Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Keithr23

NIC750 for acne and more importantly scars

I went to my derm a few days ago for a checkup to see how my skin was 3 months or so off of accutane. He talked to me about different scars treatments that he heard about at a meeting he had been to the weekend before my appt Anyway he told me about NIC750 or Nicomide I think is what he called it. It is all natural and is supposed to be as effective as accutane when taken with vitamin a supplements to control oil and acne. It is also been shown to promote collagen and a lot of other stuff and make the skin much more even toned and smooth out the scarring from acne. Has anyone heard of this pill before? It is quite new as I dont think a generic is offered yet. My insurance wouldnt cover it since there are vitamins in it and it was like $80 for a months worth. I got a three month prescription and will prob continue at my next appt.

Currently I am taking 50,000 IU of precription vitamin a, the NIC 750, Amoxicillin, and differin gel all mainly for overall skin health from my dermo. The NIC 750 has Nicotinamide 750mg, Zinc oxide 25 mg, Cupric Oxide 1.5mg, and folic acid 500 mcg. Well I just wanted to let everyone who cares know that this product is out on the market. The label says that it is for the treatment of acne, rosacea or any other inflammatory skin disorders. It is also not given to pregnant or nursing women.

Well I just looked nicomide up on google and it is marketed for the treatment of acne rosacia and photo damage to teh skin. The company that makes it (dusa pharmaceuticals) also makes several skin lasers and have a few scheduled for reease soon for acne and scar treatments.

I just went to the derm for the first time yesterday and he prescribed this stuff to me... I hope this stuff does the trick.

EDIT: I was also prescribed DUAC Gel for mornings and Differin .3% for night time use.

good luck to you, patgman123.. :D I sure would have liked to know if NIC750 helped out keith with his scars, but he hasn't been seen since March. '

Interesting :think: and hopefully it's a good sign.

Please keep us posted on your progress with NIC750.

ok, well....

Week1: NO new acne whatsoever

Week2: 2 new pimples, gone within 2 days

Week3: 4 new pimples, gone within 2 days

Week4: 1 new pimple, gone within 3 days

Overall Scar Appearence: Reduced about 50%

Going for a second visit to my dermatologist to see wheather or not he still thinks i might need a low does of accutane.

Are the scars actually filling in? That would be a wonder drug! I have used the nicomide cream and it was gentle and helped inflammation. Are there any side effect to the pill? Thanks

I went to my derm a few days ago for a checkup to see how my skin was 3 months or so off of accutane. He talked to me about different scars treatments that he heard about at a meeting he had been to the weekend before my appt Anyway he told me about NIC750 or Nicomide I think is what he called it. It is all natural and is supposed to be as effective as accutane when taken with vitamin a supplements to control oil and acne. It is also been shown to promote collagen and a lot of other stuff and make the skin much more even toned and smooth out the scarring from acne. Has anyone heard of this pill before? It is quite new as I dont think a generic is offered yet. My insurance wouldnt cover it since there are vitamins in it and it was like $80 for a months worth. I got a three month prescription and will prob continue at my next appt.

Currently I am taking 50,000 IU of precription vitamin a, the NIC 750, Amoxicillin, and differin gel all mainly for overall skin health from my dermo. The NIC 750 has Nicotinamide 750mg, Zinc oxide 25 mg, Cupric Oxide 1.5mg, and folic acid 500 mcg. Well I just wanted to let everyone who cares know that this product is out on the market. The label says that it is for the treatment of acne, rosacea or any other inflammatory skin disorders. It is also not given to pregnant or nursing women.

Well I just looked nicomide up on google and it is marketed for the treatment of acne rosacia and photo damage to teh skin. The company that makes it (dusa pharmaceuticals) also makes several skin lasers and have a few scheduled for reease soon for acne and scar treatments.

Are the scars actually filling in? That would be a wonder drug! I have used the nicomide cream and it was gentle and helped inflammation. Are there any side effect to the pill? Thanks

Hi Anna:

I have been reading Keith's posts for a long while (all of them) and have talked to him and seen pictures of his treatment progress. His skin was never really that bad to begin with, but it is almost perfect skin now with the Acne Fade Scar kit from CVS (20.00) and the Differein and the Nicomide as well as the Vitamin A. His skin is great now so I beleive him fully and he has close up high res photos as proof.

Zim

Ok, so after about 2 months, i went to the dermatologist for the second time, and....

- He says I have pretty much "cured" my acne

- Every mark on my face will fade in about a year

- I am probably one of the very few people to have this method work so well

- He was VERY surprised with the results

Oh, and btw - I haven't had regular hormone treated milk in 2 months as well.

I say GO FOR IT! If in 6 weeks your skin hasn't improved then you should probably go with a low dosage of accutane.

Over the last 2 months I have found:

- A HUGE confidence boost!

- I now have a girlfriend

- I can look people in the eye

- I don't touch my face

- I don't think about my face

- I am more comfortable with talking about acne w/ friends and family

- My friend who has almost flawless skin has more acne than I do!!!!

- If you don't have health insurance....then you're pretty much screwed.

- In combination of prices of: Duac, Differin, and NIC750 it can cost over $400

- I pay about $21 w/ health insurance

- Good luck to all!

~ Best Wishes

Patrick Guimarais