Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So far I am loving my new dermatologist, he is wonderful, and as are the nurses in his office. Not only did he prescribe me accutane, but his nurses went out of their way for me to persuade my insurance company to cover micro-dermabrasions. And guess what? They're going to do it. All I have to do is pay my $30 copay. Ok, so I haven't started accutane yet, and won't be able to for a while thanks to IPLEDGE, so I have my first microdermabrasion scheduled for tomorrow.

The only thing i'm concerned about, is a-kon is this weekend (an anime convention i've been going to for the past five years) and I don't want to look bad when I go, as i'll be seeing a bunch of old friends. Is it possible the microdermabrasion will make my skin look worse before I go? Has anyone here had one done before? Thanks so much for any help.

Hi, I know that this is probably too late as you will probably had it done, but seeing that it is an anime convention that you are going, you can always go as

IPB Image

cosplay ftw!

i have no experience with microdermabrasion, but my bestfriend has it done regularly and she has only had small very manageable breakouts as a result of microdermabrasion. so hopefully it will be nnothing to worry about?

Hi, I know that this is probably too late as you will probably had it done, but seeing that it is an anime convention that you are going, you can always go as

IPB Image

cosplay ftw!

Hahaha, Shishio! I didn't go through with it actually .. and I won't be cosplaying this year either.

Microdermabrasion irritated my skin horribly and i hade a terrible breakout on my cheeks because of it.. i would do chemical peels but micros are more for older people that want to get rid of wrinkles.