Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive Reviews

Brand: Diane-35

Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive

Literally the worst medical decision I have ever made - please reconsider!

I was first recommended Diane 35 when I was 15 as I was showing signs of PCOS: acne, excess body hair, severe cramps, oily, etc. I read reviews online and I didn't feel comfortable taking it yet. Once I turned 20, I decided I would give it a shot. My acne was moderate, but not severe, so I was hoping Diane 35 would clear it up while helping my cramps and body hair. It was great at first - I took it and a few months later my acne was completely gone. My cramps were under control and my body hair was about the same. After a year on the pill, I had seriously perfect skin. After about a year and a half on Diane 35, I started to develop sensitivity to light. I was getting migraines. I started to have horrible leg cramps and panic attacks. I ended up in the ER one night and the doctor said to get off Diane 35, so I did. Things were fine for three months. I noticed I started getting a bit of acne again and knew it was because I was off Diane. But then I got more. And more, and more. The acne was cystic and covered my entire face and chest, it was horrible. Like, when you google acne pictures and see the really severe ones. Way worse than anything I had before. I tried waiting it out for 6 months but after not having the confidence to leave the house, I went back to my doctor. I tried Alesse, but it did nothing. Ortho Tri-Cyclen, but it didn't help. Antibiotics, nope. Retin-A made things 10x worse. I finally broke down and said I needed to be back on Diane. Sure enough, a few months later and my acne had cleared, but I was left with severe scarring. Things were fine for about 6 months, and then I started to get the same symptoms that led me to get off Diane in the first place. My heart would beat way too fast, head hurts, couldn't be under any fluorescent lights, leg cramps, depression. Once again - back in the ER for DVT testing. I knew I couldn't stay on Diane but I felt like a prisoner to it. I did my own research and thought I would try transitioning off it by starting Spironolactone. I asked my doctor for 100g and took it immediately after stopping Diane. It worked, but spiro gave me crazy nausea. I would throw up every morning for 6 months. I'm now 24, I've been on spiro for two years, and my skin is manageable but not perfect like it was on Diane. My periods aren't regular on spiro though and now I'm experiencing a ton of hair loss, which has been another nightmare. If I could go back, I would have never started Diane 35. I wish I took all those reviews I read online to heart; that you become a slave to it. Without spiro, my acne flares up. If I ever want kids one day, I will have to get off the spiro. Especially if you are young, please try other methods before messing with your hormones. What I had wasn't bad but Diane 35 changed my life forever. Hopefully my story can prevent one girl from going through the same.

Feels Good

Diane 35 really increases my sex drive. Everyday I feel so [censored - inappropriate content] and [censored - inappropriate content].

Great!

I think it is great! I originally got put on this with accutane (and my acne wasn't reaally that bad, but you need to take birth control with accutane and this is what my doctor put me on). I've been on it for 4 years now and had no regrets (yes the articles about people dying from blood clots freak me out every now and then). Not only has it completely cleared, and kept my acne at bay, but it reduced my facial hair (not that it was crazy). I think it is great. Made my gain weight a little bit (in places I'm okay with), and I don't think it has affected my mood. All in all, I am happy and recommend.

Comments

I'll have to wait to see the results

I've been struggling with acne for almost 8 years and there has definitely been ups and downs. I was looking back at photos from two years ago and my skin looked much better. I'm now 20 but my acne came back probably because I have been stressing from uni. I went to the GP and was recommended Estelle 35 for the sake of contraception and acne treatment. I just finished my first pack but I have been getting more cystic acne around my jawline and there are about 8 of them at the moment. I know, terrifying! I also have a lot of whiteheads around my mouth, and my skin around my eyes, nose, and mouth are very dry, and I have flakes all around them. I just read the review saying it will take time( 4-6 months) so I'll definitely have to see what Diane 35 will do to my skin!

I'm here to share to the worldwide that Dr.onokun is a Powerful Herbal Medicine man. that can cure your disease if you can only contact him and let him help you. I was cured from my herpes Disease. after suffering since 4years ago. but when i contact him on the internet. he gave me a Natural cure that ended my suffering after using it for two weeks. i went to check myself on the hospital and i was tested negative. I can't more happier but to say thank you sir and i use this medium to say to everyone don't waste any time to contact this powerful herbal Dr,onokun On any Kind of Disease he is Ready to help you. You can reach him through his email: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com or whatsapp +2349064844957

Give it time!!

I've had moderate acne all over my face ever since I hit puberty, and literally nothing I ever did or used made the slightest impact. On Jan 2017 I decided to switch from Levlen to Diane. For 6 months I saw little to no improvement, although I did notice that my skin would be clearer at the end of my cycle and that I was getting more cystic acne rather than lots of smaller pimples. On June 2017 my skin was at its worst- I had 4 giant cystic pimples on my birthday and I was so miserable. I was almost ready to quit but every cycle after that month my skin kept improving! Now I'm at the point where I can barely recognise my skin-its so smooth and soft, I don't have a single pimple on my face at the moment (something I haven't experienced since I was 12). I feel like a new person, and have finally ditched the heavy foundation and concealer I would always hide behind. So if anyone on this pill is frustrated or convinced it won't work for them, BE PATIENT!! I've honestly never felt better in my life and still can't believe I actually found something that works for me :)

wasted two months

first of all I should say that it was the first time I went on the pill and I went off it after less then two months I tend to break out around ovulation and I also needed birth control so I got prescribed Diane-35 (actually it was Syndi-35 but that's literally the same thing). I was really excited about it but it kept making me feel gross: I started having blackheads (which I had never had before) and my acne got WAY worse. I felt so bad about myself because of my skin that I didn't even want to see my bf (my libido was extremely low too) a weird thing is that wounds just wouldn't heal, seemingly because of the pill (a very bad thing if you suffer from dermatillomania). also I got f*****g oral herpes for the first time in my life. and I kept having a cold. I really do think Diane-35 weakened my immune system. so now I just stopped taking the pill and I really do feel better mentally. my skin also feels nicer and everything is finally starting to heal. my biggest concerns now is whether my cycle will go back to normal (I really hope so) I don't particularly regretting trying it out but I really wouldn't recommend it as an acne treatment. it seems to work as BC for some people, but I don't think it's worth using it just for acne.

Comments

Did not work for me honestly

Hi, I just went off the diane 35 pill while on my 6th pack, therefore my during my 6th month of it because it did not work for me at all. I feel compelled to write this review as while on it i read on here it may take 3-4 months to start working (I am not saying this isnt true) which is what motivated me to be so patient with it to eventually see if it did start working! On the diane 35 pill i would noticed my skin would clear up and then breakout again, this was a vicious cycle that continued for the entirety of the pill, I believe this was because my body couldnt balance with the strong hormons from the pill. Nearing the end I was giving it final chances, ie if it didnt break out horribly again, which of course it did, I also noticed that my skin was actually extremely worse than when i started the pill. I've quit the pill for almost a month now and my skin's condition has increased increadibly, I am approaching my first period since quitting and have only developed 3-4 pimples. I am not on any medication currently the only changes I have made is using a niaminicide serum every morning and a retinoid every other day & I have reduced my diary intake significantly but I cannot comment on that effectiveness yet Backround about me: 2-3 years ago I was on doxycycline for 6 months + contraception pills and topical creams which didnt help much, so i was classified as having severe cystic acne. I then did a course of roacctuane which kept my skin pimple free for a bit over a year, when I started getting pimples again is when i went on diane (6 months ago). Acne runs in my family, my father and his brothers/sisters have had acne into their 30/40s so I am determined to seek a cure !! :)

Poison

Please don't take this pill. All hormonal birth control is bad, but this is the absolute worst. Thinned my hair to the point that you can see scalp, and 1 year after stopping, it is still falling out. Yes it made my skin mildly better...but if I could go back in time I would shake myself and scream 'clean up your diet, read The Period Repair Manual, practice good skincare and get off the pill!!' Having clear skin for a short period of time and then paying the consequences forever couldn't be less worth it. Besides my skin is better now than anytime I was on the pill. I just cut out dairy and sugar. Other Diane side effects included: insomnia, migraines, muscle cramps, anxiety, skin pigmentation, rosacea and depression. All of these went away when I stopped taking Diane. Unfortunately my hair is still dead. Please girls, don't do it.

yes and no!!!!!!

Yes.. Diane35 gives you nice skin..never pimpels..shiny hair.. and it fights against unwanted hairgrowth.. but wait when you stop the pill for any reason. You will pay the price for it, beautiful stories doesnt last forever.. diane distroyed everything in my body after 2 years only of using it. I stopped in february since that day i suffered until now from oily and dead hair and acne.. yes its good for a while when u take it but it destroys completely your hormones. Be carefull with the birh control as it is an chemical hormonal.

Comments

So many benefits, if you're patient!

Had my IUD removed after a year as I had nothing but bad experiences using it... acne, weight gain (8kg/ 17lbs) terrible mood swings and extremely low libido. I started Diane about a month after IUD removal. At first my acne got slightly worse and was quite moody and sad. I wanted to throw Diane out and stop taking it.. but I have heard to give it a few months to work and i'm so glad I did! About 2-3 months in my acne started disappearing, my periods are SO light and haven't had any cramps since taking Dianne. I have had no weight gain with Dianne and haven't had any trouble losing weight while on it. Not only that but my mood has changed dramatically. I feel happy and calm and so pleased I stuck it out and gave this pill a chance.

Comments

Be Patient! It takes a while for it to start clearing you up.

Hi Ladies I have been using this pill for 5 months now. For the first month I did'nt see any changes to the acne until second and third month which were the worst. The acne worsened during those two months, cystic pimples which were red and puss filled were all over my chin and jawline. Not forgetting the scarring that came with those cysts. I was so tempted to ditch this treatment and look for an alternative therapy. But due to reading a lot of posts with similar stories, I was hopeful that maybe I needed to give the diane a little bit more time. Its not until I hit the end of month 4 mark did I start seeing some clearing on my skin. Its now end of month my and I am completely clear. So one needs to be very patient with diane, clearing of the acne takes a while. But its worth the wait.

Diane 35 Experience - 10 years

Hi there I am now on Diane 35 for the second time. I honestly regret ever coming off it! I had been on Diane for around 10 years. I was prescribed it for my moderate acne as a teenager (16-17years old) It cleared my skin right up but it did take a very long time. I would say 6-12 months before it was completely clear and under control. I very rarely suffered from breakouts after being on Diane. I maybe got 1-2 pimples occasionally. But my skincare was not amazing and I did wear cheap makeup. Diane is a life changer! However, after 10 years it wasn't working for me anymore, I started to get breakthrough bleeding and then regular pimples. 1-2 cystic ones every month, which was not normal for me. I decided to give my body a break and came off the pill completely for almost 2 months. My skin went ballistic around the 6 week mark! Pimples everywhere, my back and my chest were the worst and I also had breakouts on my face. Not to mention the other side effects from coming off the pill - nausea, cramps, headaches, loss of appetite and mood swings. I know that so many women have amazing experiences once coming off the pill and say they feel like "their 15 year old self again" but honestly it was the opposite for me. So, I decided to go back on it and it was fine for a while, until the breakthrough bleeding started again, about 3 months in. I ended swapping pills and was on Norimin for around 4 months and it was good, was also meant to clear skin due to its estrogen content. After the 4 month mark my skin went crazy, again! So I rushed back to the doctors and got a script for Diane 35. I have been on Diane now for almost 4 months and my skin is far from clear but not terrible. My back and chest have cleared up - that happened around 1-2 months of being back on Diane 35, so not too bad. But my face is not clearing as quickly. I am getting cystic pimples on my jaw and chin and have lots of tiny little bumps on my chin and cheeks. I definitely feel as though it gets worse before it gets better, I don't remember exactly how long it took last time for my skin to clear. I just remember it being a while. I'm anticipating around the 6 month mark that I should hopefully see a decent improvement. I know there are a lot of scary stories out there about this pill but for me the benefits outweigh the risks. I am lucky enough not to experience any major side effects but of course there is always risk associated with any type of medication.

Comments

ESTELLE 35 PILL (Diane 35)

Hey girls, I've been on Estelle 35 (generic brand of Diane- 35) due to skin problems. I have never had bad skin as such, but the hormonal pimples I do have on my forehead and on my cheeks in particular have made me really self conscious and this is the reason why I've decided to try this Pill. In the past, due to myself not being confident in my skin, have tried so many different options. Creams, exfoliators, Bezac, Doxycycline Oral Antibiotic (which was amazing, but you can't be on it for more than 8 months), Epiduo, different skin routines... so many different things, and nothing has really worked out for me long term. So far (2 and a half months in), I haven't seen much change in my skin. I've read various reviews and have come to the conclusion that I should see effective results between the 3 - 6 month range... I just want it to show results as soon as possible. I am usually such a patient person, though with this pill and not seeing any positive changes to my skin as of yet, I'm slowly getting impatient. I just have to stick it out, but I need it to show results soon, just so I can start feeling confident in myself again. As far as side affects go, I haven't had any... maybe only increased appetite, but that's not too much of a major issue for me, so I guess I've been quite fortunate. In saying all this, I do want to keep you posted on my progress as this review page has honestly shown me so much and giving my input will hopefully help some of you who are going though the same thing. Please do go to my blog, there will be updated reviews every couple of weeks to keep you updated if interested. We are all in this together xo

Weight Concern

Hi! I'm planning to take diane 35, but i have concern regarding to my weight. My height is 5'2 and my weight is 62kg I'm actually overweight for my height. Can it affect the effectivity of diane 35 on me? Thank you! Please enlighten me!

Comments

High dosage is high risk

I've been on different birth controls and pills for 15+ years, but I have NEVER had side effects like I had with this pill. I guess a high dosage pill (in this case estrogen) comes with the risk of more severe effects. I have never once before in my life had migraines or anything related to migraines. On Estelle 35 I had daily migraines that were so severe I could only lay in bed in the dark and cry from the pain. It started a few days after I started this pill, and they haven't come back since (over a year ago). I gave it a total of 3 weeks before deciding to stop torturing myself. On top of that, this pill has been linked to long term severe health issues - proven! It is banned in many other Western countries! Ladies there are so many less harmful effective birth control options, and smooth skin is not worth your life. Stop accepting this pill and the people who produce and prescribe it in spite of proven links to blood clots and other life threatening conditions.

My experience with Diane

I have been on Diane-35 for almost 6 years now. I am 22 years old, and my family doctor prescribed me this medication in high school mainly to cure my acne but also to be used as a contraceptive because no other birth control properly regulated my period. I must say, for all of you who are skeptical about this drug... It works wonders. It did take about 6 months for me to start seeing a change in my skin, but after that, my skin was nearly free of pimples (I would still get a few every now and then), and it has been that way for 6 years. Aside from merely its benefits of curing acne, I cannot express enough how perfect it is for period and hormone regulation. After the 6 month point, I can honestly say that my period has been so regular that I will know exactly what day of the month (and even approximate time of day) I will get my period, and I know exactly what to expect of my moods/skin at different points in the cycle. It has been life-changing. HOWEVER, this is where my concern starts to come in. I've noticed that my hair throughout the years has been thinning dramatically and does not ever grow past a certain length. I use heat on my hair probably once every couple of days, and wash my hair about twice a week (I promise it's not gross; the natural oils make it healthy). So I know that can't possibly be the issue. It's gotten to the point where I got my hair dresser to put in sew-in extensions to make my hair thicker because I feel like I have no hair on my head. I am Italian mixed with Arabic, so you can probably guess that thick, long hair runs in my family. Recently I've read reviews about Diane about women complaining that they've lost close to 70% of their hair by the age of 30... and this freaks me right out. I went to the doctor about it and he prescribed me Tri-Cyclen (28) which I am hesitant to start taking because it didn't seem like he had any idea where my concern was and my body is so used to Diane at this point. If anyone has any insights PLEASE do enlighten me!!

Comments

The pretty and ugly truth

Rarely had a pimple during my teens...had combination skin and suffered from mild eczema. Fast forward to early adulthood. Suddenly (and I mean suddenly) saw whiteheads all cross my face mainly in the cheek and chin area. I would classify it as mild/moderate acne. It really distressed me at the time and affected my self confidence. Spoke to my GP and after failing to see any noticeable results using prescription creams (Differin, Duac) she prescribed Diane-35. I used the generic brand (Brenda-35 and Estelle-35) ever since. Changes I noticed: acne got worse for the first few weeks. Boobs got bigger. Gained a teensy bit of weight. In a few months my acne cleared up completely. No matter what I ate or how little or much I exercised my skin was acne free. I would get maybe one pimple every now and then but it was definitely bearable. Late last year (August) I decided that I wanted to stop using the pill. My skin was clear but a) I did not wish to be so reliant on the pill and b) I experienced vaginal thrush which did not go away despite using prescription and over the counter meds. I had not experienced this during my first 4 years on the pill but I think my body was telling me it had enough. My decision was a hard one because A LOT of people on the site have claimed that going off the pill ruined their skin. I was initially torn because on one hand I know how hard it was for me to live with acne but I also know my body wasn't coping with having the pill in my system. So what I decided to do was go off the pill, but ease my body into the hormonal changes that will happen as soon as I go off it. In August I began to eat healthier by cutting down my consumption of diary and sugar. In September I cut it down even further and introduced my body to daily doses of zinc and evening primrose oil. In October I got off the pill and continued my diet/supplement regime. I didn't get any pimples until November. A lot of people say they break out like crazy but in my experience I have only ever experienced three whiteheads in my chin area on any given day. Most days it is clear or I have one small whitehead. My chin area is a bit sensitive and bumpy but by no means would I classify it as breaking out. After going off the pill I also noticed that my hair got oilier and my thrush problem disappeared. I've been pill free for a few months now and so far I'm happy with the results. I am eating dairy and sugar occasionally but I consume it in small portions. I still take my supplements religiously as I believe my acne is hormonal and the supplements help balance my hormones. I think if I did not put in these measures my post-pill breakout would be much worse. Diane-35 is a crutch. That is the honest truth. If you wish to use it make sure you know what you are getting yourself into.

Hi my 6 months of diane 35 course is ending this month but I'm scared as I have heard acne might come back worse thn before please help wat do I do. Next 6 months I'm going to get married as I'm 29 yrs old took diane 35 for hormonal acne . Now I'm completely clear only left with scarring red marks and pigmentation. I'm really scared wat to do. Someone please help as I don't want acne to cum back plz .

Seeing results takes time but it's worth it

It took 3 months for me to see an improvement but now my skin is the best it's been in years. I used to constantly get large, painful cysts around my mouth and chin but I haven't had one for about a month. This month I didn't even get a breakout on my period. This is the only medication that has worked for my hormonal acne. I did not have any side effects and I finally feel comfortable going out without makeup! I just hope that my skin doesn't get worse after I stop taking it.

Hey did u get acne after u stopped taking this pill? Cos i am on this pill right now for more two months! Please help.

still waiting for improvements

I'm just starting my 3rd month taking this pill, I can tell there are some improvement by now but nothing extraordinary. my skin is definitely a lot softer than how it used to be, but I'm still not totally acne-free. I'm very positive about Diane, so I'm still gonna take it for now, will update later!

Wait for it!!

I started using this product 5 months ago. I had milde to severe acne on my cheeks and on my chin. My forehead was quite clear. First month was brilliant. No new whiteheads or pimpels at all. But then boom, month 3 was the worst. My face was covered in acne. I never had that much acne at once. One day I was losing hope but still hoped for a change. Then the end of month 4 was the time where my acne totally backed off. My skin started to improve so much, and I didnt worried about it at all. Now it's the ending of month 5, and my skin is better then ever. Still have to deal with some little scaring and redness, but acne is gone so far. You will still get some whiteheads around your period, that is pretty normal ever for a perso without acne. I can only say, that dont give up too soon. This is not a over the night product, it conteins hormons your body needs to get used to it.

Waiting for improvement

I'm on the 2nd month taking this pill and i'm going for the third, I sincerely don't see much difference. My skin of the face was clear before but then i had stress and my period was causing me acne and I am a hairy girl so i decided to take this pill. My hair and skin are less greasy but i still get hormonal acnee, i even have a cyst and nodules and bumps over my face and even behind my ears and on my shoulders and back and sometimes lower back that i never had before and believe me it is all so painful. I will give it a chance and i will keep taking this pill until the 6th month and if i don't see improvement i will have to stop taking this pill. Althought i noticed the hair of my legs grow slower after waxing than before but my skin has been causing me pain because of hormonal acne, it puts me down everytime i feel a bit of pain on my shoulder or back and notice it's a new cyst and the scars they leave is just horrible :(

Hi... i have similar experience... i guess you want to try benzoyl peroxide gel for your cystic acne..

So far the worse experience

Iv been on this pill for a week now and already ended up in the hospital due to severe pains on left side doctor said taking this and with hormones changing that im going to get contractions , this has been 4 days and now today im sick and dizzy anyone else have any side effects like this ??

Please advise

My doctor just prescribed this medicine for me (Diane 35). I've never tried anything like this before. I have acne, extra hair on my chin area, and my period is irregular. I am only worried this will make me gain a lot of weight. Also, I'm worried it will affect my mood and sleeping. Please help me out with the symptoms.

It is called PCOS -- Otherwise known as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. You have all the symptoms (I thought I had it so I saw my gyno) I reccomend you get a referral to see one, so they can check you out! They can check your hormone balance and see if you have any cysts on your ovaries which is most likely causing ur symptoms. good luck x

Dry, flaky, itchy red skin!

I didn't have bad acne to begin with but as a 23 year old, I just got sick of still having pimples. My doctor prescribed me Diane 35 and from that moment is when life became hell, well for my skin anyway. The first three months broke me out so much - which seems to be the norm looking at other reviews. After the initial 3 months, my skin started clearing up however I was left with so many scars. Around the 5th month I stopped producing oil (I have oily sensitive skin normally) and my skin became so dry. 6th month and it was so irritated and flaky! I haven't gone off Diane 35 yet as I know that will break me out again. The struggles are real.

TRY IT!

Before I start taking Diane 35, I was very skeptical about it, especially after reading all those negative side effects. To give you an idea of the severity of my acne problem, I had tried out a handful of different oral antibotics for almost a year, all the tropical treatments, and almost the OTC remedy/skincare/vitamin etc. You name it, I have tried it!!!!. My dermatologist was happy to prescribe me with Accutane, in fact, he even said that it would be a good option for me if I want my skin to clear up forever. I have consulted him about taking oral contraceptive, yet he said it wouldn't be too useful/permanently clear up my face. Above all, tho my period are not very regular, I dont have much cysts but mainly tons of small=medium pimples all over my face except my nose area. They do not really look like hormonal acne. I have struggled with acne for so long, it has ruined my social life and self-confidence, and almost turned me into a difference person. I can't stand it anymore, and before going into Accutane, I decided to give this a try. And GUYS THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!!!! My face is cleared up within 3 months!!!!!! I felt like I have waited too long to try this out! I still have small pimples here and there, whiteheads, redness and all that. But at least my skin is smooth again! Regarding the side effects, yes, there are some side effects but it's not as scary as it may sound. For first month, I have experienced continuous spotting for like a good 10-15 days, sore (and bigger) breast, a bit migraine for a couple days and during the 7-day breaks (but nothing a painkiller couldn't deal with) , and just some pretty bad mood swing. However, there's no major discomfort of any sort. And my skin was better than ever. Plus most of the side effects got better once your body are well-adjusted to the drug. I didn't gain any weight at all, in fact, I started to work out more while I was on the drug. I lost some weight and now have slightly bigger boobs. For any girls who's suffering adult acne out there (ATTENTION: ADULT ACNE), give this drug a try before taking Accutane. Maybe it would take some time to work, maybe it's might not a permanent solution (touchwood), it did help regulate your hormone level and that really helps with your acne.

Hi Nancy , your review as seem to be the best and most honest .Everyone as been saying that you will have hair loss , please tell me if this is true ? I currently going through the most with my skin and I've been advised to try out Diane, but I'm so so scared if the hair loss fact is true .
Hi Nancy, Thanks for your honest review. I need some help. It has been 15 days that I have been on Doxycycline and topical retinoid treatment. My dermatologist wants me to continue Doxycycline for another 15 days and then start Accutane. My gynecologist has prescribed me Diane35 for hormonal treatment. Can I intake Accutane and Diane35 at the same time? Thanks in advance.

Popular Oral