will use a gentle 1 or 2% BHA lotion in the morning in place of the BP, then apply SPF 30.

What are your thoughts? Can this yield clear skin?

CHeers!

I only use BP once a day at nights and find that this is enough for me, however, my acne is only very mild and I imagine it would not be enough for people with anything more than mild acne.

However, I notice from your sig that you are on tane, and it really isn't advised to use BP at all whilst on accutane as you're skin is so sensitive etc., so I would not recommend that you use BP at all- the tane should clear you up on its own :)

I only use BP once a day at nights and find that this is enough for me, however, my acne is only very mild and I imagine it would not be enough for people with anything more than mild acne.

However, I notice from your sig that you are on tane, and it really isn't advised to use BP at all whilst on accutane as you're skin is so sensitive etc., so I would not recommend that you use BP at all- the tane should clear you up on its own :)

Thanks for your feedback.

However, if you read my sig carefully, you will observe I am actually not on Accutane.

i used BP once a day for a while in order to get accustomed to the BP when i first started the regimen. i had moderate acne and it didn't help very much so i ramped up the BP and my skin became irritated (causing more acne).

if your skin can only handle one application of BP for right now, then thats all you should apply. start out slow and use dan's chart to determine how much you increase your dosage week by week. patience is a virtue.

i only used to be on BP once a day for about 7 months after starting the regimen i was on Duac 5% BP at night.

Then for some reason, i began to break more than ever about a month ago, and i switched to 2.5% twice a day.

so to answer your question, i dont know if 2.5% at night will be sufficient, so maybe a 5% will be better.

though you say you have sensitive skin, so it would be an idea to speak to your doctor to see what s/he thinks about it, and they would know best.

or another possibility is 2.5% BP and some antibiotics, but thats a doctor apointment anyway lol

i went to one application of bp a day for a week and i broke out (2spots on my chin)

that doesnt sound like much but i had none for the past 2months sorta thing.

so i gues im tellin u this because once a day can work for some

but if your acne is persistant (ie 1pimple a day +)

then twice a day application is prob best 4u

It certainly is enough for me, once a day is good if your acne is mild. I have about 3 active spots and thats because I missed a day, but its really working doing it once.

My acne used to be moderate. I cleanse twice daily, spot treat in morning after first cleanse if there are any spots at all, and apply all over after second cleanse at night.

i think using bp and bha is not advisable. salicylic acid is an example of a bha and dan strongly suggests that the combination not be used because it makes your skin very sensitive. i experienced extreme sensitivity when using the two. perhaps you should try an aha (such as glycolic or lactic acid) during the day if you dont want to use bp during the day, but i still think bp twice a day is the best way to go. i had to start with only one application a day and slowly work my way up. good luck with whatever you decide!