Dr. Bronner's Castile Liquid Soap Reviews

Brand: Dr. Bronner's

Dr. Bronner's Castile Liquid Soap

OMG

Made an account simply to review this product. I had suffered with acne from age 11-21, from small whiteheads to huge cystic pimples. I spent my time researching and trying all sorts of remedies. I told myself as soon as I found a system that worked, I would post to help others. And FINALLY I found it!! My skin is almost completely clear and smooth. Here's the routine. Morning: -cleanse with unscented Dr. Bronner's liquid castile soap -moisturize with jojoba oil Night: -remove makeup with jojoba oil and steaming hot washcloth -cleanse with Dr. Bronner's -moisturize with jojoba -apply a thin layer of vaseline all over face I SWEAR this routine has transformed my skin! Please give it a try!

Omg! I am so glad I found your review!!! I am using the Dr. Bronner's bar soap with lavender hemp (have been for about a month now) and just ordered organic Leven Rose Jojoba oil!!! I also have been using organic rosehip oil as well. I am excited to try the jobabo oil but also nervous. I have been so desperate to clear my face! I am 23 and have always have mild/moderate acne but this past summer my face went insane!!! I had giant cysts all along my chin, jawline, and now cheeks. I am not aure what caused it although I did use some new oil spray gel for tanning and perhaps it clogged my pores majorly? Idk! But thanks to your review, I am hopeful that the jojoba oil will work for me!! The rosehip has been pretty good as far as no new acne and it seems to work some for the left over dark spots (mine are horrible). I am hoping using the Dr. Bronner's bar soap, jojoba oil, and rosehip oil work to completely clear my acne and spots!! Thanks for writing your review and giving me hopes!! :) Congrats on your newly improved skin, as well!!! I know it is exciting to finally see clear skin so go you!!!

Dried skin

Did nothing but dry out skin.

Comments

Love it so far but makes me oily

Hi! I just started using the tea tree oil one maybe a week and a half ago and I really like it but I noticed my skin has gotten a bit more oily since starting to use this. Is anyone else having this issue?

Calming and soothing

I've been using this soap for about a week and most of my blemishes and scars have disappeared! As for my active pimples, they aren't nearly as red as they were. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT FOR PEOPLE WIRH DRY SKIN!!!

which one did you use?

Skin seems to have calmed down a lot!

Just recieved a bottle of Dr bronners baby castile soap unscented. I used it to wash my face and it has calmed down my spots and super sensitive skin. I'm impressed!

Amazing!

I've been using the Tea Tree and Hemp version for my mild chest acne and can't rate it highly enough! The red bumps have subsided massively and now I only get the occasional spot. Incredible stuff. If you've suffered with chest acne give this a go, it's amazing!

The Holy Grail

First and foremost, I think I have to address the following before giving my review on the castile liquid soap: I'm almost out of my teens completely and I've had problematic skin since I was about 11 years old (sixth grade/middle school). I recently ordered the regimen (along with Jojoba oil and AHA) in January as a Christmas gift to myself/new year, new me type of motivation. I'm approaching three months on this regimen in less than two weeks and let me tell you, this system has done wonders for my poor skin. I have oily skin, hyperpigmentation around my mouth, acne scars, and mild to moderate acne. I've tried drugstore products, Proactiv, and I even made trips to the dermatologist. Nothing worked until I stumbled across this site. I'm forever thankful for Dan and his team! I recently purchased Hemp Rose and Tea Tree Castile Liquid Soap from Dr. Bronner's to clear up the few bumps I had on my chest and shoulders. Guys, IT IS AMAZEBALLS!!!! It cleanses completely without over drying, it's affordable, it lasts forever, and it's EFFECTIVE! In exactly nine days, all of the bumps I had were gone and my skin was silky smooth. I've yet to put these products on my face because I want to wait until my skin is completely clear before doing so, but there's no doubt in my mind that these bottles will work wonders and keep my face pretty and clear!

What is your regimen using this soaps and the aha? I seem to have all of the same problems and I went years trying new products that just does. It works for me. I do have this soap that I wanna try. I have the peppermint hemp oil kind. Also I bought some aha alpha lotion with 10 glycolic. Do you use just the aha or does it have glycolic in it? Not sure about using that for my skin. I have medication that I don't believe is working. I have adapalene been using it for a few mo the now. I really see no change. I'm getting new breakout and scars from it. Let me know!

Good for DIY

Works great on DIY products for cleaning supplies and for body washes. It however I don't think it works good on my face.

all time favorite

staple in my bathroom. i use this all over face and body. including washing my hair. smells great, cleanses very well. no fuss. i have only tried it on laundry but it did the job. relaxing. oh, may be a little drying, so recommend using conditioner and moisturizer immediately after.

love this cleanser

I love this as a body wash. You only need to use a little and you get a lot of suds without your skin being dried out. The rose smell is subtle and lovely. It is really cheap and you can choose between a few different sized containers. The only downside is having to choose between the different scents!

hg!

i love this stuff. i have tried a few and the tea tree one is by far my favorite. i started using the bar soap version and just recently picked up the bottle of tea tree soap and was so impressed. the bottle version is 100x stronger and works amazing! if you try it and its too strong for you or have really sensitive skin, try the bar, its amazing too.

GREAT

Best stuff!!! I love it. I do dilute it or else it can be drying, but that just means more product for the money! Lavender is my personal favorite, because it smells so lovely. Almond is my second favorite. I had a few back and chest blemishes from coming off bcp and this soap cleared them up wonderfully. This stuff just works for me and I have tried everything!

Love it

I use the almond one, but the peppermint is also good. The scent is sweet without being saccarine. It is really well and cleans effectively. It leaves my skin feeling almost squeaky clean in a way that mainstream body washes and even Dove bar soaps never do. Hence, moisturizer is a must after this stuff. Love it nd I will never buy other soap other than this.

must have!

Dr Bronners is my favorite soap ever I use it for everything. I can basically do anything with them from face cleaner to house cleanser. Must have!

wow

i love this soap. I use it exclusively on my body, and my face as well. it can remove make up very well and the price is reasonable. this stuff is great i would recommend!

Comments

Thank Goodness, I've found it!!!!

Ok so a little information on me and my type of acne first. I am 21 years old and have always had clear skin. However, I was always on birth control too since I was about 13. After recently getting married and wanting to start a family, I had my mirena birth control removed. After this, my faced hated me. I pretty much broke out one day, and everyday after that it continued to get worse and worse and worse. I had huge painful cysts and whiteheads all around my mouth, cheeks, and chin. Every morning I would be scared to look in the mirror and see what new monsters the night had brought to my face. Sometimes, I was so embarrassed at the way I looked I called into work and said I was sick. My husband started to get frustrated with me because all I ever did was obsess over the way my face looked, and I spent all my free time researching new ways to cure my acne and testing them out in the bathroom. Somehow though, I came across this soap and read all the reviews. So I went out to target and bought some of the tea tree kind, and a small bottle of tea tree oil and I can tell you.... ITS AWESOME!!!! My acne is actually clearing! Like really really clearing!!! I just use a couple drops of this in the morning and at night, and then I spot treat with the tea tree oil. It can be a little over drying, but considering how oily my skin is I love the way it feels. In the morning time, I will use a light oil free moisturizer and combat some of the dryness if I feel that its bothering me that day. But seriously, my redness is subsiding, the pimples I did have are shrinking and minimized, and its keeping new acne from forming. I've only had a couple new pimples in the last few weeks of using this, and I'm hoping it will just continue to get better and better. I have also switched over to using a BB Cream by Garnier that is supposed to help reduce and clear acne.... I really like it. It covers better than most foundations and it doesn't clog my pores as long as I can take it off with makeup remover at the end of the night. Anyway, that's just some additional silly information. Some other things I would like to mention is I have also started guzzling a ton of water throughout the day, and I try and drink a couple cups of green tea everyday too. In addition to this I have tried to clean my diet, and cut out most dairy products (its impossible to cut out all, and I love cheese), and incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my meals. Another thing... exercise. I had started exercising and really breaking a sweat at least 3 times a week and I've seen improvement. Plus, it just makes you feel better about yourself. All of these things combined though, with Dr. Bronners soap and tea tree oil... I'm amazed. And I'm so happy I don't have to feel afraid to have someone look at my face anyway. Last but not least... Please remember not to obsess over your acne. I know its difficult, but the more you obsess and worry about it the worse it's going to end up being. Try and remember that every single person on the planet has something they are self conscious about, and not every person has clear and beautiful skin. We all have imperfections, but we are all beautiful in our own special ways. Hope this post helped. Xoxox

How long did it take for you to see improvement?

Better than $100 products I've bought in the past.

I never had a ton of problems with my skin until I hit my twenties. I got horrible cystic acne and nothing seemed to help. I went to a dermatologist and began using prescription gels and creams as well as simply using cetaphil for sensitive skin. Those things helped, a lot, but after my skin calmed down it just never looked beautiful...it was semi-dry and looked dull and slightly red. I later switched to the brand Ole Henrickson, which was lovely. I loved it but it was breaking the bank for me (products only lasted about a month and cost up over $100). I had friends pushing other skin care products my way and decided I would try an all-natural method before I started spending hundreds on those other products. Truthfully, this product is better than any other product I have ever used. My skin is no longer red, it is moisturized, and clear. I dilute mine with water (although I use the citrus one), almond oil, green tea, and vitamin E oil into a foaming cleanser. I then follow up with a moisturizer. I'm 28 now and I'm finally experiencing the best skin of my life.

Hi Lindsay, Did you suffer from severe acne?

Holy Cow. Amazing!

I was getting a little disappointed with the Boscia black scrub I was using, so I wanted to try something cheaper. My skin has never felt cleaner. I use this with Fresh Farmacy and Mask of Magnaminty by Lush, and my skin is currently looking amazing, compared to what it used to look like even two weeks ago. The peppermint soap is the way to go, it really draws the toxins out of your skin while the hemp oil moisturizes and soothes the skin! Make sure that when you use it, you only use a couple drops and dilute it, and give it at least two weeks to see results.

Comments

Really wanted to love this

I really, really wanted to love this since it has received such rave reviews. Unfortunately, it caused irritation on my upper back and face, and I ended up breaking out in little bumps and pimples in these areas. It also left my skin really dry. I tried the mint/original version as well as the lavender but both did not yield any good results anywhere on my body for me. :(

Comments

Cleared 80%-90% of body acne.

By that, I had acne all on chest from my shoulder plates down to my lower back and side of my arms. I was using this product for a week and didn't see any improvement, still was breaking out as usual on my body. But in 2-3 months it cleared like 85% of my body acne, I'll get just a few little ones compared what I had before. Says 5 stars, but I'll give it a 4.2 because it cleared up most of it, but now my whole body is covered in scars, very dark scars specially my back, but at least they can finally heal. :) I used it on my face, but made me brake out, Ive always had cystic acne, so i stopped and went and tried it on my body, but then I read its normal for your skin to break out at first when using a new product that's why you don't keep changing products, messes you up. After I saw what the product did to my body, now I'm starting to use it on my face again. It's been a week and my cystic acne is drying up. It's sooo good. I'm still trying to search for my 100% acne cure. My face is gross. I want to get rid of all these deep scars/cystic acne. Go buy this product, give it a try! It's so good! Best I've found. :)

Update on the face thing. Didn't work, but on the body still going how I described it :)
Try Acutane. It's working wonders for my daughter. Most people never have acne again. It basically cures it!

Dr.Bronner's Citrus Orange. Back is finally clear.

As a 27 year old active male,I've tried everything short of accutane for the acne on my back. The Rx glycolic treatments worked great on the acne but my skin never felt healthy and the acne came back <6 months after the bottles were empty. Settled on the Neutrogena acne body wash a couple years to basically just tame the intensity of the breakouts. They were always there, and I was embarrassed, but at least they all weren't bright red and angry. Been using Dr.B's peppermint for years as my everyday body wash for everywhere but my back (Neutrogena) and face (the aroma irritated my eyes). Tried it on my back and it did not improve and possibly worsened my acne. My gf got me the Dr. Bronner's Citrus Orange about a month ago just as a change of pace. Shortly thereafter I ran out of acne wash and decided to try the citrus orange on my back because I remembered a grapefruit body wash I'd tried years ago and thought maybe the citrus would keep the acne calm until I could get some more acne wash. Three days in of just showering once in the morning and my skin felt noticeably healthier and I had no new breakouts. A month has passed and my back that has been broken out for over a decade is almost completely clear. There are just one or two very small pimples on my shoulder blades, historically the worst area. I love this soap. The skin is smooth and soft, and just feels better. I go shirtless all the time around the house now, something I never did before, even though I was in good shape. I imagine its effects may eventually wane, but as-it-stands, this is the fastest, most effective and mildest remedy I have used. I apologize for the lengthy post, just had to share the good news.

Comments

Finally! My adult acne is under control!!

I'm almost 30 and I've had cystic acne on my forehead and temple area for about 10 years. My skin was never really bad, but it was never clear either. I always had at least two big blemishes at a time that would leave dark marks when they finally went away. I thought I would just have to deal with it for the rest of my life or until my skin finally decided to behave. I came across these reviews via Pinterest and I thought it was too good to be true. I've been a Dr. Bonner's user for years. I've used it for scrubbing my tub and for making homemade laundry detergent, but I never thought about putting it on my face. Who knew the answer to my annoying adult acne was right under my kitchen sink?? I've been using it twice a day for about two weeks now and I haven't gotten any new cysts, and the cysts and blemishes that I had when I started using it have gone away or been drastically reduced. It's definitely worth a try and I hope it continues to work!

I would also like to add that in the past, when I tried to take control of my skin, I would change a lot of things. I'd buy different products, makeup, or even try changing my diet. This time the only thing I changed was my cleanser. I started using the castille soap, but kept all my other face products and diet the same. It was definitely the Dr. Bonner's that did the trick! Also, it's been 3 weeks and my face is till clear with no new blemishes!
Which scent did you buy?
If all you changed was your cleanser then I wonder if it was that your face was never really being cleaned properly. I have heard about micro-pigments being stuck in your pores after wearing makeup and never washing off properly. I'm starting to think this might be my issue too.

Dr. Bronners is awesome!

I am 40 years old and over the last few years i have suffered with acne. Stress and hormonal. I am very light skinned and any acne that i get leaves blemishes. I often had my worst breakouts on my jaws. It looked awful and covered with makeup, my skin did not look smooth. I also suffered from oiliness in my Tzone. Ive been to the dermatologist, pills, creams, washes...nothing was working. It would clear up and be back in a week or sometimes, days. I was watching youtube on how to cover acne with makeup and somehow I ran up on a video about this soap and acne. So i searched for more videos and ended up purchasing the Peppermint soap, Evening primrose oil supplements, Oil of Olay face brush (spinning kind-forget the exact name) and African Black Soap. I washed my face that first night with the Peppermint soap/brush. Then I lather in my hand the black soap and rinsed all product off my face. I only use the black soap once or twice a week. It exfoliates-alot and can be irritating if overused. I suffered from hyperpigmentation on my jaws from the acne so I used Neutrogena rapid tone repair as a moisturizer. Only takes two pumps and it moisturized with the oilness and works wonders under makeup. I alternated this product with Garnier Dark spot cream, another great product. Works wonders. In the am i washed my face with the peppermint soap and moisturize with Cetaphil Oil free moisturizer because it has SPF 30 i think. I take Evening Primrose oil twice a day. One in the am, one at night. My face is clearing!!!!!! I noticed a difference by night 3. My jaws are smooth and I may have a small break out around that time of the month but even that is more manageable now and they dont leave spots! I am so in love with this soap and it has worked wonders and is building my confidence back up! I now stay in the mirror or taking selfies and hardly using no filters!!! Results may vary but I am so glad i found this soap and i could hug Dr. Bronner. This soap does work! I love it. I dont even need foundation or hardly any concealer anymore, all i use is Bare Minerals powder with a Kabuki brush and my skin just glows. Please, please try this product! Something so simple and inexpensive was my light at the end of the tunnel for my acne problems!

Comments

made things a lot worse for me.

I used this soap for a few weeks, the acne org regimen eventually stopped working for me and I was looking for something new. Since so many people raved about this, I gave it a try. It threw my skin completely out of whack. Completely dried out and painful and angry pimples. Tired of trying things and ending up with new scars, I decided to go to the dermatologist and she immediately pulled out the big guns (the 'tane) when I told her everything I have tried and how consistent I am with my regimens. Before I even started, she suggested using a gentle cleanser (cetaphil, etc) only. As soon as I switched, my skin completely calmed down. Please go to a dermatologist if you are having problems finding something that works for you. I very much regret spending years trying to find my own way out. Silly when there's people out there who have dedicated their lifes to learning about skin.

Lavender Dr. Bronner's

I use 3-5 drops of the liquid lavender soap to wash my face mornings and nights. With just a few drops, I'm able to get a nice lather that rinses away easily with a few splashes. Using more than a few drops caused serious sensitivity and over-drying. Since I started using this about a month ago I've only had two new spots form - one from hormones and the other from the thick lip treatment I use at night. This is amazing for me. These new spots are even healing more quickly than before. Old spots are healing well but are still visible. Blackheads are shrinking. My skin is much softer. The scent is nice and relaxing. I would definitely recommend this soap to anyone and everyone. I've struggled with acne for more than a decade and this is the only product I've found that clears my skin without giving me reptile-dry skin.

Popular Cleansers/Washes