Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Apple_Blossem

I cured my acne after ten years - Vitamin b5

It works -- I take eight grams (not miligrams) of vitamin b5 every day along with a B multi-vitamin. My oiliness stopped after three days and because my pores unclogged...the infections stopped too.

You can search for this "cure" on this site. It has worked for a year ... it has no side effects and is water soluable. :)

8 grams? That's not safe, is it? I am also going to try this vitamin B5, but 750mg a day to start. Any suggestions on other acne med?

don't think it will have side effects 5 or 10 years from now? People seriously need to find a healthier way to get rid of acne.

It works -- I take eight grams (not miligrams) of vitamin b5 every day along with a B multi-vitamin. My oiliness stopped after three days and because my pores unclogged...the infections stopped too.

You can search for this "cure" on this site. It has worked for a year ... it has no side effects and is water soluable. :)

You're right, Apple Blossem, it does work! I am over 50, have had moderate to severe acne since age 15. I have been on antibiotics most of the time since then. Thanks to this forum I went onto Vitamin B5 10g per day on May 5 this year. In the first week had an outbreak on the chin area - since that cleared up my face, back and chest have been almost completely clear of pimples!

I have taken no antibiotics since May 5 and have been eating the same mixture of good and bad foods that I usually do. the oiliness of my skin has GREATLY decreased and I am going to stay on 10g per day for 3 months just as recommended.

I was resigned to being on antibiotics for the rest of my life until I saw all the stuff on B5 - needless to say, I am ecstatic!

There is a supplier on Ebay who sells the powder in Australia at a really good price.

There is a supplier on Ebay who sells the powder in Australia at a really good price.

bulk nutrition sells it for cheat

www.bulknutrition.com

search for pantothenic acid powder

How long do you have to keep taking the B5 for acne to stay away?

Hey everyone,

Well i guess i am not an adult (20 yr old male), but i just started to do the b5 regimen. Actually i do a lot of other things as well as that but thats besides the point. I have been taking 10 pills a day, and i will do that for one more day and from there i will increase to 20 pills a day. Thats what it says to do on the bottle, and pamphlet. But like most of you i am concerned about the amount of this stuff we are actually taking. Vilantae (name of company) says that the only side effects are loosening of the stool, and maybe a headache once in a while. But i am still pessimistic about taking this much of a certain vitamin. But any way i am on my fourth day and i am getting a bunch of white heads and i read that someone else broke out pretty bad and than it went a way, also it states that on the pamphlet that some people break out the first week or two and than it subsides and you complexion starts to clear. So hopefully that happens with me. So i was just wondering what some of your guys side effects were if any. Also i don't have really oily skin but that is how acne forms is the excess sebum coming out so obviously i have too much oil. So also i was wondering if anyone has had good success with this even though they didn't have really oily skin but moderate acne. Thanks, and hopefully this works becuase i am transfering to a new school next year and i would love to get rid of this disease. Thanks.

I tried B5 twice in a period of 2 years and even after using it for months, I saw no reduction in acne or oil. I don't know why I didn't get results. I did exactly what it said to do. yet I had no luck.

i think B5 cleared my acne.... my skin was perfect but i was tired all the time... kinda like glandular fever... and i think it was the B5 cause wen i stopped i was fine... anyone else have this experience ??

i think B5 cleared my acne.... my skin was perfect but i was tired all the time... kinda like glandular fever... and i think it was the B5 cause wen i stopped i was fine... anyone else have this experience ??

Yes, I experienced this tiredness you mentioned and I think a lot of other people do as well; although, they may not explicitly make the connection. Just try another brand. The problem is most of the acne remedies out there at the moment will probably make you tired to a degree, even a lot of the herbal cures like Saw Palmetto.

I tried B5 twice in a period of 2 years and even after using it for months, I saw no reduction in acne or oil. I don't know why I didn't get results. I did exactly what it said to do. yet I had no luck.

just because bad absorption of vitamins. Try to get also Vit C-500 mg and IRON. In addition eat lots of food rich in vitamins B, and wait for the results.

ps. 4.5 gram of Vitamin B5 per day is enough.

i think i was takin somewhere between 2.5g and 3g daily and i was getting great results was amazing... but i only had mild-moderate acne... so for mild-moderate acne sufferers i advise only taking 3g ... thats my opinion anyway... :D

AlKaMiMe

I'm on B5 and have been for just over a month now.

I'm getting breakouts and then it clears for a week or so and then another breakout but I'm sticking with it as I've been told it has to get worse before it gets better.

I'm on B5 and have been for just over a month now.

I'm getting breakouts and then it clears for a week or so and then another breakout but I'm sticking with it as I've been told it has to get worse before it gets better.

I think B5 works different for each person. For example I'm on B5 too (4,5G/day). After week I've noticed my back "lost" sebum, and going to clean... anyway my face is still oily. I think I'll increase the dosage.

I started to take also VIT C, and B complex.

hi,

ive been on nature's rememdy uk supplied b5 pills nearly 3 months. not really done anything for me. should i change brand? how do i know what brand is the best anyway? can any uk members suggest some please?

tim

B5 has worked well for me although it isnt a permanent cure, as I still get acne, but it has greatly reduce the amount.I have been taking 10 grams/day of Pantothenic Acid for the last 5 months, and have since dropped the dosage to 8 grams a day.Like I stated before, I still get acne, but it has reduced the amount of oil on my face, which has contributed to the reduction of acne.Its an alternative to accutane, with less side effects.

Fast Reply

B5 has worked well for me although it isnt a permanent cure, as I still get acne, but it has greatly reduce the amount.I have been taking 10 grams/day of Pantothenic Acid for the last 5 months, and have since dropped the dosage to 8 grams a day.Like I stated before, I still get acne, but it has reduced the amount of oil on my face, which has contributed to the reduction of acne.Its an alternative to accutane, with less side effects.

Fast Reply

except accutane in the long run gets rid of acne better...

oh yea sounds good... hey Ravenblack wat brand did u use wit B5 ???

Sorry, I forgot all about this thread. I used to use "Acnerid," but I'm not sure if they still make it. Every time I visit the site they seem to be out of stock. I've used the "Vitacost" website brand and that is fine.

Fast Reply

Not neccessarily, like B5, Accutane is NOT a permanent cure for acne.A small percentage of the people who have taken Accutane in the past had to go on a second or third course.Plus, the side affects of Accutance are much more severe and consequential than B5; some of which may include:

Abnormal hair growth or loss, allergic reaction, bleeding gums, blood in urine, bowel inflammation and pain, bruising, changes in blood sugar or cholesterol levels, changes in skin pigmentation, chest pain, decreased night vision, decreased tolerance to contact lenses, delay in wound healing, depression, difficulty sleeping, dizziness, drowsiness, dry or fragile skin, dry or cracked lips, dry mouth, dry nose, fatigue, flushing, headache, hearing problems, heartbeat irregularities, herpes, inflammation or sores in the esophagus, itching, joint pain, liver disorders, menstrual changes, muscle wasting, nail disorders, nausea, nervousness, nosebleeds, peeling palms or soles, pinkeye, rash, skin infections, stomach and intestinal discomfort, stroke, sudden drop in blood pressure (causing unconsciousness), sunburn-sensitive skin, suppression of growth, sweating, swelling due to fluid retention, tendon and ligament problems, urinary discomfort, vision problems, vomiting, weakness, weight loss.

An overdosage of Accutane, like overdosage of vitamin A, can cause:

Abdominal pain, dizziness, dry or cracked lips, facial flushing, incoordination and clumsiness, headache, vomiting

I just wanted to know what brand of b5 is the best? I am currently taking b5 the GNC brand but i heard that it is not the best quality out there. what brand do you guys think is the best?

thank you,

Eve.

Fast Reply

Not neccessarily, like B5, Accutane is NOT a permanent cure for acne.A small percentage of the people who have taken Accutane in the past had to go on a second or third course.Plus, the side affects of Accutance are much more severe and consequential than B5; some of which may include:

Abnormal hair growth or loss, allergic reaction, bleeding gums, blood in urine, bowel inflammation and pain, bruising, changes in blood sugar or cholesterol levels, changes in skin pigmentation, chest pain, decreased night vision, decreased tolerance to contact lenses, delay in wound healing, depression, difficulty sleeping, dizziness, drowsiness, dry or fragile skin, dry or cracked lips, dry mouth, dry nose, fatigue, flushing, headache, hearing problems, heartbeat irregularities, herpes, inflammation or sores in the esophagus, itching, joint pain, liver disorders, menstrual changes, muscle wasting, nail disorders, nausea, nervousness, nosebleeds, peeling palms or soles, pinkeye, rash, skin infections, stomach and intestinal discomfort, stroke, sudden drop in blood pressure (causing unconsciousness), sunburn-sensitive skin, suppression of growth, sweating, swelling due to fluid retention, tendon and ligament problems, urinary discomfort, vision problems, vomiting, weakness, weight loss.

An overdosage of Accutane, like overdosage of vitamin A, can cause:

Abdominal pain, dizziness, dry or cracked lips, facial flushing, incoordination and clumsiness, headache, vomiting

Accutane is more of a tried and tested remedy than B5. Yes it hs numerous side effects, many of which are serious. However, at least we know what these side effects are. B5 hasn't gone through the same vigorous testing process and I for one am not willing to rely on the 'assurances' given by companies making this stuff that it is safe when taking in such large quantities over a long period of time and under no medical supervision (unlike Accutane).