Doxycycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.4/5 - 1263 reviews

Brand: Doxycycline

Doxycycline Product Pictured:
100mg of Doxycycline Hyclate.

Lactose monohydrate; microcrystalline cellulose; sodium lauryl sulfate; sodium chloride; talc; anhydrous lactose; corn starch; crospovidone; magnesium stearate; cellulosic polymer coating.

Doxycycline Oral Antibiotic

Worked brilliantly for a while
Reviewed on September 13, 2017

I took 100mg daily and had clear skin for 6 months. Cleared up my acne within a fortnight. It was amazing.

No real side effects unless I took one on an empty stomach - awful nausea would follow. So I only made that mistake a couple of times. Really good treatment but I found they stopped working after 6 months so then it was back to the drawing board...

Didn't work for me
Reviewed on August 23, 2017

I was on Doxy for 2 months and there was minimal effect on my cheeks, and no effect on other parts of my face and body. I continued to break out during the 2 months, especially the week before my period. I broke out with cystic and nodular acne on my jaw (which was an area I have never had acne before) and on my chin.

But one good thing resulting from Doxy was that my skin became VERY smooth, like a baby. I've never had skin this smooth in my life.

I have now been prescribed with Roaccutane, hopefully it works out!

Just started on this
Reviewed on July 31, 2017

I have some weird acnes on my chin..i think they are cystic because sometimes they pain and appears like a big red bump. I have started taking the doxy med from last week along with retino-A (night) and morning acne cream. Till now, no improvements have been seen. but if mistakenly touch them they feels like some kind of sharpness on their head. Can't Explain sorry...

After using them, i feel like some burning on my face when i apply sunscreen and BB cream,.dont why..it feels i am spreading red chilli on my face :D

Also, it makes lips so dry and chapped..I am hoping to have good results after going through such horrific experience.

By the way i am taking medicine during my lunch which includes no Dairy. AVOID TAKING DAIRY BEFORE AND AFTER 2 HOURS OF TAKING THIS PILL!!!!

Will update if any there will be any improvement

Worst idea for my skin!
Reviewed on June 28, 2017

After fighting a skin discolouration on my trunk (stomach and back) and being misdiagnosed all my life I finally discovered what is was - a bacteria that killed the pigmentation in my skin. i was put on doxycycline for 2 months along with light treatment to even out the pigmentation. i was fine and perfect after the 2 months - it was actually the first time i've seen my trunk without discolouration as long as i can remember (I'm 29 now). however, my doctor put me on doxy for an additional month, so in total i was on it for 3 months.

my face all my life was perfect - never had acne, i would prob have 5 pimples a year and prob bc of that time of the month. I was also on the ZO Skin Medical Care line - a top skin care line from Dr. Zein Obagi.

However, i noticed that while i was on the doxy i would get some bumps on my face and light break outs but it wasn't bad and i thought the ZO line was just purging my skin. However, after 4 months on the ZO line your skin is supposed to be flawless so I ruled this out (as my 4 months on ZO was gone but i was on doxy for about 3 months at this point).

After my third and final month of doxy - the week i came off my face blew up with inflamed cystic acne like i've never seen before. Now to be in your late 20's with this after never having acne was my worst nightmare. i was literally going crazy and going into a depression - here i was - someone who always got complimented on my skin now having painful cystic acne at 29. i didn't go into the office, i even felt ashamed for my family to see me. i know this sounds shallow but it was a lot to deal with bc it was so sudden and severe. Doxy fixed one problem (the discolouration caused by bacteria on my trunk area) but caused another. tbh had i known this would happen i would prob choose to live with the discolouration.

Luckily my derm is amazing and world renowned- she is trained by Dr. Obagi himself - I'm now on my second month of roaccutane because of this anti biotic and on the ZO line for acne treatment now. i always get weekly extractions and kenalog injections as my skin is still transitioning. there's a major improvement. my first week on roaccutane just purged everything out and my derm also put me on steroid tablets and another anti-b for a week to reduce any inflammation which worked like a charm. after a month of my acne being cystic they finally started to form white heads. also now everything has completely flatten - I'm on day 45 (approx) of the roaccutane. i get the one pesky pimple some days but they quickly turn to a whitehead. But i have alottttt of scarring from my blow up episode post doxy that I'm currently peeling away with the ZO products. its taking a while and I'm being so impatient as i just want to be back to normal again.

My derm says i have about a month again - fingers crossed i get back to having clear skin as i have to wear make up to hide my scarring.

Please anyone using or about to use doxy- be careful - it was the worst decision I've ever made for my skin! I've been in hiding for 2 months now and well I'm getting better i'm now getting out and being social again (with loads of make up to hide my scars).

great but WARNING!!
Reviewed on June 1, 2017

so i was on doxy for about a month and a half with retina cream and it was great my acne was going away and my acne scars were fading. but suddenly i started having upper stomach pains and trouble swallowing- feeling almost like acid reflex. i thought to myself that it couldn't possibly be the medicine. but i went to my derm and she proved me wrong- apparently you aren't supposed to be taking this medicine at night- it will mess up your stomach big time!! I now have to wait a week for my stomach to heal in order to take it again- but now I know that you're supposed to take it while you're up and moving so it can digest properly! I hope this helps a lot of y'all! I can't wait to get back on this pill, though. Ever since i've been off it- my face has broken out big time :( but please be careful taking this pill!

Never!
Reviewed on May 28, 2017

Wouldn't recommend this for anyone suffering from acne. Took it for two months and it did literally nothing. It worsened my acne after I stopped taking it as I didn't see any results

terrible
Reviewed on May 23, 2017

used it for only 2 months because it broke me out along my jawline like never before

i had huge deep cystic pimples when i've only ever had small whiteheads and hardly as many

took myself off of it before it got any worse

by As123 on 05/24/2017 23:03
KarolSmith, it is said that your acne could get worse before it improves, and it's estimated that visible improvements may not even be noticed til three to six months.
Early days yet
Reviewed on May 18, 2017

Early days yet. I went to my GP a week ago about my acne rosacea and he gave me a referral to a dermatologist, as well as something (Doxycycline) to treat my skin til I go to the derm. I've only been on it a week but I haven't experienced any side effects and I always take it with food, never on an empty stomach since you can develop stomach ulcers.

Anyway, I'll keep you guys updated about my success and wish the best for me.

Been working well
Reviewed on May 13, 2017

I started on this pill 2 months ago, and I've seen positive results. When I started on it, my acne was horrible - especially around the jaw, chin, and forehead. I'd get new pimples every day and they were always very red, swollen and painful (and would keep coming in the some spots). Within 3 weeks, I started seeing my face clearing up. Of course now and then, I still get a small pimple, but it does not get as swollen and disappears much faster. I have not suffered from any of the negative side effects associated with this antibiotic, so it's definitely been a positive experience so far! For topical treatment, I've also been using a vitamin A cream (Differin) at night, and I think the combination of these two have really been helping, especially with fading my old acne marks. I know your body tends to build up resistance to antibiotics eventually - so far it hasn't happened, but we will have to wait and see.

Doxycycline and Retin- A
Reviewed on May 13, 2017

I have been on this prescription medicine and Retin-A cream for about 7 weeks. The first 6 weeks were tough for me. I definitely went through the "purging" stage and experienced some bad break outs. Once i reached this week, week 7, i can see a HUGE difference in my skin. My acne is mostly small to medium sized white heads on my forehead and around my mouth/chin. This week my entire chin is cleared up along with my forehead being clear but also with a few minimal pimples near my mouth which are hardly noticeable. The only thing that bothers me is the redness and hyper pigmentation that is left behind after each breakout that you get. This is most likely due to the cream i put on overnight because the cream, Retin-A, works with the surface of the skin while doxycycline works with your body internally. Overall i would definitely recommend waiting out on this product even though it may take a few weeks for it to kick in. Seeing this progress with my skin is super encouraging and i can't wait to see what it looks like when it clears completely and all the redness fades. Don't lose faith on this medicine!! Wait it out before giving up too soon.