Cyclessa Oral Contraceptive Reviews

Brand: Cyclessa

Cyclessa Oral Contraceptive

Amazing for acne-prone skin

Let me preface this by saying I have taken many different kinds of birth control pills throughout my teen and adult years. This is by far the BEST bcp for my cystic, hormonal acne. I've also taken Caziant which is also a combination of desogestrel & triphasic with the same results. I personally think it's important for the body to have a different amount of hormones each week as would naturally occur otherwise. Any time I went off of Cyclessa or Caziant to "switch it up" was when I started breaking out horribly in cystic bumps. If you suffer from hormonal acne, definitely give Cyclessa or Caziant a try.

Guest valerie
Guest valerie

zero side effects, really. predictable periods tiny pills, which is nice effective birth control little bit of weight gain, BUT i just moved in together with my boyfriend and i'm probably picking up some of his bad eating habits. so possibly disregard this. basically, i was expecting some sort of reaction from this, anything. it's been 6 months and nothing has changed. i don't feel like i'm on a medication at all. previous to this i was on the nuvaring, which i think gave me some bad side effects. its so hard to tell, because i was in a crappy relationship which can bring about side effects of its own. i was worried that i'd never be able to remember to take a pill at the same time every day, but you know what? you get used to it. i just set an alarm on my cell phone and it's really helped. even if you are a couple hours late, its really no big deal. i'm a fan <3

Guest Jesse
Guest Jesse

less acne, no babies, really short periods, minimal cramping really tired, changed appetite/weight gain, moodiness, price Helped a lot with acne. I only break out the week after my period, and it goes away fairly quickly. My periods are really short, like 3-4 days, when usually they are 6-7 days. I've never really claimed to have PMS, and have never used it as an excuse for my bitchiness, but WHOA, the week before my period I am straight up mean!! I only get moderate cramps for 1 or 2 days, which is a definite improvement from incredibly horrible cramps for 5 days. I get really tired now & end up taking naps, which I haven't done since I was 5. I wouldn't necessarily say that it has made me gain weight, more like it has changed my appetite which has made me gain weight. Decreased libido, but there's not a birth control I haven't taken that hasn't done that. Changed the odor & viscosity of discharge.

Comments

No babies, predictable periods that aren't very long Little tired, gained 20 pounds within the two years I have been on it, more emotional It works - no babies! However, not a fan of the weight gain!

Comments

Ended up with blood clots and heart damage none I've been on other birth controls with non of these effects yet this one almost killed me and had left me with serious medical problems and heft health bills.

Comments

- No pregnancies - Predictable and less painful period - Didn't clear my skin (may have made it worse) - Very moody (quick to anger, emotional breakdowns) - Disturbing thoughts - Possible weight gain (about 10 lbs) - Very tired - Decreased libido I switched to Cyclessa from Loestrin 24. I normally have mild acne, but on this pill, I have moderate acne. I have been on it for about 6 months. It uses one of the same hormones as Desogen, which I took for about a year in 2007. Desogen kept my skin pretty clear, but I had no libido and gained about 30 lbs while on it. Cyclessa gives me about the same side effects as Desogen: - I am very irritable. When not on BCP, I am a very laidback person. Now, the littlest things make me fly off the handle. - I have had two serious emotional breakdowns while on this pill. I cried myself sick both times and thought about suicide. The only other time this has ever happened was once on Desogen. I finished that pack and switched to Nuvaring (and quit Nuvaring because after 2 yrs my skin started breaking out). - I sometimes think that I would be better off without my BF even though there is no reason to think so. Most of the time, I feel so in love I can hardly stand to be apart, but every now and then, I suddenly want him out of my life for no reason at all. - When I took a year's break off the pill, I was losing weight at a rate of about 1-2 lbs/week and reached my goal weight of 160 within 8 months. When I went on Yasmin in May 2009, I maintained my weight (but Yasmin caused me lactose intolerance and IBS which went away when I discontinued it), but when I switched to Loestrin 24 in October 2009 and then Cyclessa in February 2010, I have been gaining back all the weight. Nothing else has changed to explain the weight gain, but since I can't go off the pill right now to test that, I can't be sure. - I have been incredibly tired on Cyclessa just like on Desogen. Normally, I sleep about 8 hours a night, but on this pill, I need abouut 10 hours a night and still not enough. In short, BCPs involve a lot of trial and error. I still haven't found the right one for me, and everyone's experiences seem to differ.

Guest Jazzy

regular, on time periods, only 3-4 days on period as opposed to 5-6 before i started to take pill, acne has improved by far. sooo emotional want to cry about little specific things, headaches from time to time, little expensive i like the pill and i am going to keeping taking it for a very long time.

Comments

I had severe. and i mean really bad acne on my back and this cleared it right up!!!, not preggers :), and predictable periods. Yay! buttt waittt.. the cons---v definitely outweigh the pros! heavier periods. Suuuper moody! i went from nice to bitch in a matter of seconds! also veryyy emotional! everything made me cry! I agree with Sara from Iowa,, i definitely dont feel like myself!! :( oh and i think i might have blood clots in my legs! if you are having irregular periods or suffer from acne,, you should give this pill a try. (that's what got me to try it) plus everyone reacts differently to the pill. However, considering that it made me an emotional mess and now I might be suffering from blood clots I am getting off this pill. I am actually stopping BC all togther! I rather have irregular periods and acne than go through these possibly fatal symptoms. not worth it. Cyclessa thank you for ruining the past couple months of my life :-(

Comments

my acne is significantly better after one month, not pregnant, free at planned parenthood, haven't gained weight i am WAY more emotional now, crying often, my period was heavier than normal i feel like an emotional wreck, but i am not pregnant and its been a miracle worker on my skin. the emotional stuff has to do with my boyfriend being a jerk, but i have been overreacting to everything. its not good...i am on the verge of tears over small things. my acne was really bad though and its clearing right up...i have received many compliments on my skin since i started!

Guest J
Guest J

Not many side effects. MY BOOBS DIDNT GROW!!!! I took this pill to regulate my period and was hoping I would have the added benefit of bigger boobs. Nope. All you ladies whose boobs grew like two cup sizes I am so jealous! How did you take the pill? LOL. I took mine at night then switched my time to around lunch time. No change in side effects and I often took it dry or with water.

Guest Sally
Guest Sally

Bigger boobs, weight loss, clears up skin upset stomach, little cramping, little moody, little tired It's great, the cons are not extreme. I will settle with those and not waight gain, bad acne, bad mood swings....no thanks! I am into my 3rd week of my first pack. I like my bigger boobs, smaller figure and clear skin. Thanks cyclessa!

Guest Ariel
Guest Ariel

bigger breast i was like a size a now im like a full B cup damn near c and im not pregnant.. Nausea, cramping, loss of appetite, moody(bitchy), and impatient ive been on this pill a bit into my 3rd week... the first week was unbareable i was fighting with everyone around me. ..second week more nausea and now it wont go away but im not prego soo Clearly soo far it works...

Guest alisa
Guest alisa

HUGEEEEE BREASTS VOMITING THIS IS THE ONLY BIRTH COTROL THAT ATUALLY CLEARS UP YOUR SKIN AND NO BABIES SINCE I TOOK THE PILL

Guest Kae
Guest Kae

Already had big boobs but now it looks like I got implants! Slight weight loss, rare cravings, 2-3 day regulated periods, slight mood swings... shrunk cysts.. the first 3 months it gave me light acne and nausea but they both went away shortly this is the first birth control that I have ever taken and I find no reason to change! Many places do not give birth control based on your height and weight but ask if they can! I feel completely normal and have been on it for 6 months!

Guest Sarah
Guest Sarah

no babies, 3 day periods, lighter cramps, cheap extreme nausea and vomiting, weight loss I was on this for about a month, and it did not agree with me at all! It gave me so much nausea, I threw up and got violently ill third week of my first pack, as well as first week of my second pack. I went and got something different (I was on Aviane before this, and now I am on Lutera, Aviane's "sister" drug) and have seen no nausea since my change-over. My doctor thought it wasn't just the pill that was making me ill, but after I quit Cyclessa I noticed almost an immediate change. I lost quite a bit of weight (7 pounds in a month) because I didn't want to/couldn't really eat...I felt so sick, and nothing sounded good. Just thinking about food made my stomach turn! It did it's job though...no babies! Just didn't work for me.

Guest Jazzy

No break outs or heavy bleeding It works well and I've tryed two other types of birth control and went right back to this one because it didn't make me break out or bleed for two weeks.very low mg pill love it.every womens body is different find the one that works for you stay away from the ones that give you less periods.GEt the lowest mg you can for your weight ask your doc and don't just take anything they give you because it's a free sample they are just tying to push new product know your stuff google different types of pills and get feedback before choosing one. : )

Comments

Huge breasts Moodiness, depression, anxiety, acne, weight gain, stomach issues, you name it. I was on this pill years ago and did not realize how much it messed up my life! I have been on it again for about 3 months now and I cannot function on this. I am crying every day every hour! I don't want to do anything. I def. do not feel like myself.

Guest Melody
Guest Melody

Cleared skin up, breasts larger. Super Tired, Super Moody, Super Emotional. Started crying over small irrelevant argument. Just make sure you have a boyfriend who is understanding and I guess you are good to go.

Guest Casey
Guest Casey

No kids, regularity, no acne, larger breast. First few months I had very heavy period, it regulated. It works! Cheap! Wonderful!

Guest Julie
Guest Julie

No Baby, NO ACNE!, No Weight Gain Moodiness is severe It Works Amazing! The Mood Swings Are A Terrible And There Is A Little Bit Of Nausea

Guest Heather
Guest Heather

Never had acne, regular periods and no weight gain. First month made me a little sick to my stomach I was on Cyclessa for 3 years and never had any problems.Then moved and had to get a new doctor and this doctor recommended Ortho Lo.The past two months have been nothing but problems for me. My breast HURT and now I am 27 years old with acne that wont go away! I told the doctor only 1 more month and then I have to go back to Cyclessa.

Comments

breasts definetly bigger, not what I take it for but a nice addition! no moodiness!!!! sick to my stomach every morning, not terrible, but consistant. hungry all the time - eating more has caused slight weight gain. It took a long time for me to find a pill that doesn't make me moody or sad or cry all the time! The nausea is really irritating, but it's a small price to pay for preventing pregnancy with consistant moods! My periods have always been regular and light. This pill caused my entire period to happen in pretty much one day, which is really the opposite of pleasant. I'm anxious though to see if things balance out a little after a couple more months. I have mild acne and haven't noticed a change for better or worse.

Guest Kristine
Guest Kristine

Clearer skin, no weight gain, no baby, no spotting (yet) Slight cramps, tiredness So far it's working great with minimal side effects. As with starting out any new pill, there's bound to be some side effects, especially if you are switching from a pill with a higher hormone dosage.

Guest Sandra
Guest Sandra

Made my boobs bigger, prevents kids gained weight, got acne within the first three months and it wouldnt go away. Its still here im gonna switch bc pills. I had major mood swings, and I NEVER get moody. This product is the devil. I suggest yaz! If you want acne take this pill

Comments

Never got pregnant. I do not feel like myself anymore, very very moody, depressed, HUGE lack of sex drive, headaches, anxious... I was told that some birth controls can make you feel a little crazy, depressed, etc. I have been on Cyclessa for two years and it clicked that I started having my anxiety attacks when I starting taking this birth control...now that I am aware of this I will not be taking this anymore because I do not feel like myself anymore, I am always tired, unmotivated...etc.

Popular Oral