Page 2 of Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive reviews
Read or post reviews on thousands of acne products & treatments.
Cyproterone acetate 2 mg and Ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg.
Cornstarch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, and Talc.
Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Glycerol, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, and Wax.
The list of ingredients above is provided for informational purposes only. Always check the actual product label in your possession for the most accurate ingredient information due to product changes or upgrades that may not yet be reflected on our web site.
Where to buy
Acne.org is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.
[The prices listed above may change at any time and in some cases do not include shipping.]
It took 3 months for me to see an improvement but now my skin is the best it's been in years. I used to constantly get large, painful cysts around my mouth and chin but I haven't had one for about a month. This month I didn't even get a breakout on my period. This is the only medication that has worked for my hormonal acne.
I did not have any side effects and I finally feel comfortable going out without makeup! I just hope that my skin doesn't get worse after I stop taking it.
I'm just starting my 3rd month taking this pill, I can tell there are some improvement by now but nothing extraordinary. my skin is definitely a lot softer than how it used to be, but I'm still not totally acne-free. I'm very positive about Diane, so I'm still gonna take it for now, will update later!
I started using this product 5 months ago. I had milde to severe acne on my cheeks and on my chin. My forehead was quite clear. First month was brilliant. No new whiteheads or pimpels at all. But then boom, month 3 was the worst. My face was covered in acne. I never had that much acne at once. One day I was losing hope but still hoped for a change. Then the end of month 4 was the time where my acne totally backed off. My skin started to improve so much, and I didnt worried about it at all. Now it's the ending of month 5, and my skin is better then ever. Still have to deal with some little scaring and redness, but acne is gone so far. You will still get some whiteheads around your period, that is pretty normal ever for a perso without acne. I can only say, that dont give up too soon. This is not a over the night product, it conteins hormons your body needs to get used to it.
I'm on the 2nd month taking this pill and i'm going for the third, I sincerely don't see much difference. My skin of the face was clear before but then i had stress and my period was causing me acne and I am a hairy girl so i decided to take this pill. My hair and skin are less greasy but i still get hormonal acnee, i even have a cyst and nodules and bumps over my face and even behind my ears and on my shoulders and back and sometimes lower back that i never had before and believe me it is all so painful. I will give it a chance and i will keep taking this pill until the 6th month and if i don't see improvement i will have to stop taking this pill. Althought i noticed the hair of my legs grow slower after waxing than before but my skin has been causing me pain because of hormonal acne, it puts me down everytime i feel a bit of pain on my shoulder or back and notice it's a new cyst and the scars they leave is just horrible :(
Iv been on this pill for a week now and already ended up in the hospital due to severe pains on left side doctor said taking this and with hormones changing that im going to get contractions , this has been 4 days and now today im sick and dizzy anyone else have any side effects like this ??
My doctor just prescribed this medicine for me (Diane 35). I've never tried anything like this before. I have acne, extra hair on my chin area, and my period is irregular. I am only worried this will make me gain a lot of weight. Also, I'm worried it will affect my mood and sleeping. Please help me out with the symptoms.
I didn't have bad acne to begin with but as a 23 year old, I just got sick of still having pimples. My doctor prescribed me Diane 35 and from that moment is when life became hell, well for my skin anyway. The first three months broke me out so much - which seems to be the norm looking at other reviews. After the initial 3 months, my skin started clearing up however I was left with so many scars. Around the 5th month I stopped producing oil (I have oily sensitive skin normally) and my skin became so dry. 6th month and it was so irritated and flaky! I haven't gone off Diane 35 yet as I know that will break me out again. The struggles are real.
Before I start taking Diane 35, I was very skeptical about it, especially after reading all those negative side effects. To give you an idea of the severity of my acne problem, I had tried out a handful of different oral antibotics for almost a year, all the tropical treatments, and almost the OTC remedy/skincare/vitamin etc. You name it, I have tried it!!!!. My dermatologist was happy to prescribe me with Accutane, in fact, he even said that it would be a good option for me if I want my skin to clear up forever. I have consulted him about taking oral contraceptive, yet he said it wouldn't be too useful/permanently clear up my face. Above all, tho my period are not very regular, I dont have much cysts but mainly tons of small=medium pimples all over my face except my nose area. They do not really look like hormonal acne.
I have struggled with acne for so long, it has ruined my social life and self-confidence, and almost turned me into a difference person. I can't stand it anymore, and before going into Accutane, I decided to give this a try.
And GUYS THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!!!! My face is cleared up within 3 months!!!!!! I felt like I have waited too long to try this out! I still have small pimples here and there, whiteheads, redness and all that. But at least my skin is smooth again!
Regarding the side effects, yes, there are some side effects but it's not as scary as it may sound. For first month, I have experienced continuous spotting for like a good 10-15 days, sore (and bigger) breast, a bit migraine for a couple days and during the 7-day breaks (but nothing a painkiller couldn't deal with) , and just some pretty bad mood swing. However, there's no major discomfort of any sort. And my skin was better than ever. Plus most of the side effects got better once your body are well-adjusted to the drug.
I didn't gain any weight at all, in fact, I started to work out more while I was on the drug. I lost some weight and now have slightly bigger boobs.
For any girls who's suffering adult acne out there (ATTENTION: ADULT ACNE), give this drug a try before taking Accutane. Maybe it would take some time to work, maybe it's might not a permanent solution (touchwood), it did help regulate your hormone level and that really helps with your acne.
So I'm doing a lot of things to control my horrible onset of cystic hormonal acne. I mistakenly went off of birth control after having been on it for 12 years and my skin went crazy. I'm almost at the end of my second pack and things finally seem to be under control. I now mostly have hyperpigmentation. Up until recently, my skin was awful and I'm pretty sure starting this birth control made things way worse. I also want to note that I DO NOT SKIP A WEEK OR TAKE THE SUGAR PILLS. Obviously this will just throw your hormones off again so if you want faster results, just keep taking the active pills for a while. Most importantly, DON'T STOP TAKING THEM NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE TELL YOU. This will seriously make things worse. Ride it out. You might get lucky and it might work for you in 2-3 months. If it doesn't, just keep going for up to six months and consider my suggestions below to help you along the way. SO...In addition to birth control, this is what seems to have worked for me. And trust me I have tried EVERYTHING and spent countless hours researching this. I'm also a nurse and doing a research PhD so I am providing you all with what I believe to be the best information and tips I've come across. Good luck!
1) I'm on my 6th week of Doxycycline
2) ICE! Every morning I ice my spots. This really helps reduce size and inflammation and there are no risks
3) Green tea (loose leaf organic. I drink it and apply the leafs to my face 5 days a week), I also take ECGC green tea extract pills. Clinical studies prove that this works for acne. So if you're going the green tea route check that the ECGC content is high. It's typically higher in loose leaf teas. Otherwise just buy the extract pills.
4) NO DAIRY, SOY, GLUTEN, or OILS (except coconut oil). I also started a VEGAN DIET
5) CETAPHIL products- I stopped washing with water and only wash with the foam cleanser, it seems weird but I find that it significantly reduces redness. I also only wash once per day if I'm not wearing make up. I moisturize once per day with the day SPF moisturizer.
6) MAKE UP: Physicians formula non-talc liquid mineral make up. I researched every ingredient in several products and this was the best product I found. I had to import it from the US (I'm living in Australia at the moment). I also have not worn any make up on my skin for 2 weeks. I am on a school break and had 2 weeks off of work because I was supposed to go on vacation but had to cancel because my skin got so bad. Sad I know but things are finally clearing and I've been able to work on my PhD thesis from home...I also learned to cook. So if you also plan to isolate yourself, MAKE THE MOST OF IT!! There is light at the end of the tunnel.
7) 2.5 % BENZOYL PEROXIDE: I had given up on harsh topicals because my skin is so freakin sensitive and I found that Differin, Retin A, and anything over 2.5% BP made my skin look so much worse. However, 2.5% is PERFECT! it even reduces the look of the redness when it's applied. If I have to go out I have it on my pimples and I honestly don't care. It's probably only noticeable up close.
8) LOWER YOUR STRESS: Seriously ladies this is so important. Especially if your acne is hormonal. One night i was freaking out because I was supposed to go on vacation to visit a beautiful Greek boy I know and woke up with 4 new spots. Three of them were cystic. I've found that since cancelling and relaxing at home my acne is much better.
9) VITAMINS: Ok so I'm a little ridiculous when it comes to this and I now have a pharmacy in my room. But these are the best vitamins and supplements for acne. As a disclaimer, I wouldn't recommend always taking the Vitamin A like I have been doing because it can cause liver damage. So on that note: 1) Vitamin A- Retinyl Palmitate: I am mega dosing on these. So for the past three weeks I've been taking 10 a day. I realize there are risks with this but I've been getting my liver enzymes checked and I am fully aware of the signs of vitamin A toxicity. You could just try taking 1-2 per day. The logic behind this is that Accutane is a derivative of vitamin A in huge quantities. Mega dosing can really help some people. 2) Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide): this is the active ingredient is most expensive skin brightening/hyperpigmentation creams. I also break the caps and rub them right on my acne scars 3) Vitamin C: I mega dose with this as well. It tastes delicious and there are no risks with toxicity. I also have this in powder form (Skinstitute brand) and put directly on acne scars 4) Vitamin E. 4) Saw Palmetto (also great for hair) 5) Liquid Silica (also great for hair) 5) Omega 3 fish oil (also great for hair) 6) Zinc
Ok my friends this is all of the advice I have. If I had to pick and choose from this list I would prioritize antibiotics to help you get through the initial break out phase on this birth control, Ice, green tea extract or loose leaf organic tea, and Vitamin A Retinyl Palmitate. Feel free to e mail me with any questions: email@example.com (John is the beginning of my last name. My name is Shev). Cheers!