Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel Reviews

Brand: Duac

Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel
3.91,366 reviews

Somewhat effective...

clears some pimples generates free radicals not 100% effective Duac works to an extent, but it did not clear my face of acne. Also, benzoyl peroxide generates free radicals and delays the heeling of the skin, meaning red marks and hyperpigmentation lasts longer.

Most effective topical I used

Limits breakouts Smells Drys skin Bleaches clothes This was the only cream that made a difference for me. I found that it's best applied twice a day and for many times in my life I didn't need anything else to control my skin. Then I got fed up, as not only does this cream start to smell if you leave it on the whole day, it bleaches clothes, it's expensive, scars take long to fade, and most importantly, it will never cure your acne only deal with the symptoms. If you mild acne without any cysts then I would advise using this cream otherwise speak to your derm about accutane.

Wish it coulda worked

May work for oily skinned people drying didn't work ): I was on this for a while, and it did nothing but dry me out. I really wanted it to work, but it didn't. None of my zits cleared up. It just dried my zits up and made them look angry and red. ):

Effective for my skin

Dual Medications Effective Drying Sticky I've been using BenzaClin for about a month now in conjunction with Retin-A. This is my first attempt to use prescription products to treat my acne. I believe the BenzaClin is being most effective. It does have a hardening effect of about 2 weeks then it begins to ease off. It also tends to make my face feel stiff if I don't apply moisturizer afterwards. Glycerin in some creams can also react with the BP and create some stinging. Overall I feel like it's been effective for me, and the effects are starting to work, slowly clearing my skin.

Comments

When used correctly, it works!

u18 prescription is free Only need a small amount No side affects (wasn't for me) tube is small takes a while to kick in I've used many products before which are supposed to be the miracle cream or the acne solution. But none of them work so I was sceptical about trying this one but was praying it would work. I was exited at first because it was prescribed from a doctor and I instantly thought this stuff must work! So a week pasted from me applying the cream once a night, and well i couldn't really see a change, the redness of my skin had reduced, but that was about it. So i thought okay it's only a week (my doctor told me i would have to wait around 3-8). The next week past, a few pimples had died done, but small new ones still arose which really got me down. But it was only the second week so I wasn't that far in. Third week pasted as still nothing, applying once a night, everyday, no change from week 2. I'd had enough, i started looking over the internet and found this website, and it all changed. I watched the regime video on the homepage of this website, and thought I'd give it ago. After the first night, I could see a difference! A real major one! So with the correct regime it will work!

Worked at first...

Cleared my acne Hardly any side effects Dryness may be an issue for others Will eventually stop working I was prescribed with duac back when I was 14 and it cleared my acne brilliantly. I didn't suffer from any side effects and dryness on my skin lasted for about 4 days and then it was gone. Up until now I have been using duac and unfortunately after about a year of using it my skin became very resistant to it, and the duac just didn't do anything for me. I recommend using it and trying it out, but don't rely on it being a cure as your skin will become tolerant to it.

Not quite..

Helps pimples go away faster Does work Drying/ doesn't prevent new breakouts Flakey skin Burning sensation/redness Ok so my dermatologist recommended that I use this and epiduo every other night ( this night duac, epiduo the next) I have been doing this routine for seven months and my acne hasn't subsided fully yet .. It does help but my skin is not clear ... I do take care if my diet! I use effaclar k in the morning, wash my face twice a day .. I was prescribed antibiotics ( my skin wasnt fuly claer after them just better) but my acne came back ... Edit: So tried using this bp for the regimen and my skin was totally clear for the first in the first week but then BOOM I broke out again :( so now I have been trying STn different I use this every morning and epiduo every night .. We will see how it goes ... I shall post an update here !!

Drying, Itchy and Scarring

Dries out skin (peeling of skin) This was my first acne product. I've used it for a long long time, and it helped to reduce the number of breakouts I had. However, this product really dries out your skin, and leaves behind acne scars. Make sure you use a lot of moisturizer.

Comments

This stuff saved my skin

Works fast Effective Dries out the skin: when using it definitely moisturize more than normal I got acne about two years ago and it started to get progressively worse to the point where i didn't have a single clear patch on my face. It was completely covered in large painful red bumps. I went to the derm and he prescribed epiduo, which completely destroyed my skin. It made my acne 2x worse and my skin very sensitive, dry, and it burned whenever i touched it. After stopping epiduo i left my skin alone for a year out of fear that trying another product would just make it worse. My acne stayed just as bad and my skin just as sensitive. Then I went to my GP for a check up and told her about my acne issues, and she prescribed benzaclin. After 1 month my acne had gone down drastically. Now, 3 months in my skin is completely clear and baby smooth, and 50% of my hyperpigmentation is gone!!! This stuff really saved my skin and self confidence:)

Comments

Amazing!!! Only thing that works!

Works quickly and results don't wear off Gets rid of 95% of spots Reduces oily skin (if you have it) Bleaches towels/clothes Can dry out your skin if you have sensitive/dry skin I've had acne since I was about 11, and this product has been the only thing that has cleared up 95% of it to what my skin is like today. I have previously tried everything: Panoxyl 10% Wash, Isotretinoin Gel, Zineryt, Limocycline, Quinoderm and none of them have gotten rid of my spots completely! I was fed up with trying all of these products that didn't work, until I went to my doctor. They asked me if I wanted to try benzoyl peroxide one last time and then take something orally, but I decided to try benzoyl peroxide again as it had been the only thing in the past that had actually MADE A DIFFERENCE, despite the fact that it dried out my skin and bleached my clothes and towels. Just a little background information: I have quite oily skin, and I am prone to whiteheads, blackheads and the occasional nodule on my forehead, sides of my cheeks and chin. I was prescribed about two months ago Duac Once Daily to use in the evening once a day, and Isotretinoin Gel to use in the morning (this wasn't necessary but just in case). My skin was really bad before I got my prescription, but when I started using the Duac my face cleared up SO QUICKLY! Within the first few weeks, most of my spots were going and my face was becoming less oily! One month later, and literally up to 98% of my spots had gone and my skin wasn't oily anymore - I was even getting COMPLIMENTS on my skin, for the first time in my life!!! I can't believe it, coming from me who has oily skin which I hated but is now under control with the right face wash and moisturizer. I don't even use the Isotretinoin Gel, just Duac still once a day every day and it works wonders! It is the only thing that has truly worked for me, I'm recommending it to all of my friends! If you use "natural" products like tea tree oil and are reluctant to use so called "chemicals" like this on your face, PLEASE GIVE IT A CHANCE! Natural stuff will not have as quick, reliable and thorough results as this! Natural stuff only works if you have like 3 spots on your face, you HAVE to use some kind of chemicals! *I have gone from having around 50 spots on my face to about 5!!! That is how amazing this is* However, there are a few downsides. One, this WILL bleach fabrics. Make sure to wash your hands after you apply the product to stop it bleaching things you touch, and dry your hands on an OLD TOWEL. ***MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN OLD TOWEL THAT YOU DON'T MIND GETTING BLEACHED TO DRY YOUR FACE/HANDS ON, AS DUAC WILL BLEACH FABRICS*** So please be careful - it will bleach towels even if you only touch them once. Also, if you have dry/sensitive skin this may be a little harsh for you so use it sparingly, however since I had oily and not sensitive skin I was fine with using quite a lot as it made my skin go from oily >> normal, not normal >> dry. So yeah, I 100% RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!!!! IT WORKED WONDERS FOR ME WITH QUICK RESULTS!!! I cannot tell you how amazing this is if you have moderate acne.

Comments

Adult Acne and Duac has been amazing!

Clear skin Little redness and dryness during first 10 days of use only I'm a 40 year old woman who has suffered with acne for as long as I can remember. Since having my kids it has actually got worse. Antibiotics have helped for a while but eventually the effects seem to wear off. In August this year whilst enjoying the amazing weather we were having on holiday in Cornwall I had the biggest cyst type spots appear all over my chin meaning I had to wear make up continually on the beach as I was so ashamed. I went back to my GP who changed my antibiotics but also prescribed Duac. My last experience of a cream antibiotic was years ago and my face inflamed so badly I'd always refused to try this option again however I felt I had no option but to try. So I read all these reviews first and decided to try the Duac just on my chin first and see how my skin reacted. I did get a little redness and dryness during the first 10 days but nothing that noticeable. I continued to use it for a month and have not had one spot!! I have however had a few on my forehead where I haven't used Duac. I am now using Duac all over my T zone on my face and really can't believe the difference. I know I sound like some cliched US advert but I was cynical that it could work but for me it really has. I am so so glad I have tried it and can't believe I have clear skin for the first time EVER!!!!

Nothing special.

Reduced pimple size Dry, red skin A couple of my friends recommended this to me saying it was the best acne cream theyd ever tried. So instead of refilling my prescription for tactuo (epiduo), i asked my doctor for this. Although it reduced the size of my pimples, i still had the same amount of acne. I can see how it could work for some people, however i think my skin does better with a smaller dosage of benzoyl peroxide. For now ill stick to tactuo which wasnt perfevt but cleared 80% of my breakouts.

Amazing

Cleared blackheads Cleared most pimples Worked amazing overall at clearing acne Dryness Itchiness Redness This gel was by far the best thing that ever worked on my acne. I wish I could've kept using it but it was no longer available to me. The only problem I had, that was my own fault, was extremely sensitive skin after overusing the product. You HAVE TO work your way into using more. DO NOT go overboard right away or will have extremely irritated skin. I did not use sunscreen while using this product and suffered blisters after spending a day outside. BAD IDEA. So just make sure to moisturize and use SPF like an Albino. Stick to a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil.

Comments

Does the trick... kind of.

Clears 90% of spots. More confident. Free on NHS. It burns, tingles and skin flaked. Didn't completely clear skin. I didn't want to ruin my skin. I am a 14 years old female. I started getting acne around 11/12 years old just as I was starting high school. (On face, neck, check and back.) At first it didn't affect me, but as you grow up you become more insecure and self conscious about the way you look. Therefore I tried everything I could get my hands on. I spent hours watching YouTube videos, and searching up methods to get rid of acne. I went to the doctors twice about my skin. The first time I was recommended 'Zinc', it wasn't great, I can't remember if it cleared my skin, but I am guessing it didn't as I stopped. About a year later, March 2013, I went back, this time I was prescribed 'duac once daily gel'. At first it made my skin worse, and it took a while to work. For the first couple weeks/months my skin was burn, tingly, flake, and I had red patches. I was even more upset about my skin. I hated moisturizing as it seems to give me spots too. Therefore I rarely did. But around the 3rd month my skin was looking a lot better, less spots, on hormonal. It was such a big improvement. However at some points I did break out, and it made me really upset. I was about 4 months into it, when I gave up (July) and I haven't used it since. My skin is breaking out again, and I am once again insecure and annoyed about it! Although I wasn't successful, I would still recommend it. Just because it wasn't great on my skin, doesn't mean it won't work on yours. Try it! But don't let spots get you down, a lot of people have them. Life is too short to get annoyed over them, they will eventually go! :)

Best BP product I've tried

Clears up whiteheads (i'll update in a few weeks for cystic) Smooth texture Doesn't smell bad I'd say it'd one of the stronger ones out there, but my skin is just so oily that it becomes "normal" when i apply it (yay). I'm actually starting it up again after trying the natural route (which didn't work out for me), but while I was on it the first two times it definitely cleared up my extremely severe acne, with the use of minocycline as an oral and vitamin A topical at night. Needless to say, it does it's job, going to see whether it works on cystic acne, which i've been getting lately :(

Masterpiece

Works great! Easy to apply Dries qucikly into the skin Expensive I had pretty huge pustules/cysts before I started using this combined with Oral Antibiotic and first it acutally made it worse and more oily but after a couple of weeks the bumps and pustules/cysts started to shrink and overall it made a really good job pre-accutane. I strongly recommend this stuff. As for now I use this as a spot treatment and it works great! I wash my face pat it dry and after 5minutes I dab Duac into my face and it dries quickly.

My experience of Duac

I have been using duac for around 3 weeks now and within the first week my skin had basically cleared up!! My skin before this was marked, cystic and terrible. However once into the second week of duac my skin started to break out again! I don't know if this was hormonal or a normal thing with duac, to work and then stop for a bit? I am wondering if anyone has experienced this and whether I should continue to use it? I'm hoping this is just a stage and it will work again soon! Thanks! Beth

Wow works wonders

Acne free skin Clear glowing skin None I didn't expect this gel to work this fast but in just over 7 days I have perfectly clear acne free skin, with a combination of drinking 2 litres of water, 1 litre of lemon mixed with water and limiting dairy and also taking cezarette mini pills my skins never looked better, I think out all of these when I started using the gel which was last of these it's worked to clear my forehead and cheeks of acne and even though I started eating a bit more junk food lately it's still controlled it so well. So happy

Comments

Too expensive for the results

worked pretty well very easy to use sometimes irritating way too expensive for amount of results I have acne and blackheads on face and back. I have no cystic acne. This product worked okay for me, but was not good enough for the expense. I used it for almost a year but am happier using another product that works better for me and is less costly by a lot.

Comments

Benzaclin works; you should try it!

Kills acne May be painfully drying in the beginning I have been using benzaclin for two years. It has gotten rid of my small whitehead infestation. I use it twice a day; once in the AM and once at bedtime. The first three weeks my skin was sooo dry. But after those first three weeks, my skin adjusted to the medication and now my skin is clear and smooth.

Best find ever

Works fast Good spot treatment Got rid of most of my mild- moderate acne Can be drying I have been using benzaclin for about a year now and I have seen tremendous results. I have found that this product works extremely fast and help reduce my acne within a matter of 2 weeks for it to work. I noticed that it does not help deep bumps that I have but helps more so the surface bumps. I had white heads all over my nose and forehead and it was extremely embarrassing and ruined my confidence alot. I would avoid looking people in the eye it was so bad. I use benzaclin paired differin 0.3% and they both work together like a charm. The only thing that is bad about this product is that it can be drying if I use it twice a day as prescribed. I just use and oil free oil reducer moisturizer and it seems to be working fine. Therefore I think this product would be good for anyone with mild-moderate acne.

Popular Topical