Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Overlordbun
melikunesi
ComelyCobra

Jenna_221
Let me start by saying I never leave comments online, nor do I create accounts specifically for this purpose! but I feel the need to support this review from ComelyCobra. I too am on the road to becoming acne free after 15+ years of struggling with little to no improvement. I too have tried everything available to fight my acne such as topical and oral treatments, alternative treatments like cosmetic (facial) accupuncture and essential oil based products. Blood analysis tests, you name it. Nothing worked. I, like most everyone suffering from long term acne, resulted to thinking I would have to live with this for the rest of my Life. If you are like me, we are often told or come to think that acne is just “part of life” or “in our genes” but I am writing this to tell you that I am living proof that is not true or that it can be changed. I am 29 years old and have been suffering from moderate to severe acne since the age of 12 years old. I also struggled with back acne. The most effective thing I ever did to clear my skin and improve my overall health has happened within the last 6 months. As did ComelyCobra, I cut out dairy (Milk, ice cream and cheese most affected me) reduced sugar intake and cut down on meat consumption. This, in combination with water and light physical activity, was what my body needed to reset itself after all these years and hormonal struggles. No more birth control pills to help regulate my body, no more failed acne treatments, just all natural. Eat healthy, fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Be conscious of the products you are putting on your skin, and the ones you are putting in your body too. I hope this can help inspire someone just like me who searched countless blogs and sites hoping for some true advice.

AcneSuffererof20+Years
You mentioned you eat whole grains - do you eat whole grain bread? I'm curious if you still eat bread with the success you've had. Have you cut out all dairy completely? And how long did it take for you to see results after cutting out dairy?

Kate@
Kynnkayy
FitStairway

Fallan1
thank you so much I'm going to try this!

lolarose
Jazznicole

AdUt099
Too much supplement & beauty products worsen your body & of course your skin. Here are simple tips for me, hopefully it works well too: 1. Vit C 500mg daily supplement 2. Drink 1 spoon Extract Virgin Olive Oil + 1 spoon honey before sleep 3. Basic skin care (face wash, toner, serum + sunblock AM) that contain healing ingredients (Aloe Vera, Centella Asiatica), search Klairs from wishtrend. Avoid products that contain harsh ingredients: alcohol, SD alcohol, SLS, SLES etc. 4. Don't forget meditation to release stress or walking around 30 mins in the morning. 5. Weekly treatment: 2x a week, honey + clay. Don't give up, I need 3 months to see the results :)

BlueDahlia
Hey! I wanted to give a recommendation from my own experience with restrictive dieting and acne. I’m a vegetarian. My diet is very bland and basic e.g. tofu, sweet potatoes, rice, eggs, fat free Greek yogurt, oatmeal, quinoa. I definitely don’t eat enough vegetables but I eat plenty of fruit. I’ve alwasy had mild acne through my twenties but nothing makeup couldn’t coverup. Whenever I prepped for fitness competitions and carb cycled/cut calories my skin would start to break out more. I also know my hormones would go off balance during the last few weeks of prep because I used to get blood work done regularly. My point is I think I️t would be better for you skin to add some foods back in. Try adding clean complex carbs and soy. If you’re always feeling hungry and only eating vegetables all day your putting a lot of stress on your body which will increase your cortisol levels. I wouldn’t be surprised if your hormones were wacky with your type of diet. Try to focus on a clean wholesome diet instead. I hope this can help you.

• Community Links

• Diet & holistic health
      293381 posts and topics

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a New Account

Already have an account? Sign in here.

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes