Equate Medicated Acne Gel Reviews

Brand: Equate

Equate Medicated Acne Gel

Guest Andrea
Guest Andrea

Clears up skin pretty quickly and is super effective. Doesn't get rid of blackheads but I realized that no scrub, wash, cleanser, cream, etc can get rid of a BLACKHEAD. They have to be physically removed with a strip or something. Extremely drying. I would use a substantial amount at night and a very, very thin layer during the day. It makes your face seem powdery white too. Very effective at erasing red bumps and pimples.

Comments

Does seem to work. My skin has smoothed and stay somewhat acne free. Still get a few pimples from time to time but not like before. The worst thing about this is the fact that it bleaches EVERYTHING!! I've ruined lots of bath towels, handtowels, and plenty of good clothes. This stuff is dangerous. Even after washing my face to get it off it still must be in my pores or something becuase we keep finding bleach spots on everything. Very frustrating. It does seem to clear up and help prevent new acne for me. Very cheap too. I do hate how it turns white on you skin and dries like a mud mask of sorts. I only use it when I'm going to be at home for a few hours and don't wear it in public. It's too noticeable on my skin. Be very careful what your face touches while wearing it! It bleaches material extremely easy! I've ruined many good shirts, sweatshirts, even some of my wife's clothes have shown up with bleach marks somehow. Not to mention all the bath towels that are now hidden away when company comes over. Almost not worth using really, I'm always scared of touching my face and then forgetting not to touch anything else til I wash my hands thouroughly. Gave my wife a hug while wearing it and after doing wash the shirt she had been wearing had a big pinkish colored spot on the shoulder. Gotta be very careful. I use my shirt to itch my eye and forgot I was wearing it and now my $30 shirt is a shop towel.

Comments

-Inexpensive -Walmart carries them -Apart of Dan's skin regimen -irritation (pins and needles) -white marks left behind on skin -dries too quickly i have used this product everyday for a couple of weeks and made my skin very very sensitive to drastic change of temperatures, not really "drastic" more like a sudden change of hot to cold or vice versa. After I apply this product every morning, I feel that if I move my face or smile my face will crack and destroy my skin.

Guest anonymous
Guest anonymous

I love this stuff I am a young and it it so perfectly . I had tried everything and this is the best! none!!! I willbuy this again

Comments

Effective, inexpensive none Have been using this product for over 7 years and love it! All other benzoyl peroxide brands out there feel very greasy to me. This one is very good at absorbing oil and controlling oily skin. I am 54--yes 54--and still battling extremely oily skin. Even used Accutane 20 years ago. I hope Wal-Mart gets this product back on their shelves SOON! I hate having to pay triple the price for similar products that don't work nearly as well and make my skin even greasier! Their Equate brand is truly a great product.

Comments

Works very well, cheap, 10% benzoyl peroxide none This product is very cheap. It just appeared on shelves here. It was only $2, so I bought a bottle. It worked amazingly. A week later I went back and stocked up on more.

Comments

Cleared acne up QUICKLY, controlled oil, very affordable, and it was the perfect acne treatment! No cons - it was perfect! Bookmarking this page to see when this product will be back. We can call and email WalMart to encourage it's return, so if you have a minute - please do so! 1-800-WAL-MART (1-800-925-6278) [link removed]

Guest Jhenn
Guest Jhenn

Cleared up and over time with topical antibiotic ointment (neosporian) it healed past scars. Consistently works well through hormonal cycles unlike popular name brand products that would work for a week then burn my skin, or scab. Too good to be true, hence it actually worked far better than pro active, and similar result products. NONE. I want to use it! Put a disclaimer on it to continue to sell. People with acne will not care if this product works for them- and it has, if there is a serious issue. My goodness people pay a pretty penny for poison injected in their face (botox) we just want our faces clear!

Guest Melissa
Guest Melissa

Works better than anything I've used before. Very easy to afford. Doesn't dry out your skin. None What happened with it? Hopefully it wasn't anything health threatening. If not, I want it back!

Guest Ne Ne
Guest Ne Ne

Great Product! Works Well Its no longer on shelves at the moment because of a recall or something Bottom line is: this recall sux! Please hurry up and get this product cleaned up

Guest karla
Guest karla

This stuff is great! We went to several walmart stores trying to find it but had no such luck. Both of my kids used it and had great results. none We can't find it anymore. We can't find another product that works remotely close to it.

Guest Nancy
Guest Nancy

It's a shame when one finds a product that works and it afforable, the FDA comes along, finds a problem and snatches it from the public.... I can't find it anymore !!! Wish it would come back.

Comments

The FDA took my Acne Cream away. I'm not likeing them so much right now. Bastids.

Guest VLP
Guest VLP

Works and is SO affordable! Apparently the gel was RECALLED by the FDA in Nov 2008! Hence why we can't find it anymore. We have been hunting down Walmart management for months now - to no avail. Then I find this info which is available on: [link removed]

Guest Sue
Guest Sue

My son has used the Equate Acne Vanishing Cream for a couple of years (available only at US Walmarts). Works great..always!! Now we can't find it anywhere...does anyone know if it's coming back? none for him If anyone knows anything comparable, please let us know. Use it sparingly. Not much is needed to work.

Guest Taylor
Guest Taylor

cleared up alot of my acne in one night! it does leave a white film but if you put lotion on it, it goes away i would highly recommend this. i am a teenager with stress of school and other normal stuff and the acne made my stress worse, but when i got this i felt alot better and didnt have to wear a ton of makeup.

Guest Kristena
Guest Kristena

None It dried out my skin so bad that the whole area I put it on is Red I I tried mousturizer and everything after I used it and nothing is helping. It was so afull that I had to go to a dermitologist to get cream for it. I am not even allergic to it.I WILL NEVER BUY FROM EQUATE BRAND EVER AGAIN.

Guest Brandi
Guest Brandi

It is cheap and works very well.... Walmart no longer sells it so I got the name brand stuff for 5 bucks and it has a smaller content... doesn't work! my face is all broke out!! When are they bringing it back?!? Walmart needs to bring back the Equate acne gel or my face will never be clear again if anyone has found something else that works let me know!

Guest sassyskin33
Guest sassyskin33

great product! drys skin, suggest to add jojoba oil to your cleanser or hypoallergenic moisturizer. I posted a rave review for this product back in september. A week ago I went to re-up and after 3 visits to 3 different stores in 3 days they were out. I did some searching on the net and found that it was recalled November '08. The processing plant that makes the Walmart Brand, Kroger Brand, and the Dollar General Brand was found by the FDA to have a form of bacteria in it. I was trully upset for days. I found CVS brand & It seems ok. Walmart associates did not seem to be aware of the recall. I saw a posting on here by another person that their Walmart didn't have it and that's what made me do some digging. Has anyone else found it difficult to find before I write a letter to Walmart????

Guest Kathy
Guest Kathy

This stuff is awesome! I've tried dermatologists, every OTC acne med you can find, Proactive, NOTHING WOKRED except this stuff. I LOVE IT!!!!!! It keeps selling-out at Wal-Mart and the past 4 weeks i've gone in I can't find it. I finally found the last two packages in town at a Walmart grocery market and bought them both!!! It's amazing and I absolutely reccomend it for anyone with acne problems, I just hope they start producing more of it and NEVER change the formula.

Comments

This is the best acne product I have ever used!!!!!!!!! Honestly I have tried everything from perscription to over the counter. I don't like the equate clearisil, but the equate oxy is what I am talking about!! A little drying, but I would rather be dry than have tons of pimples. The consistency is chalky but I would rather have chalky then moist like cream. It is super hard to come by at Walmart and it's always sold out!! This time I bought five packages! It's awsome and sooooooooooooooooooooooo affordible!!!!! The best bang for your buck ever!! I swear by this product!! Can clear your face up if you have a terrible break out in a matter of day's!!

Guest Crystal
Guest Crystal

Works VERY well and cleared up most of my acne in one night Smells bad and dryed up my skin Buy it! It reallly works!

Comments

Clears up skin quickly, and keeps it smooth. If you mix it in with lotion, it won't dry up as much. Also, it's very cheap, and works just as well as the name brands. I finally figured out what has been bleaching my sheets! Thanks guys, but I've been mixing it with cocoa butter lotion, so it doesn't happen anymore. Other than that..none. Try it, it's good :)

Guest Strive To Resist
Guest Strive To Resist

Dries up pimples, has already started helping some with my under-skin red bumps (nodules?), VERY cheap Dries skin, leaves light white film (hidden when used with moisturizer) I bought the maximum strength (10% benzoyl peroxide) and it has worked wonders so far. Yes, it dries my skin out, but everybody knows that BP does that, which is why everybody reccomends moisturizer. I put it on in the morning after cleansing and then apply moisturizer which eliminates the visible white film and helps with the itching it sometimes causes when your skin is not quite used to BP yet. It's extremely affordable (I got it for around $1 at Wal-Mart). My acne is clearing up nicely, it's even helping the acne under my skin (nodules?). BP is the best thing that will ever happen to you (IF your skin can handle it - not reccommended if your skin is EXTREMELY sensitive - mine is sort of but not that bad).

Guest Bre'Anna
Guest Bre'Anna

Im a teen so i have really oily skin and plenty if pimples ...... this dries up the oil all day dries out the pimples and keeps your face looking and feeling clean It fades colored stuff like pillow cases shirts towels.... it burn a little and leaves a white film...but can be taken away with a moistureizer Good for oily skin affordible work well for all.... the pro's out way the con's

Popular Over-the-counter treatments