Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive reviews

3.3/5 - 765 reviews

Brand: Diane-35

Diane-35 Oral Contraceptive

Cyproterone acetate 2 mg and Ethinyl estradiol 0.035 mg.

Cornstarch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Povidone, and Talc.

Tablet Coating:
Calcium Carbonate, Ferric Oxide Yellow, Glycerol, Polyethylene Glycol, Povidone, Sucrose, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, and Wax.

Give it time!!
Reviewed on January 11, 2018

I've had moderate acne all over my face ever since I hit puberty, and literally nothing I ever did or used made the slightest impact. On Jan 2017 I decided to switch from Levlen to Diane. For 6 months I saw little to no improvement, although I did notice that my skin would be clearer at the end of my cycle and that I was getting more cystic acne rather than lots of smaller pimples. On June 2017 my skin was at its worst- I had 4 giant cystic pimples on my birthday and I was so miserable. I was almost ready to quit but every cycle after that month my skin kept improving! Now I'm at the point where I can barely recognise my skin-its so smooth and soft, I don't have a single pimple on my face at the moment (something I haven't experienced since I was 12). I feel like a new person, and have finally ditched the heavy foundation and concealer I would always hide behind. So if anyone on this pill is frustrated or convinced it won't work for them, BE PATIENT!! I've honestly never felt better in my life and still can't believe I actually found something that works for me :)

wasted two months
Reviewed on December 31, 2017

first of all I should say that it was the first time I went on the pill and I went off it after less then two months

I tend to break out around ovulation and I also needed birth control so I got prescribed Diane-35 (actually it was Syndi-35 but that's literally the same thing). I was really excited about it but it kept making me feel gross: I started having blackheads (which I had never had before) and my acne got WAY worse. I felt so bad about myself because of my skin that I didn't even want to see my bf (my libido was extremely low too)

a weird thing is that wounds just wouldn't heal, seemingly because of the pill (a very bad thing if you suffer from dermatillomania). also I got f*****g oral herpes for the first time in my life. and I kept having a cold. I really do think Diane-35 weakened my immune system.

so now I just stopped taking the pill and I really do feel better mentally. my skin also feels nicer and everything is finally starting to heal. my biggest concerns now is whether my cycle will go back to normal (I really hope so)

I don't particularly regretting trying it out but I really wouldn't recommend it as an acne treatment. it seems to work as BC for some people, but I don't think it's worth using it just for acne.

Did not work for me honestly
Reviewed on October 5, 2017

Hi, I just went off the diane 35 pill while on my 6th pack, therefore my during my 6th month of it because it did not work for me at all. I feel compelled to write this review as while on it i read on here it may take 3-4 months to start working (I am not saying this isnt true) which is what motivated me to be so patient with it to eventually see if it did start working!

On the diane 35 pill i would noticed my skin would clear up and then breakout again, this was a vicious cycle that continued for the entirety of the pill, I believe this was because my body couldnt balance with the strong hormons from the pill. Nearing the end I was giving it final chances, ie if it didnt break out horribly again, which of course it did, I also noticed that my skin was actually extremely worse than when i started the pill.

I've quit the pill for almost a month now and my skin's condition has increased increadibly, I am approaching my first period since quitting and have only developed 3-4 pimples. I am not on any medication currently the only changes I have made is using a niaminicide serum every morning and a retinoid every other day & I have reduced my diary intake significantly but I cannot comment on that effectiveness yet

Backround about me: 2-3 years ago I was on doxycycline for 6 months + contraception pills and topical creams which didnt help much, so i was classified as having severe cystic acne. I then did a course of roacctuane which kept my skin pimple free for a bit over a year, when I started getting pimples again is when i went on diane (6 months ago). Acne runs in my family, my father and his brothers/sisters have had acne into their 30/40s so I am determined to seek a cure !! :)

Poison
Reviewed on July 21, 2017

Please don't take this pill. All hormonal birth control is bad, but this is the absolute worst. Thinned my hair to the point that you can see scalp, and 1 year after stopping, it is still falling out. Yes it made my skin mildly better...but if I could go back in time I would shake myself and scream 'clean up your diet, read The Period Repair Manual, practice good skincare and get off the pill!!' Having clear skin for a short period of time and then paying the consequences forever couldn't be less worth it. Besides my skin is better now than anytime I was on the pill. I just cut out dairy and sugar. Other Diane side effects included: insomnia, migraines, muscle cramps, anxiety, skin pigmentation, rosacea and depression. All of these went away when I stopped taking Diane. Unfortunately my hair is still dead. Please girls, don't do it.

yes and no!!!!!!
Reviewed on July 7, 2017

Diane35 gives you nice skin..never pimpels..shiny hair.. and it fights against unwanted hairgrowth.. but wait when you stop the pill for any reason. You will pay the price for it, beautiful stories doesnt last forever.. diane distroyed everything in my body after 2 years only of using it. I stopped in february since that day i suffered until now from oily and dead hair and acne.. yes its good for a while when u take it but it destroys completely your hormones. Be carefull with the birh control as it is an chemical hormonal.

So many benefits, if you're patient!
Reviewed on July 6, 2017

Had my IUD removed after a year as I had nothing but bad experiences using it... acne, weight gain (8kg/ 17lbs) terrible mood swings and extremely low libido. I started Diane about a month after IUD removal. At first my acne got slightly worse and was quite moody and sad. I wanted to throw Diane out and stop taking it.. but I have heard to give it a few months to work and i'm so glad I did! About 2-3 months in my acne started disappearing, my periods are SO light and haven't had any cramps since taking Dianne. I have had no weight gain with Dianne and haven't had any trouble losing weight while on it. Not only that but my mood has changed dramatically. I feel happy and calm and so pleased I stuck it out and gave this pill a chance.

Be Patient! It takes a while for it to start clearing you up.
Reviewed on June 1, 2017

Hi Ladies I have been using this pill for 5 months now. For the first month I did'nt see any changes to the acne until second and third month which were the worst. The acne worsened during those two months, cystic pimples which were red and puss filled were all over my chin and jawline. Not forgetting the scarring that came with those cysts. I was so tempted to ditch this treatment and look for an alternative therapy. But due to reading a lot of posts with similar stories, I was hopeful that maybe I needed to give the diane a little bit more time. Its not until I hit the end of month 4 mark did I start seeing some clearing on my skin. Its now end of month my and I am completely clear.

So one needs to be very patient with diane, clearing of the acne takes a while. But its worth the wait.

Diane 35 Experience - 10 years
Reviewed on May 26, 2017

Hi there

I am now on Diane 35 for the second time.

I honestly regret ever coming off it!

I had been on Diane for around 10 years.

I was prescribed it for my moderate acne as a teenager (16-17years old)

It cleared my skin right up but it did take a very long time. I would say 6-12 months before it was completely clear and under control.

I very rarely suffered from breakouts after being on Diane. I maybe got 1-2 pimples occasionally.

But my skincare was not amazing and I did wear cheap makeup.

Diane is a life changer!

However, after 10 years it wasn't working for me anymore, I started to get breakthrough bleeding and then regular pimples. 1-2 cystic ones every month, which was not normal for me.

I decided to give my body a break and came off the pill completely for almost 2 months.

My skin went ballistic around the 6 week mark!

Pimples everywhere, my back and my chest were the worst and I also had breakouts on my face. Not to mention the other side effects from coming off the pill - nausea, cramps, headaches, loss of appetite and mood swings.

I know that so many women have amazing experiences once coming off the pill and say they feel like "their 15 year old self again" but honestly it was the opposite for me.

So, I decided to go back on it and it was fine for a while, until the breakthrough bleeding started again, about 3 months in.

I ended swapping pills and was on Norimin for around 4 months and it was good, was also meant to clear skin due to its estrogen content.

After the 4 month mark my skin went crazy, again! So I rushed back to the doctors and got a script for Diane 35.

I have been on Diane now for almost 4 months and my skin is far from clear but not terrible. My back and chest have cleared up - that happened around 1-2 months of being back on Diane 35, so not too bad. But my face is not clearing as quickly.

I am getting cystic pimples on my jaw and chin and have lots of tiny little bumps on my chin and cheeks.

I definitely feel as though it gets worse before it gets better, I don't remember exactly how long it took last time for my skin to clear. I just remember it being a while. I'm anticipating around the 6 month mark that I should hopefully see a decent improvement.

I know there are a lot of scary stories out there about this pill but for me the benefits outweigh the risks. I am lucky enough not to experience any major side effects but of course there is always risk associated with any type of medication.

ESTELLE 35 PILL (Diane 35)
Reviewed on May 9, 2017

Hey girls,

I've been on Estelle 35 (generic brand of Diane- 35) due to skin problems.

I have never had bad skin as such, but the hormonal pimples I do have on my forehead and on my cheeks in particular have made me really self conscious and this is the reason why I've decided to try this Pill.

In the past, due to myself not being confident in my skin, have tried so many different options. Creams, exfoliators, Bezac, Doxycycline Oral Antibiotic (which was amazing, but you can't be on it for more than 8 months), Epiduo, different skin routines... so many different things, and nothing has really worked out for me long term.

So far (2 and a half months in), I haven't seen much change in my skin. I've read various reviews and have come to the conclusion that I should see effective results between the 3 - 6 month range... I just want it to show results as soon as possible. I am usually such a patient person, though with this pill and not seeing any positive changes to my skin as of yet, I'm slowly getting impatient. I just have to stick it out, but I need it to show results soon, just so I can start feeling confident in myself again.

As far as side affects go, I haven't had any... maybe only increased appetite, but that's not too much of a major issue for me, so I guess I've been quite fortunate.

In saying all this, I do want to keep you posted on my progress as this review page has honestly shown me so much and giving my input will hopefully help some of you who are going though the same thing.

Please do go to my blog, there will be updated reviews every couple of weeks to keep you updated if interested.

We are all in this together xo

by Rachie39 on 02/20/2018 02:30
Hi. How did this medication end up working for you?
Weight Concern
Reviewed on March 28, 2017

Hi! I'm planning to take diane 35, but i have concern regarding to my weight. My height is 5'2 and my weight is 62kg I'm actually overweight for my height. Can it affect the effectivity of diane 35 on me? Thank you!

Please enlighten me!

by Rachie39 on 02/20/2018 02:33
For some people yes, weight gain will happen but not for everyone. My doctor said that if you are on a low dosage of this medication then you are much less likely to gain weight as this is a huge fear factor for me too.
Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clinics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org