Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup Reviews

Brand: Estee Lauder

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup

Great only if....

Would love if i could find the right shade. Got color matched in the mall but when i went outside my husband said my face was red.... Agh.

HORRIFIC

THIS IS SO DRYING AND CAKEY, I LOOKED LIKE A MONSTER, but it did manage to stay on all day through sweat and humidity. good if you have oily skin, but horrific for dry skin

To make it more moisturizing and not cake up, I add the ELF Hydration Drops into foundation , VOILA- no more caking up on the skin

Not great for skin BUT amazing coverage!

Does feel thick and pore-clogging and, after a couple of weeks of use it does seem to increase the inflammation of my acne a bit and give me new spots (maybe if you are very strict about absolutely cleansing your face thoroughly at night it might be better, but I just use a gentle face wash and tone - and the cotton pad always has lots of foundation on it after toning).... BUT... it is absolutely a lifesaver for people who are feeling depressed about their acne. It will give you flawless skin and hide those really terrible breakouts, which make you not want to leave the house. It is a lifesaver.

Comments

Acne acne and more acne!!!

I'm not sure how people are so in love with this.it gave me the worst acne I have ever had in my life!! With my good diet and exercise I have not had actually in years. Well this December, my sister introduced me to this foundation and I instantly fell in love with it because of the coverage. I remember asking her a few days later if she thinks that the foundation broke me out, because I had a few pimples that popped up. She reassured me that it was probably just my hormones from my period and I brushed it off as something not to worry about. Well, I've been using it since December and my skin looks absolutely horrible. It's almost like some kind of sick joke because this foundation gives you so many pimples, that you actually have to keep using it to cover up how horrible your face looks! Please I do not recommend this product to anybody that is prone to acne. I think the people that have had wonders with it already had such bad acne that they're not really contributing to the problem, but they are. I do not recommend this product once again

Excellent

I have always had acne, got clear on the acne.org regimen, but then started getting very hormonal/ adult type. I tried using nothing but mineral makeup, Laura mercier was highly recommended, but also started having very oily skin. I even stopped the regimen for a while because estheticians thought I was essentially overproducing oil due to bp usage-- big mistake. Overall, I needed a makeup that wouldn't make me break out, would cover, and would Not oxidize. So, tried Estee Lauder double wear nude. Started it this month with their primer as well, the result is great:: A. Lasts all shift (10 hours in ER) B. Doesn't get greasy or oxidize/turn orange C. No new bumps unless I forget my BP I haven't agreed to put a single "wet" makeup on my face in ten years because of breakouts-- but this stuff is Definitely safe in my book With The Primer.

dank

best foundation i swear by it good coverage. no idea if it helps clear it up but wouldnt say it makes it any worse. Wouldnt wear every day though as its a bit thick and its good to let your skin breath

Comments

the best I have tried so far

It does help to cover up my acne, and it also does not make it worse. This is the only foundation that can last 10-12 hours with my very oily skin. However, it is very pricey and without a setting spray it can look very heavy. Still, would definitely recommend for oily skin.

Try the ELF Hydration Drops added into the foundation- a miracle product that makes it thin out but gives same coverage and no heaviness on skin

not for acne prone skin AT ALL!!!

I have been battling hormonal acne around my jawline and thought to try this makeup out instead of my old one. I tried, I really tried to rough this out for a full week. My ENTIRE face is covered in painful, red, inflamed, embarrassing pimples!!! I don't even want to leave the house. It's a shame because it looks great when it is on, but my face is a MESS. $40 dollars in exchange for this. I could cry.

I have adult hormonal acne as well and the double wear nude used with their primer (protects pores) has not given me any new acne. I'm sorry for your experience tho how awful!
Me too girl! This product gave me so many pimples and I’ve never had any reaction to any makeup before double wear. Yikes!!

WOW, no oil whatsoever!

I have tried numerous foundations, and tried this one after watching countless blog videos and reading reviews online. This double wear paired with NYX concealer and translucent powder is a dream! It consistently lasts 12 hours of coverage with no touch ups! I apply with a beauty blender, will have a go with some brushes soon for alternate application. I just need to get a great primer to really reap the benefits of this product. FYI I cleanse, tone and moisturise with Clinique anti blemish (light blue bottle) range which assists against blocking of pores.

Comments

Not the best, but the best I've found so far.

It's so hard for me to find a foundation that works with my skin. i need a foundation that lasts during at hour shift and one that doesn't get all greasy and slide off. It also has to be full coverage. This is the best one I've found yet. It's definitely not amazing and I wish I could find a foundation that looks great on my skin but this is the best I've found yet. Stays most of the day and doesn't get very greasy at all. Also provides full coverage. It can be patchy and weird sometimes and make my pores look huge though.

Wish I loved This

When my acne was at it worst I wanted this foundation so bad, but couldn't afford it on my college budget. When I finally splurged the lightest shade was way to orange for me. I still gave it a shot though and wore it. This foundation is full coverage, every acne sufferers dream. This made my skin look smooth and it did stay put. However, it was so hard to get all the way off. If I sleep in any makeup, I will break out within the next two days. It would also rub off onto everything even with setting powder. I wanted to love this but it's just to hard to get off and the shade is way off. Not worth the price when it doesn't work for me.

Have you tried the water based one Double Wear Nude? All the benefits without the heaviness/ difficulty removing (I also use estee primer, and the acne.org regimen face wash/bp)

The best and only foundation I will wear!

I can't believe I didn't find this foundation sooner! I think the price always put me off, but you get what you pay for! The coverage and colours are spot on. I am extremely pale and can never seem to get anything light enough, but this foundation in the lightest shade "Shell" is perfect for me. It doesn't seem to positively or negatively affect my acne at all, but it covers the red marks and scars like a dream. I would highly recommend this product!

Amazing coverage.

I am currently on Accutane and this is fantastic for coverage. The colour, 1W1 Bone is a great match for my yellowish skin. I have had very bad skin since using this but I assume it is down to the Accutane and not the make-up with it being non acnegenic. The negative for me is that if I sweat it comes off very easily, so on the tip of my nose or top lip I have terrible patches of my actual skin, not a good look at all. Certainly not good for hot weather! I would recommend this if you are looking for seriously good coverage.

amazing

I apply with beauty blender or brush and has great coverage. It is buildable medium to full coverage, it does not look cakey if you apply full coverage. Great range of shades. Only complaint it does not come with a pump, but I have heard the MAC pump works well with this bottle, so I will try it out.

love

this is amazing foundation! nice coverage and not break out

Incredible

This stuff is incredible. I normally wear Clinique for every day wear, but this stuff covers my acne and acne marks extremely well. I usually only wear this on "special" occasions because it's pretty thick, but I love it and stays on beautifully. This has really been my saving grace when I want to look as flawless as possible even with acne plagued skin.

the best foundation ever

sorry for my English..i just would like to share my experience for using this porduct. i used to have severe acne but now i have only few acne and some of acne scars,dark spots i use this foundation everyday it has great coverage and it didn't cause more acne nor clogging i would recommend it

Popular Foundation