Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 1342 reviews

Brand: Duac

Duac Clindamycin (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel

Clindamycin Phosphate (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Carbomer 980, dimethicone 100, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, disodium edetate, glycerol, silicon dioxide, poloxamer, purified water, sodium hydroxide.

Worked for a while
Reviewed on September 13, 2017

Worked for a while (about 2 months) and I did have clear skin during that time. I was really pleased. It's quite a thick formula but it goes on ok. I applied and stored it as directed but it just stopped working. I've gone back to it a couple of times to see whether it'll work for a while to give me a break from breakouts but it just doesn't work at all anymore. Strange how a lot these products only seem to work short term.

Duac gel
Reviewed on September 5, 2017

I was prescribed this by my dermatologist and have been using for about 3 months. I have suffered with back acne since the age of 15 and acne on my cheeks which developed around the age of 21 (I am now 22). I'd recommend this as a great quick fix e.g. if a large spot appears and you apply the gel to it at night, by the morning it will be significantly reduced. However, for a more long term solution I'd recommend taking a medication e.g. I take 1 408mg Lymecycline tablet twice a day and have seen an improvement on my back acne

Good at first then stops working and worse than before
Reviewed on September 1, 2017

This product initially worked for me, like a lot of other people on this thread. I used it for 3 months and was very happy at first, although I also experienced blotchiness and some redness that I didn’t have before. I would say the first month or so the clearing was the greatest then I started noticing new breakouts popping up here and there. By the end of 3 months, I was pretty much as bad as I was at the beginning so I stopped. What I noticed when I stopped was that my skin had been continually irritated, not just zits but red and I had a really slight itch. I don’t know how to explain it other than it wasn’t normal. When I stopped my skin went back to “normal”, I guess normal for me. Still lots of spots but not irritated.

Bad news is that once I stopped my skin got even worse and I had the worst acne I have ever had. It was really depressing but I was convinced that this stuff isn’t for me since in the end, it didn’t really help my skin. I went for a facial and the estetician (sp?) recommended Ninja skincare to me. I hadn’t heard of it before but googled it, read loads of reviews on it and really none were bad so I called them. Their customer service was really incredible. I spoke with a woman for nearly an hour about my skin, she gave me a list of products she would recommend for me and I was an idiot and didn’t write them down. When I made my order, I guess I ordered the wrong products for my skin so they held my order and told me they didn’t want me to order the wrong stuff and have it not work. So we changed it back to the right stuff, I got it like a month ago. It is wonderful. I have never been so happy with my skin, with a product line. Every day my skin is getting better and I just couldn’t be more thrilled with the results.

After years of trying everything, I am happy to have finally found a product that works for me. I know duac has worked for a lot of people but I would be curious how many of them have had long term results? It didn’t work for me … but I guess some people have had some success.

duac discontinued
Reviewed on July 22, 2017

Duac where i'm from Australia is discontinued and many chemists did not stock it no more, however I was eager to try it out thus my dad found a chemist who had one tube left for sale at the price of roughly around $45. The pharmacist said the tube would only last for a month then have to be thrown out because it would be overdue. I used this gel for a month, when i first started to use it on my teenage pimples it did not irritate my skin however around the 5th time i put it on my face and chest to treat pimples it irritated my skin immensely and made it itchy, stingy and red. It made a red patch of skin which looked unappealing and took 3 days to calm down and go back to my original colour. generally this duac gel will never be put on my skin again unless i want to look like ive been severely sunburnt in specific areas.

Mild treatment.
Reviewed on July 19, 2017

Didn't really work well for me but was one of the only creams that didn't burn my face.

Works for only so long..
Reviewed on June 19, 2017

Ever since I was 12 years old, I started breaking out like crazy. I had acne all over my face. I put up with it for quite awhile, only using over the counter products. Once I hit grade 11, I couldn't take it anymore and decided to go to my family doctor. I asked for this after I had heard from my sister that this was the only thing that helped with her acne.

I believe I noticed an improvement within the first 2 weeks. I didn't experience an initial breakout. My skin just seemed to get maybe 60% better. I didn't have acne on my forehead anymore, only some along the cheeks. However, my skin was never able to get fully clear with this.

With it taking my severe acne to moderate acne, I was happy up until I developed what seemed like a resistance to the medication. I was using this every night for the past 3 years.

Now, this topical doesn't seem to make any difference with my acne. For that reason, I went to a derm and am now trying Tactupump as my last topical attempt before trying oral pills.

I gave this a 3 stars because while it didn't completely solve my problem, It was the one medication that helped me at a very desperate time in my life and boosted my self-esteem for quite a while.

Works great for me
Reviewed on May 27, 2017

About 8 years ago I started breaking out pretty bad. Adult acne is really difficult to treat. I wore zero makeup, and used good creams. I tried all the natural and organic ways to reduce acne (tea tree oil, honey, etc.). Nothing helped.

Eventually my doctor prescribed me Retin-A. I used that for a year with only a slight reduction in breakouts, but still pretty covered in zits. Then my doctor put me on Doxycycline. That took a long time to work, but helped my zits a lot. However, I never was 100% clear, but I could live with a couple zits at any given moment. After I took that for 3 years, I asked my doctor to put me on something that isn't bad for my gut.

We switched to the Clindamycin and Benzo duo. I slowly tapered off my Doxycycline, and slowly brought the Duac cream into my regimen. I have been on the Duac for about 4 months, and I have never had better skin. I have zero acne spots. No clogged pores. I am still using Retin-A in the evenings and Duac in the mornings. I couldn't be happier. I just hope it lasts.

by reem.zm on 06/01/2017 11:37
Doesn't that routine dry your skin out a lot? I've been using Duac in the evenings and my skin is super dry in the morning so I use a very hyrdrating moisturiser in the morning :/
Worked well for a few months
Reviewed on May 9, 2017

I got prescribed this gel last summer for mild-moderate acne. The medication starting working within a few weeks, and my skin was 80% clear within a month of use. I didn't have any major side effects while using this cream aside from some dry skin in the first few weeks. Unfortunately this product stopped working for me after about 4 or 5 months of use. I took a break from using it while on vacation for a week (this gel increases sun sensitivity) and when I started using it again on my return, I ended breaking out again and not clearing up anymore. I think it might be due to the fact that it's an antibiotic, and therefore the bacteria on your skin can eventually become resistant if the gel isn't used regularly.

Tough and strong
Reviewed on January 27, 2017

I have been using Duac for years. Using only pin drop amounts on the pore head of each pimple. Time consuming for sure but at least I don't burn my face to pieces the way I did when I didn't know any better and first started using it. Also, even though I have a brand new prescription I keep an expired tube when I need to use on a larger area so it's not as strong. But what I believe really helps - for all the users who have the red marks after - ask for a prescription of Tazorac. I use the strongest formula .01% - it's like using RetinA but it also conditions the skin at the same time. And when I use it consistently I can actually peel fine layers off.

I hope this helps someone else.

And for the person who left a note about not using makeup . . . when I lived in NYC my dermatologist insisted I use foundation to keep the dirt out of my pores. And it worked!!! He was a dermatologist for the top models in NY and he saved my skin.

Good luck to everyone! Happy skin!

by 59i on 01/27/2017 04:05
BTW, he recommended Cover Girl!
Only thing that worked for me
Reviewed on October 19, 2016

This worked amazing hand in hand with minocycline it took around 3 or 4 months but it's cleared my not mostly but COMPLETELY I have recently stopped mono. Keeping up with the gel hoping it was helping me the most. So far okay had an increase in small spots. Try to use both but duac does work pretty damn well!