Dermalogica Overnight Clearing Gel Reviews

Brand: Dermalogica

Dermalogica Overnight Clearing Gel

Worst skin reaction EVER

I have suffered from hormonal acne for years now and I've literally tried everything. Lately things have been improving but then one day my skin started to hate me again and I had a few large pimples pop up. I had a test tube of the overnight clearing gel so I decided to give it a try. The next morning I woke up with three new angry, red pimples and a round red hive on the side of my face. I was so upset! I realize that this may have been my own skins reaction to the product, but now I am afraid to try it ever again. I use so many dermalogica products so I was very disappointed that this one did not work. However, I highly recommend dermalogica's skin clearing wash, sebum clearing masque, and daily microexfoliant. They're AMAZING. Good luck to all of you fighting your acne, I know it's a tough job!

Guest Rose
Guest Rose

Not too drying, doesn't smell strongly, doesn't bleach your bedding! Price, insanely expensive. A word of warning your acne WILL get worse when you start using this as it starts to clear out the blocked pores. I had some really horrible spots on my neck and forehead in the first month. I've had hormonal acne for years (from 14, I'm now 31), it disappears when I'm on the pill but I'm fed up of pumping my body full of hormones all the time. I decided to try Dermalogica products despite the price as I was so sick of using benzyl peroxide gel nightly and still having red marks from my acne and dry patches that in my opinion were almost as bad as the spots! Also I had blackheads that benzyl peroxide did nothing to clear so the spots never went away and I hate the bleach stains on my towels, bedding and clothes. I'm using this gel in conjunction with the special cleansing gel, multi-active toner, daily microfoliant and active moist (oil free moisturiser) and my skin feel really smooth, the blackheads are going and the oil has calmed down. I hate the price but I think it's worth it to have clearer skin. If you're going to use Dermalogica products go for the facial mapping first in store as I know I would have chosen completely the wrong products that would have been too drying and maybe made things worse.

Guest Cormac
Guest Cormac

Easy to apply. Doesn't irritate. No smell. Only need a small amount. Rubbed off my skin onto my bed coverings. Stopped working after a few months. It needs to be used in conjunction with the Dermalogica face wash, or it won't work. It was ok. I was expecting a better result for the money. You also need to be very particuler about the amount you use, or your skin will dry out

Guest Elle
Guest Elle

Effective immediately Long term clarifying Doesn't feel too drying Expensive but lasts a while I have struggled with acne for years and this is the first effective over the counter product/brand to work for me. Made my acne manageable.

Guest catWITHacne
Guest catWITHacne

Made skin feel dry and tight Quality ingredients Very expensive and barely any product Didn't clear acne up for good I love dermalogica products and really wanted their acne line to work, but while using the Clearing Skin Wash, Oil Control Lotion, Overnight Clearing Gel, and Special Clearing Booster, my acne continued and the only difference I noticed was increased dryness between breakouts. Fortunately this final acne line made me desperate, so I googled 'acne' one day and found acne.org. I've been clear of acne for FIVE MONTHS!

Popular All-over treatments