Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys,

This doesnt have anything to do with acne really but you guys are always great with advice so i thought i'd ask. I'm going for my licence tomorrow and i am really, really nervous. I have really wanted this for so long and think that i'm good enough to get it, but i think my nerves are gonna get in the way. Anyone got any advice for how they got over the nerves for their driving test?

Thanks!!!

Rainbow :)

Breath. Don't panic. And remember you can always re-take the test if you need to! (I was 20 when I got my liscense, and it took two tries!)

And congrats and good luck!

Just relax and you will do fine... they aren't nearly as observant as you might think. While I was out on my driving test I was so self-concious that I thought that I had messed it up for sure... I had made a couple of minor errors... I had my turn signal on while waiting at a light and I ended up turning the wheel a bit and the turn signal clicked off and I didn't bother to turn it back on, plus I was kind of far away from the curb on my parrallel parking. I figured that I would be taking the test again so I didn't care anymore... on my way back to the DMV office I didn't make a complete stop at a stop sign and I went a little over the speed limit. The guy was writing in his book half the time and it was like he didn't even notice... and I ended up getting my licence the first time. So I'm sure you will do okay! :angel: Good Luck!

Its all good, I failed it the first time and passed with a 39 (i think) the second to pass.

just do everything right, thats wat i did. i think im the only person on the planet who passed the first time. (it was barely though)

Just try and forget the marker is there. I passed the first time somehow, and I totally had thought I failed because the guy was writing the whole time. I even got demerits for going to slow at one point! HAHA! :lol: Soo lame. Have you taken any lessons at all, like paid ones?

Here's some advice:

Let the clutch go at around 6000 rpm when you start. Don't use the clutch when changing to 2->3 gear etc. If you see a green turn to red it's only light red for another 10 seconds, floor it. Don't let anyone overtake you.

Just try and forget the marker is there.

i failed the first time and it really sucked but if u do fail u know exactly wt to work on and know really wt to expect to from it... so don't worry at all because first time is always hard

just do everything right, thats wat i did. i think im the only person on the planet who passed the first time. (it was barely though)

I passed my first time too! :P

My advice would just be try to relax as much as you can, when your'e relaxed you will probably be more likely to do things right :)

Guest money_mike

Here's some advice:

Let the clutch go at around 6000 rpm when you start. Don't use the clutch when changing to 2->3 gear etc. If you see a green turn to red it's only light red for another 10 seconds, floor it. Don't let anyone overtake you.

If the car has PAS then you are allowed to steer with one hand.

oh and the handbrake can be used around tight corners.

Just be POSITIVE! that's the best thing to do and be confident, I hate a mate who had around 40 hours of lessons and he still managed to fail because he was so negative and unconfident. I had 15 hours and whet into my test feeling super confident and positive and I passed, so it goes to show.

Here's some advice:

If the car has PAS then you are allowed to steer with one hand.

oh and the handbrake can be used around tight corners.

Just be POSITIVE! that's the best thing to do and be confident, I hate a mate who had around 40 hours of lessons and he still managed to fail because he was so negative and unconfident. I had 15 hours and whet into my test feeling super confident and positive and I passed, so it goes to show.

Hi guys!

I passed!!!! Thanks so much for all your advice - i just went in there and tried really hard not to be nervous - even though i still was. Your right about them not paying that much attention, there were a few things that i KNOW i did wrong and the marker didn't say anything about them... but who cares cause i PASSED!!

Thanks so much again !

Thats why America's roadways are freakin deathtraps. If you have 4 limbs and the patience to stand in line for the damn test, you'll most likely pass. In reality it has little to no reflection upon your actual deftness at operating a 2000 pound metal monstrosity.

Thats why America's roadways are freakin deathtraps. If you have 4 limbs and the patience to stand in line for the damn test, you'll most likely pass. In reality it has little to no reflection upon your actual deftness at operating a 2000 pound metal monstrosity.

errr... calm down and actually, i live in the land of Oz, not America....

Hi guys!

I passed!!!! Thanks so much for all your advice - i just went in there and tried really hard not to be nervous - even though i still was. Your right about them not paying that much attention, there were a few things that i KNOW i did wrong and the marker didn't say anything about them... but who cares cause i PASSED!!

Thanks so much again !