Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
S2000

expose to the sun after tane.. help !

So i'm off of tane for about 21 days now, how long after tane can i get exposed to the sun without getting burn !!

Thanks for the answer !! But i trust the peope who took and experienced tane more than the derm !!

Hey KingWay, i took 60mg/day for 6 months and it worked great, my skin is very soft now !! Hope it lasts !!

Hey, im happy for ya. Im on 20 mgs at the moment, but i'll soon increase. But already even on this low dosage my skin is super dry, did you have dry skin on tane? and if so, do you still have dry skin even after your course?. thanx.

Yea , i believe everyone should experience dry skin and lips. My skin is not dry now, it's "normal" like normal people but the sides of my nose are getting oily again but everything is still great !! Good luck with your accutane course !!

They say you should wait at least 3-4 months after tane. I just got off it for 3 weeks also ( i was on 90 mgs for 7 months.. skin still sucks but, oh well).. And I went in the sun quite a bit without SPF, didn't get burned, but only went like 30 mins/day while walking home from school, etc..

I wouldn't push my luck tho, get some SPF.

Jeez, everyone here has the most generous derms, everyone has such high doses, im only on 20 mgs and lots of people here are on 60-90 and its not as if mine is mild as you can see from my album. Im def going to ask my derm to increase. Nice to see the dryness goes away after the course tho, im hating this flakey shit.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I think I remember Carys saying after 3 months she's still sensitive to the sun.

I think I remember Carys saying after 3 months she's still sensitive to the sun.

Yep, that was true. However, after slowly exposing myself to sunlight, my skin has completely adapted to it. I no longer get the weird rashes and have a tiny bit of a tan. I don't recommend just going out and subjecting yourself to massive amounts of sun, but if you go outside for a little bit at a time, you should be fine. Don't get pink, though. That's never a good idea.