x

Epiduo Adapalene (.1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%) Gel reviews

3.7/5 - 516 reviews

Brand: Epiduo

Epiduo Adapalene (.1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%) Gel

Adapalene (0.1%), Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, docusate sodium, edetate disodium, glycerin, isohexadecane, poloxamer 124, polysorbate 80, propylene glycol, purified water, and sorbitan oleate.

Epiduo Adapalene (.1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%) Gel

best acne treatment there is. WILL SEE RESULTS.
Reviewed on January 8, 2018

If you're reading this and you're debating whether or not to go on epiduo. Just do it. I've used this on 3 separate occasions, once for 5 months, once for a year and once for one month (currently still on this third time)... The thing about epiduo is that it WORKS. Look at your forearm right now and how smooth it is... thats what my red, painful acne turned into after exactly 12 weeks of using epiduo (both times). You HAVE to use cetaphil gentle cleanser and moisturizer otherwise it wont work as well (cera v made the process longer the second time i took it). It will get worse before it gets better. Your skin will be beautiful one week and hell the next. But when it's over you have clear skin. What do you have to lose? NOTHING. it WILL work. I can almost promise it to everyone. I find that it is very emotionally taxing to keep on desperately trying new things becuase you think that next thing, the one thing that youre "missing" is going to cure your acne but that is total bullsh*t. This will give you clear skin guarenteed. If the burning sensation is unbearable you are using too much, simple as that. The only thing I regret is not starting it right away and wasting so much time on guessing and checking and wasting hundreds of dollar on pointless methods and products. DO IT. Im posting my week by week review of this on my third time taking this (this time i will not be dumb and stop using it EVER lol). Please check it out! I also have a bunch of tips on there for anyone interested. You have to be mentally strong and push through this. 12 weeks for a LIFE of clear skin (if you sparingly maintain it) is plenty worth it to me.

IT WORKS!!!
Reviewed on December 21, 2017

So this is the only treatment that worked for me 100%.It is true,the first 3 months are definitely hard,but I can say,worth the effort.After 5 months of using Epiduo,I HAD NO ACNE,it heals even the marks in the skin.HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Hopeful
Reviewed on December 3, 2017

I'm on my week two of epiduo and my acne was like worse than ever. Bumps keep coming up my face even on spots I don't normally get them. (So saaadd) but, but, I heard that this is the initial purging stage and yes! I could feel my bumps drying up and flattening. Yay! As for my skin, i have sensitive and oily type but srsly, it never dried up my face. I'm still oily. Hoping for better skin sooner!

by Hopeful74 on 12/29/2017 21:24
How is your acne now with this Epiduo?
by sereingirl on 12/30/2017 01:01
Hi @Hopeful74 I am now 1 month and 10 days using this Epiduo and most of my bumps had flatten. I still have active ones on the hairline (side of my face) that I think, is the latest part to experience purging. But I'm not giving up hope. Lot of people have been here and tells me to wait patiently (says the reviews I read lol) I have a few more weeks to be patient of. Have a good day! Haha.
Give it some time
Reviewed on November 30, 2017

I started using Epiduo this August after fighting my acne for about 5 years. It was the typical teenage acne, and when I look back at pictures I feel bad because I didn't realize how bad my skin actually was. It got better with the years, but never really completely clear which bugged me.

When I got a huge breakout in August I felt that I'd had enough (as so many times before) and contacted the doctor. He prescribed me Epiduo, and I was a little doubtful because of the fact that it was a topical. At this point I never thought a topical could do something about preventing pimples, only treat the ones that are already on the surface. But, I started using it, and spent hours on looking on reviews of it. In many reviews it said to give it a good 3-4 months, and I remember feeling inpatient, I couldn't wait that long? After the first month there was really no change. I got dry, but used masks and moisturizers to help that. Month 2, still no change. I started losing hope of the product but remembered the reviews that told me to keep using it. Today, three months later, my skin is clear almost all the time. The times that I have gotten a pimple is when I stopped using Epiduo because my skin was clear, which shows that you have to be persistent. By now, I use Epiduo about every other night and it still keeps my skin good.

As a summary - try Epiduo because it works! Be persistent and don't give up even after one to two months.

The dryness will also disappear after a while, I now that can be a struggle. I was bright red for the first few weeks haha.

Good Luck dear acne-friends!

It's Working (Acnesol)
Reviewed on October 1, 2017

So there's a lot of history with my acne situation. I always had moderate acne, large pores oily skin....n i underwent course of antibiotics, doxycyclin amd azithromycin which helped..... But In 2010 i developed cystic acne....a relapse. So my derm said that antibiotics won't work in my case, amd i took a course of isotroin (same like Accutane.. M from India) of 6months amd it was the best thing. It cleared up my acne completely. It was good for 2years but then my skin was not that great amd it developed bumps... On n off acne.. But nothing major. All was good or atleast okay for 5years.... But then it started gettimg worse recently.. So i visited my derm again, after 6years...he recognized me, amd i too reminded him of my acne history. He said he told me earlier that isotroin would cure 80% but 20% will be maintenance..... Which i didn't do,,, (as i moved from this place.. Got busy with life... I forgot all about it). So now he saod that i have to use a cream at night. That is acnesol(. 1%adapalene and. 1%clindamycin). Also a salicylic facewash. Fortunately i dont need to take a second course of isotroin. I had bumps all over my forehead... And new breakouts...whiteheads on my cheeks n chin.... Too much. So its beem a week of acnesol and salicylic facewasg, and my skin is very very dry... Also red on the problem areas. But the bumps/whiteheads on my forhead are 90%gone, also only 2new breakout that too are dry... He also gave my a cream to moisturize, only to be used sos...acnemoist. I have used it twice till now. When i wash my face now i dont feel the bumps and roughness... And no active acne too now. With the present scenario i feel in another week or 10days it will all be crllear and normal(not red too).

It does work
Reviewed on September 20, 2017

After trying everything to get rid of my angry red acne I tried epiduo. After 3 days of applying I already saw a huge difference! Only thing is my skin got sooooo dry and my skin would sting when I put it on and when I moisturised. I also noticed my eyelids and under eyes got very dry.

If you moisturise well it's not too bad though. At first it got rid of every spot. However after 3 months I do get a few pimples but nothing in comparison to before.

Really recommend trying it and sticking with it for at least a month.

Patience is key
Reviewed on September 5, 2017

I never ever write reviews for anything...but I feel like I should share my experience with epiduo. I started in June of 2017 and immediately experienced the purging. Unfortunately for me, I started to get acne in places that I had never gotten before due to this purging phase. It was extremely irritating and embarrassing because my face was nowhere near as bad before as it was during the purging phase. For me, the purging lasted about 2 months (I know this sounds really bad, but you have to be patient). I live in Florida, so I'm constantly sweating (terrible for acne!). I almost gave up around the 2 month mark, but I kept reading reviews about how I need to stick it out until month 3. I'm currently on week 12 (one week away from the 3 month mark) and my face has improved exponentially. Throughout all of August, I had non-elevated red marks all over my face, but those are fading very quickly right now. My face is not 100% clear, but I can definitely see it heading in that direction. I'm so glad that I didn't give up on this product. As awful as it may be to have to wait 10-12 to see results, it's totally worth it. It's very upsetting to read reviews about how people stopped after like 6 weeks. This just isn't enough time. For someone that is extremely acne prone, I was so excited to see this product start working. Once my face clears completely, I will probably only apply the epiduo every other night to maintain.

Long story short: not everyone will see results quickly because everybody responds differently and at different intervals. Stick it out and you should see good results. Besides, the acne that you are getting as a result of beginning epiduo (the purging) would have come anyways at some point in the future. I highly recommend!

so far so good!
Reviewed on August 19, 2017

my doctor prescribed me epiduo three days ago and it works like magic! i have mild/moderate acne, which really flared up a year ago (age 15) and it's been difficult trying to keep it away. i get cysts and nodules. there would be 3-5 in one area which can be painful. i don't get a lot of spots but i do get larger pimples. my acne is hormonal so i never know what it will do next. sometimes it goes down completely and one day i'll wake up with 2 cysts on my cheeks. i've tried doxycycline which didn't work for me at all. 2 and a half months in and i was still getting cysts frequently. i thought it would work because i was taking the fight inside out but it was a big fail. i was hesitant to try the epiduo as it is a topical treatment and i've heard many times that it is inside that you need to take care of (to control the hormones), hence taking prescription pills.

personally i have had no bad side effects, it would VERY slightly itch/tingle on the side at a small area but goes right away. i haven't had any burning sensations, as i've read many people experienced on here at the first couple of weeks, but i'll have to wait and see. i saw a big difference the morning after my first night with it on and it has completely removed my cysts and nodules since, at least on the surface. i've also seen scars fading a little but i'm not sure if it is the epiduo. in the morning i would rinse it off with just water and use the olay complete spf 15 moisture lotion.

my skin hasn't purged, i'm not sure if it will or if i'll get minor side effects later. i have only been on it for three days so i'll have to check back on here in two-three months. hopefully, i won't have to take pills with the epiduo or be disappointed yet again :)

Does nothing for severe acne
Reviewed on August 16, 2017

I was prescribed this for moderate acne, and the first week or so it DID work, a little bit. It dried my face out which is expected but after about a week it was like applying water on my face and letting it sit there overnight. It did nothing. It seems to only work for those who have a pimple here and there.

by sio06 on 11/08/2017 15:21
Epiduo increases the skins turnover rate so takes a good 3 months to see results
Average
Reviewed on August 15, 2017

Ive used this on and off for years since I was 13 (I'm now 18) and always stop because it dries my oily skin up so badly. However I decided to stick with it and try again and it cleared up my skin quite well, I kept sticking out the dryness as I could see it was working but after 4 months I gave up again. The dry skin is just such a put off for me and always makes me stop using it. I think it works for clearing active acne but I can't say it did much for my skin texture or blocked pores. Also over the years I have destroyed countless clothes and pillow cases as this causing bleaching in fabrics. However id still recommend it as it did help my skin but it hasn't been a life saver for me. Its worth a try

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clicnics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org