Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ilovelife

bad head headaches from minocyclen..help!

Does anybody here experience really bad headaches while on minocyclen??? it hurts like someones constantly pounding my head! Ive been taking the med for almost 3 weeks now and the headache doesnt seem to go away...should I stop taking it? This is really worrying me because although it seems to be clearing me up...Im afraid that if I decided to take accutane in the near future that i wont be able to tolerate its side effects! any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks!

antibotics can cause psuedotumor cerebri..........the constant headache your having....its very serious and you should tell your doctor and stop taking the antibotics immediatly. psuedotumor cerebri causes blindness

Mino made me so sick at my stomach..now i'm taking doxy and i have no problems...just talk to your derm

:whistle:

You have to be careful when it comes to headaches. Minocyclen can cause Psuedotumor Cerebri which is something you don't want. I ended up in the emergency area of the hospital a few times with excruciating headpain while I was on Tetracycline and was convinced it was Pseudotumor but luckily it was soemthing else that I could fix. Accutane, Tetracycline, Minocycline, Doxycycline, i've taken all four and all four can cause Pseudotumor especially if you take them close to each other. How's your vision?

Does anybody here experience really bad headaches while on minocyclen??? it hurts like someones constantly pounding my head! Ive been taking the med for almost 3 weeks now and the headache doesnt seem to go away...should I stop taking it? This is really worrying me because although it seems to be clearing me up...Im afraid that if I decided to take accutane in the near future that i wont be able to tolerate its side effects! any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Could be an allergic reaction. Quit taking it and call your doctor.

Asking a medical professional for medical advice is a million times better than coming here for medical advice.