Cortaid Hydrocortisone (1%) Cream Reviews

Brand: Cortaid

Cortaid Hydrocortisone (1%) Cream

Use cortisone liquid - not cream

The problem with cream is that it is greasy, which is not good for cystic acne. So in the shampoo section of the drug store look for Scalpicin. This is 1 percent cortisone in an alcohol base. (avoid generics - they use different active ingredients) Don't put this on your whole face - but it is great for individual outbreaks. What I do is pour some into a jar and let it evaporate a bit (to get a higher concentration) then use a q-tip to dab it on the cyst. Do this a few times a day. The cyst will get smaller - sometimes it has even gone completely in a day. Really good stuff

Comments

Cortisone works real well.

This stuff works really well along with other itch creams. It reduces the swelling and dries up the pimple. But now, I shall tell you the acne clearing GOD of all time. It is an itch cream, but for bites. It is, behold, the all and powerful, Chiggerex Plus! OMG I LOVE THIS THING. It is literally FRIGGIN AMAZING. the first time I ever used it, it didn't do anything. Second night, 3 of my scars were gone, and what was a enormous pimple, a small red dot appeared. I put this stuff on every night before I go to bed. I try to tell all my friends about it. This thing is seriously a miracle worker. And funny thing, it works for bug bites too. I really wish I could post a photo for you guys. Again, it is called Chiggerex plus, for chigger, tick and all bug bites. Fast, soothing releif. (It really does work for bites too.) GET THIS STUFF. SERIOUSLY. LIFE CHANGING. JUST DO IT.

Comments

Cortisone is dangerous to your skin!

Stay away from using any creams, ointments, gels which include cortisone. Cortisone is unsafe to use on the skin for long term use as itcan cause a number of permanent side effects. Skin reddening, skin atrophy and skin thinning just to name a few. Look for products without cortisone if you want to protect your skin.

4 Stars for helping scars

in my opinion this is not a cure for acne as it works by removing a layer of ski. I know this as i use it for my eczema and it works wonders for it . I have used this on acne scars and its made them less visible and no one but my self really knows they are there.However as this is an eczema treatment it may contain liquid paraffin which can cause spots as it clogs pours. i recommend going to see your doctor about treatments and if they don't work they can refer you to a dermatologist. In my opinion antibiotics are the best for acne and this cream or any scar creams to fade acne marks/scars.

Comments

Hydrocortisone Cream is my new cure for Acne.

I have mild hormonal acne only around my jawline (chin and upper mouth area). I recently bought some hyrocortisone cream because I had a weird breakout on my cheek and I NEVER breakout there so I suspected it was a rash. I still don't know if they were pimples or not, but after a day of using it, the hydrocortisone cream completely eliminated them! I then thought, maybe this will work on these three big painful pimples on my chin? What do ya know? I've been using it for about 3 days now and they've reduced in size by at least half and are shrinking by the day. They are not painful anymore and one is almost completely gone. I also apply this with benzoyl peroxide 5% by Clearasil to speed up the effect but the hydrocortisone works great on its own! I also use polysporin to heal the pimples during the night.

Best for painful nodules

Relieves pain Relieves redness Doesn't improve the time to go away It doesn't really improve the time it takes for nodules to go away. It does make it a lot less painful though.

Comments

I have tried this a few times for acne cysts/nodules on my chin and nose area. The first time I used it, I applied it right when I started to feel the cyst coming up and after 2 days with application morning and night, the cyst stopped hurting and shrunk. The same thing happened the other times I used this cream! It doesn't work as fast as a cortisone shot from the derm, but it's cheaper and if you are patient, it will work to take out some of the inflammation. May thin the skin area if applied to often or for long periods of time. Use sparingly and only when you really need it. Give it a try, it's cheap and it might work wonders for you!

Comments

made my cyst bigger, redder, overall acne worse nothing I used hydrocortisone on my cystic acne and next day it was 10 times worse, bigger horrible...please don't use it...and get a cortisone shot if that what you are looking for

Comments

Noticeable difference overnight, reduces redness and size. A little greasy I have hormonal cystic breakouts on my neck and jawline and I've tried everything including internal and topical medications. NOTHING worked, except getting the cysts injected, which obviously I couldn't do every day. I tried Cortaid cream first on my chest at night (for a light/minor breakout) and it was basically gone by the next morning. I tried it on my face the following night and it brought the redness and size of the cysts down hugely. Totally affordable and effective. Definitely worth a try. I recommend putting it on at night because it is a little greasy and doesn't really work under makeup.

Comments

Within 2 days I had noticeable improvement none after 3 months of having painful large red cysts and trying everything else, it was the hydrocortisone that finally got rid of the cysts completely in a week's time - I was considering going to the dermatologist to have the cysts injected with cortisone but thought I'd try the topical cream first, so happy I did

Guest Kat
Guest Kat

Relatively cheap and easy to find, reduces inflammation and the size of blemishes, works quickly. None, so far! A few months ago I was researching methods of clearing up cysts, and I read something on the Internet about using this cream to help the swelling. I picked up a tube of Walgreens' 1% hydrocortizone cream, and it has really worked for me, even on big cysts I've had. Apply it any time, rub it in and let it sit on your face for as long as you want. I often leave it on overnight on problem areas, and (especially combined with the Tea Tree Oil from the Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick that I also use) it really helps bring blemishes come to a head quicker. I have really sensitive skin, and after using it as a spot treatment for a few months (I wouldn't recommend using it all over your face), I haven't noticed any negative effects on my skin from using this product (like breaking out more, getting a rash, etc). I really love that about this cream, because harsh treatments like salicylic acid or BP can dry out and even burn my skin sometimes. It's not necessarily a miracle product, but it's worked well for me. Try it and see what it does for your skin!

Comments

-Made my huge, red, & painful cyst almost dissapear over night. None so far. So they say when you have a cyst to go to the dermetologist for a cortisone shot. Well I can't afford this so I figured I'll just put some cortisone cream on it & see how that pans out. I had a big ugly red cyst on my neck so I put some HC cream on it & a bandaid over it. When I woke up I didn't see much of a difference, & by nighttime it was bigger, redder, & so much more painful (but the make up I used to cover it up probably didn't help! lol) Well anyways, I did this again that night, HC cream & covered with a bandaid, & like I said by this time it was HUGE. Well I woke up this morning & it's a freakin miracle. The swelling has gone almost completely down, isn't red anymore, & isn't painful. I am doing the HC cream again today & tonight & I'm really hopeful that this thing will be completely gone by tomorrow. & after reading all these reviews I think I may try the HC cream on my other pimples too, I'm just a little nervous because of how greasy the cream is. But I'mma try it!

Guest Jordan
Guest Jordan

Gets rid of acne/red scars None I had a huge rash on both of my legs and my mother gave me some hydrocortisone. Within' a week it was gone. I figured if it could take the inflamation of my legs it can take it off my face. So after 5 years of heavy acne and investing in many products, this completly cleared my face within' a month.

does your last name start with a "w" annd i thought this was very helpful
does your last name start with a "w" annd i thought this was very helpful
Guest chocomilk
Guest chocomilk

A little drying. I only have mild acne and as such when a pimple fights I try too hard. So my skin got irritated and I got more acne.... To make a long story short, I went to the doctor and got Hydrocortisone Creme, 1% and in two days time many of my pimples are dried up. Also, the skin is returning back to normal and I feel like my face will look good once again.

Guest anonymous
Guest anonymous

makes redness disappear. soothes. corrects blotchiness. reduces swelling and itching. none so far I have mild acne, the thing is that whenever i get a zit/pimple it tends to be extremely painful and hard to get rid off. i used to get frustrated by zits to the point were i scratched and scratched my face to make the pimple come off which made the appearance even worse and my skin would become so irritated that a black patch would form. but with cortaid all the blotchiness has disappeared. i use it as a spot treatment with my regimen and it works out excellent. whenever i have dry or irritated red skin i dab it on, or whenever i have a people. i have tried everything: proactive, obagi, clenzi derm etc. almost anything u can think off. all of these products just made my skin irritated since i have really sensitive skin.

Guest diane w
Guest diane w

Good stuff None Ive used everything and nothing seem to work until i used it and in two days i see a big difference in my skin

Good none Well Try it ...The stuff might work

Guest Bobby
Guest Bobby

Easy to apply and helps with ingrown hairs I have found. Helps the skin heal and reduces redness and scaring. none do it, it might actually work better for certain people than benzoyl or salycic (or however you spell them)

Guest john
Guest john

I just put it on any red bump, or if i feel like a bump is going to come to the surface soon. it typically decreases redness and helps make it go away...never been a HUGE help, but definitely worth using. none Its cheap, its simple, and its easy. I dont think this is good for people with bad bad acne, but for me, I get a pimple here and there, and it is nice and gentle on my skin, while also making the redness go away. GL!

Guest ashley
Guest ashley

I had a huge cystic bump that actually turned black without squeezing after attempts with hot compresses, tea tree oil and numerous other remedies I used thes hydrcortizone cream it seems to be working great. I put it on before bed woke up and the s none so far give it a shot!!!! u may be suprised

Comments

Makes red bumps disappear. Soothes irritated skin. Feels light and not oily. Can be drying, especially when used with Benzoyl Peroxide---just a bit more moisturizer will help. I've been using the regimen for almost a year. It has definitely improved my skin significantly, but I still would have little bumps on my face that would sometimes flare up into a breakout, especially right before my monthly cycle. When I started adding 1% Hydrocortisone cream, the rest of my acne cleared up in 3 days. I couldn't believe it. Really---I've tried EVERYTHING for ten years (Proactiv, Salicylic Acid, Neosporin, Sulfur Masks...) and the anti-inflammatory cream worked better than anything. My skin hasn't been this nice in at least a decade. Worth a try!

Popular Household/Natural