Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lucinda

Lucinda's Road of No Return, Tane Log

So...I just has a private appointment to see the Derm (cashing in at £120 for 30mins)…

He took one look at my long my meds-history and one look at my face (had a MASSIVE breakout yesterday) and he immediately wrote me a prescription for Roaccutane! :shock:

He didn't want blood tests, and seeing as I’m not sexually active (just come out of a long term relationship and do NOT plan on embarking on another for a good while) he said I wouldn’t need to do the 'Pregnancy Prevention Plan' - whatever that is.

I really had no intention of going on tane when I woke up this morning… but it's the only option left. And I’ve just paid £250 for the first two months of the course, so I'm really on a one-way street right now... and there’s no turning back. I’m SO nervous though.

Wish me luck please everyone :pray:

I'll update and post pictures in due course.

Lucinda xxx

Ps: I'm going to start taking tane tonight after I've waxed all my legs. hehe.

I've read somewhere that you shouldnt wax while on tane, so I'm going to make sure I'm 100% smooth before starting :D

That was quick!!! I am quite surprised they didn't take bloods and all that. I thought that was a requirement? Whereabouts do yu live? I had my appointment today and she said she wanted to put me on roaccutane, but i said I wasn't sure, so she has given me some time to think about it. I know it will prob get rid of my acne, but i am worried about the side effects.

I hope it goes well for you. Will you let me know how it goes, if you have any side effects and all that?

:D

Oh course I will Vik!! Keep checking on here and I'll let you know how it goes :)

I too am worried about the side effects... :( But this is how I see it... if simply suffering from acne is having such a negative effect on my life then surely its worth the risk?:think:

.... Plus, I've paid for it now so I don't have much choice!! hehe.

Let me know what you decide to do aswell Vik :)

Lu x

Hey ya. Good luck with the accutane. I went private too. Its a lot of money but i'm so pleased I did as it means you can harass your derm as much as you want when you are paying him. I love having the control.lol. Yeah and my derm wasn't that bothered about bloods either.

Oh course I will Vik!! Keep checking on here and I'll let you know how it goes :)

I too am worried about the side effects... :( But this is how I see it... if simply suffering from acne is having such a negative effect on my life then surely its worth the risk?:think:

.... Plus, I've paid for it now so I don't have much choice!! hehe.

Let me know what you decide to do aswell Vik :)

Lu x

I hope your side effects are not too bad. Good luck with the first dosage. They say you notice the difference in oil production almost straight away.

I will let you know what I decide. Take care.

Vik x

Good luck on your meds! I can't believe you don't have to get blood work. I have to go durning my lunch break for my Blood/Pregnancy test. I'm sooooo hungry, I'm counting down the seconds until I can eat! I guess the system is a lot different over there.

(thanks soozicee :), good luck to you to!)

Okay, so I'm sitting in the office right now.... bored out of my mind... and worrying more and more about taking roaccutane... What if it makes me 10X worse!?!? I am 100% scared now...

lol, I know, I know..I worry too much :wall:

Also - I have just realised that I am starting this stuff on the 6.6.06!! typical :rolleyes: .... :lol:

Thanks Firegurl :wub:

Yeah, I spend far to much time in that blasted lounge. But its nice to see a famlier face here!! hehe.

I am DREADING the IB. Heres hoping the I'm lucky and it's not too severe. After all, with the devil on my side(6/6/6) I cant go wrong right? .... right??!? lol

Argh!! Just took my first pill. lol. Not really worth an update I know... but to me it's a big thing... I've been sitting staring at the Tane box for ages feeling to scared to take it.

But I finally have done :) (thanks to Posh :) )

So.... this is where it starts.....

I'll update tomorrow. hehe

:dance:

Hey good luck for your course!! ;)

And don't worry too much. Right, maybe your skin will get a bit worse the first weeks(hopefully not ;) ) but in the end it will be 1000x times better. Try to focus on the goal! Beautiful clear skin awaits you girl!

Take care!

cj

Thanks Cj for the words of wisdom. :)

Like everyone else I hope I miss out on the IB.. but I dunno... only time will tell! I'm going to my cousins wedding in the Carribean in a month so I really hope I don't look too awful for that. My carribean family aren't known for being tactful about skin problems :(

Lu.

I'm going to my cousins wedding in the Carribean in a month so I really hope I don't look too awful for that. My carribean family aren't known for being tactful about skin problems :(

Gotta love it when family members make random comments about your face... So annoying and embarrassing. One of my friends asks me every now and then why my face is "redder than usual." I never know how to respond to that

good luck, i finshed tane about 6 months ago and its after effects are still working strong.

ive only had 2 tiny tiny spots in that time after my last pill, and after a quick zap of BP they die. so all is good.

scars slowly fading too.

Gotta love it when family members make random comments about your face... So annoying and embarrassing. One of my friends asks me every now and then why my face is "redder than usual." I never know how to respond to that

Uhuh don't I know it!

Last time I went with acne they all crowded round and asked questions like..

"so do you wash your face at all?" :wall:

"you should stop eating chocolate"

"whats all this on your face"

grrrrr :box:

Gotta love em though.. I guess... :rolleyes:

Lucinda your face looks amazing in the pictures, didn't look like you needed Tane at all (Complement).

Even so, I'm sure you'll be more beautiful 10 fold after your course, good luck!

good luck on your journey!!!

i've been on it for 2 weeks, and i am loving not being so oily! it's awesome!

Thanks guys!!

Yeah, my skin looks okay in the recent pic (see gallery) but I broke out really bad the day after lol. And I have tried everything to control my acne but it has a mind of it own so my derm reckons Tane is my last resort.

Day one

Obviously it's too early to tell anything for sure - but so far no new developments.

Acnelooks the same as yesterday.

Lipsfeel a little dry - but I don't know if that is due to tane or my over-anxious licking-of-lips.

Moisturised well this morning - I am determined to keep dry skin at bay - I suffer from it anyway so I have all the right creams etc right here :)

Eyesfeel a little dry - probably due to lack or sleep rather than tane.

Come on tane... bring it on.... :box:

I'm so excited for you! I'm going to follow your progress all the way through. I hope you don't get any side effects and I hope you don't have a severe IB. Good luck! :D

I'm so excited for you! I'm going to follow your progress all the way through. I hope you don't get any side effects and I hope you don't have a severe IB. Good luck! :D

Thanks Vik :wub:

I'm so nervous about the looming IB. I'll keep ya updated!

Lu x

Good Luck!! :) i hope you dont suffer too much with side effects and the dreaded IB!!

Its amazing you came out of your appt with your prescription just like that - no bloods no bcp and no pregnancy test.... and you got 30 minutes for £120.00 - i got 10 minutes for £100 lol i feel cheated! hehe good luck!!

Wow, one day. YAY! You're starting your journey. It should be a few days till about a week when you'll see some changes. I have always had dry skin also. Never had oily. But if you are like me your skin will be a lil' oily for a couple days then dry out like crazy. Good luck! :D

Okay thanks FGurl. I'm moisturing my arms and legs like crazy today - hehe. They get dry on a NORMAL day, so i'm hoping overdoing the moisture will help combat tanes drying effect.

A few days to a week ey? I'm SO nervous. Did you get a bad IB Fgurl?

Whoop whoop! Good luck with everything. I hope you don't go through the IB, but in case you do, I just want you to know that mine only lasted about a week and a half (felt like eternity though) and now I only have 3 very small actives and I'm only on day 20!