Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fmxkid

Do you HAVE TO wash with a cleanser???

...i still use a moisturizer and i was wondering if just washing with a soft wash cloth and warm water will cleanse my face enough to be safe...i only get acne if i use the wrong ingredients on my skin and water is the only thing that hasn't caused any irritation or problems at all, the moisturizer i am using is pretty safe from what i've read about the ingredients (only used it once...today, no probs.) but i was wonderin if i HAVE to use a cleanser to totally clean off the moisturizer.lemme know what you think please.thanks!

p.s. i only did the regimen for about two weeks to get rid of the pimples caused from some damn lotions i tried.it worked.

Heres a list of products i've used that caused all the same irritation almost instantly after a wash.

-PURPOSE bar (caused irritation the fastest and the worst)

-DOVE gentle exfoliating wash (just wanted a good scrub...caused bad irritation over night)

-CETAPHIL sensitive skin bar soap (second worst)

-DOVE Sensitive Skin foaming facial cleanser (pretty bad)

-OLAY gentle foaming face wash with aloe (got desperate so i tired it...did the same thing)

-BASIS bar soap (clogged the crap out of my pores but can't remeber any irritation)

-NEUTROGENA combination skin moisturizer (caused a mob of irritation in first day of use)

Each time i tired a new product i let my face get back to normal just using water and a washcloth to make sure i could see any signs of irritation and i tried most of the products for a couple days to make sure. i just like the fealing of knowing i'm actually cleansing my face by using somethin but everything sucks for me...lemme know what you think.

How long did you use the product before you ruled it out? I think if you keep using the soap you wont feel anymore irritation. Did you try that?

I use Neutrogena Bar soap...It works well for me.

I personally think its best to use a cleanser so you clean actaully into your pores, as I don't think water is enough to get you really clean if you know what I mean (lol, that rhymes! :P)

Most people tend to find liquid cleansers a lot less irritating then bars, so maybe you could try and find a very mild liquid cleanser and give that a go? :)

don't listen to demmm... i suggest either finding a really mild bar of soap thats for hte most part natural and doesn't have a million products u can't say orr just wash with aqua.... but i think finding a regular/mild bar of soap will do wonders cuz im personally really sceptical about these "gentle" cleansers and oil-free moisturizers

i changed from a soap cleansing bar to a liquid cleanser recently and love teh contrast!

Guest yahyah

when you say 'irritation', what exactly do you mean?? a colony of spots? whiteheads? dry skin? redness? blackheads?

when you say 'irritation', what exactly do you mean?? a colony of spots? whiteheads? dry skin? redness? blackheads?

its hella weird, i call them micro zits...they're like tiny bumps most noticably on my forhead and next to my eyes next to my hair, and on my nose. bascially all over my face. some are red constantly and some just get red after a wash. they are about as big as the point on a ball-point pen. they are just pores there are lke irritated, its hella weird.

I personally think its best to use a cleanser so you clean actaully into your pores, as I don't think water is enough to get you really clean if you know what I mean (lol, that rhymes! :P)

Most people tend to find liquid cleansers a lot less irritating then bars, so maybe you could try and find a very mild liquid cleanser and give that a go? :)

it hella sucks because they all have the same damn ingredients...differnt brands just add a couple differnt ones but include probly 70% of the the same ones lol

How long did you use the product before you ruled it out? I think if you keep using the soap you wont feel anymore irritation. Did you try that?

I use Neutrogena Bar soap...It works well for me.

yea i tried dukin it out with all of them for like 3 or 4 days and it just got worse lookin. i dont wanna sound like i'm bitchin though lol i just wanan see what advice i can get.

its hella weird, i call them micro zits...they're like tiny bumps most noticably on my forhead and next to my eyes next to my hair, and on my nose. bascially all over my face. some are red constantly and some just get red after a wash. they are about as big as the point on a ball-point pen. they are just pores there are lke irritated, its hella weird.

Hmmm, I think I have these too. But whenever I come out of the shower or after I wash my face, I see white gunk coming out of the pores in the rough/bumpy areas.

Hmmm, I think I have these too. But whenever I come out of the shower or after I wash my face, I see white gunk coming out of the pores in the rough/bumpy areas.

Sounds like acne cosmetica. You are probably both using something that is slightly clogging your pores. I would suggest checking the ingredients of all your products at: www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm

Right now I'm using Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser, which has improved both my acne, and my dryness and irritation.