Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
simpsin

black head -> white head

What causes a black head to turn into a white head? I had three black heads right next to each other. One night, one of the emerged as a pimple. The next night, the next one did. And the third night, the final one did. 3 pimples all right next to one another ... not fun. Could it be that fact that I popping the previous pimples somehow caused the next one to emerge? Too much irritation in the area or some of the liquid goo shit?

What causes a black head to turn into a white head? I had three black heads right next to each other. One night, one of the emerged as a pimple. The next night, the next one did. And the third night, the final one did. 3 pimples all right next to one another ... not fun. Could it be that fact that I popping the previous pimples somehow caused the next one to emerge? Too much irritation in the area or some of the liquid goo shit?

Yeah, as far as I know, when you squeeze a pimple there's a risk that the 'goo' will spread out onto the adjacent pores beneath the outside surface of the skin.

When you squeeze a blackhead, the blackheads surrounding it receives the pressure, thereby causing it to be ripe prematurely. Thus developing into acne.

You have three only - its alrite. I have countless - more than 50 blackheads and acne. So dont be panic

I find it best to leave my blackheads alone unless they are at the point where i could get very sharp tweezers around them and carefully pull it out of my skin. If you try to get them out and push them in a little it can turn into an annoying whitehead. Blackheads arent very noticeable as they dont normally cause any redness or inflammation so i tend to leave them alone until they are at "pulling point".

A blackhead is formed b/c the bacteria is in contact with the oxygen in the air. This is different from a whitehead where the bacteria is trapped underneath the skin and is not in contact with oxygen. Do your best not to push it underneath the skin at all or you could turn an unnoticable blackhead into an inflammed whitehead.

A blackhead is formed b/c the bacteria is in contact with the oxygen in the air. This is different from a whitehead where the bacteria is trapped underneath the skin and is not in contact with oxygen.

Blackheads and whiteheads do not involve bacteria; you are confusing bacteria with sebum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackhead

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/article....EFER=SKIN&ID=71

However, blackheads and whiteheads can become infected (red and inflamed), at which point they do involve bacteria. Attempting to pick or pop these blackheads and whiteheads can introduce them to bacteria, thus causing them to become infected. Also, popping inflamed lesions can spread the bacteria over the face.