Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Green_Vegetable_Man

Overeating technology to reduce scarring

You have way too much time on your hands........ :lol:

LabGirl

I have decided to make time. You see we can only cure acne without stress.

I have worked hard in the past an now I can afford some time for relaxation.

The most important factors to improve acne.

Relaxation - reduce stress

Sleep well

Exercise

Eat healthy balanced meals with some vitamin supplementation.

Avoid known allergens-wheat, soy, etc.

You have way too much time on your hands........ :lol:

LabGirl

I have decided to make time. You see we can only cure acne without stress.

I have worked hard in the past an now I can afford some time for relaxation.

The most important factors to improve acne.

Relaxation - reduce stress

Sleep well

Exercise

Eat healthy balanced meals with some vitamin supplementation.

Avoid known allergens-wheat, soy, etc.

I really thought you were kidding hun.........

I will never be able to afford to relax......I live in New Jersey........

I do sleep well....8 hours a night

I'm a total gymrat, 16% body fat, resting heart rate below 60, and I can squat twice my own body weight.

I do eat healthy (very healthy)....makes only a slight difference in my skin

I have no food allergies except for cinnamon

I really thought you were kidding hun.........

I will never be able to afford to relax......I live in New Jersey........

I do sleep well....8 hours a night

I'm a total gymrat, 16% body fat, resting heart rate below 60, and I can squat twice my own body weight.

I do eat healthy (very healthy)....makes only a slight difference in my skin

I have no food allergies except for cinnamon

You are always posting messages about your high intensity exercise and very low body fat levels. Does this give you some sense of pride? Working out to extremes might feel exhilarating, but this might actually be adding to your stress. I've noticed that women who work out to extremes are very high strung and almost hyper. I don't know if the extreme exercise caused this or if they were like that to begin with. I know from experience that when I work out very intensely my face becomes red and I break out with some inflammation. I now do hatha yoga which gives me a workout without giving me inflammation symptoms. You must really ask yourself why you keep your body fat so low. Many young girls from troubled backgrounds can have eating disorders or related disorders. I'm not saying this is true for you, but it might be a possibility.

You are always posting messages about your high intensity exercise and very low body fat levels. Does this give you some sense of pride? Working out to extremes might feel exhilarating, but this might actually be adding to your stress. I've noticed that women who work out to extremes are very high strung and almost hyper. I don't know if the extreme exercise caused this or if they were like that to begin with. I know from experience that when I work out very intensely my face becomes red and I break out with some inflammation. I now do hatha yoga which gives me a workout without giving me inflammation symptoms. You must really ask yourself why you keep your body fat so low. Many young girls from troubled backgrounds can have eating disorders or related disorders. I'm not saying this is true for you, but it might be a possibility.

No eating disorder here. I'm not an exercise buliemic either. I'm actually a very heathy weight for my height (4'11" and 110lbs). That's actually on the heavy side. I don't work out that intesely. I do moderatre cardio 3-5 times a week (less when I'm trying to plump up). I stregnth train, and I lift light and heavy, but I'm not stressing my body much. I don't over do it. I've been working out for about 8 years, I've only had acne for 5....and for 4 of those years it was mild or almost non-existant..........My body fat is low because of the amount of lean muscle I have. I actually prefer it to be above 18%. I wasn't paying attention, and I wasn't eating enough....and it got lower than I like. It's not so low that I've stopped getting peroids. I'm still like clockwork.... But I'm plumping up a little and cutting down on my cardio anyway.....Having a resting heart rate below 60 now reduces my chances of heart disease and diabeties later in life.... Excercise can actually help to reduce stress. It causes the release of endorphins..........

I also do Pilates, and I'm thinking of trying out yoga to improve my balance and flexability.........

Exercise is just a part of my normal day. I'm at the gym about 5-6 times a weeks, taking a class, or doing cardio. I lift only 2-3 times a week for now, and once I start Accutane I'll reduce the weights or omit them all together, and the reduce intensity of my cardio.....and focus on things like Pilates and maybe Yoga........

I don't work out any more then a normal person my age does........I'm only in the shape I'm in because I've been doing on and off this since I was 15 and continously since I was 18 (I'm 24). This is where my stregnth and endurance come from, not because I overtrain....I've just been working out for a long time. I'm one of any number to 20-something and 30-something women at my gym........So far only 2 of us have adult acne.....Actually seeing adults with acne is kinda rare at my gym......

Dont fuck with labgirl!

Dont fuck with labgirl!

It's rumored that she can swing a potentially deadly baseball bat too........ :lol:

Dont fuck with labgirl!

It's rumored that she can swing a potentially deadly baseball bat too........ :lol:

Ok i havent said anything before but im getting sick and tired of it. You always mention you squat twice your bodyweight which is around 110 pounds as yo say yourself. You fit within the powerlifting female weight class 107-114 pounds. Most of the top female athletes in colleges only squat about as much as you do or 30-50 pounds more than you (and they train with top coaches , they aren't just "gym rats"). Some of the world record holders in that female category do about 100-200 pounds more than you (keep in mind these are world record holders and they're in they're 30+ age group because they've been training forever and using anabolics in the process) You're telling me you do as much as trained college atheletes with coaches at LESS bodyfat than they are (didn't you know less bodyfat is NOT good thing when it comes to putting up better numbers?) I call TOTAL BS. It is laughable to think that i would only be within 100-200 pounds of the world record squatters in my category but Labgirl is in her category! Oh yea and she squats as much as all those athletes with full time coaches in college, no problem! i doubt you go to parallel on your squats anyway, probably have bad form. So quit posting your fake stats, someone who knows a shit or two about it can see the BS in it.