DHC Water Base Moisture Reviews

Brand: DHC

DHC Water Base Moisture
4.0 1 review

Heavy moisturizing, without being too heavy

This stuff is my HG moisturizer. I deducted one star because I still need to put CeraVe, another moisturizer, on top of it. However, the degree to which this stuff has helped me is crazy. I've always been much much clearer over the summer -- my tazorac, benzoyl peroxide, and any other acne medications I use work so well then. As soon as it starts getting cold, I have to cut out topicals or my skin becomes dry and flaky, which actually contributes to my acne and makes it worse. Which means, no matter what, I break out. In the winter, it's a choice between acne with dry skin or acne without dry skin. Which sucks because my acne scars my skin. Clarisonic helped during winters in the south, but chicago wind/winters have been another beast. I visited my derm about this problem and she recommended Hyalis, a really expensive product I couldn't afford, but the samples worked reasonably well. After a quick search online, I found that the formulation of this product was close enough to Hyalis. This stuff turned out to be better. My skin looks like my summer skin! This is SUCH a beautiful product. It handles flakes and dry skin like a charm, layered under my CeraVe. My makeup goes on like a dream. It feels so light on my skin -- literally like a drink of water. I suspect that during the summer, this is the only moisturizer I will need. Highly, highly recommended for anyone struggling with dryness.

Comments