Complex 15 Therapeutic Moisturizing Face Cream Reviews

Brand: Complex 15

Complex 15 Therapeutic Moisturizing Face Cream

Best moisturizer ever!

Best moisturizer ever! My esthetician recommended this to me 12 yrs ago and I still use it every day. Its light but still moisitrizers my very dry sensitive skin. Can't live without this stuff!

Comments

Not as great as I thought it would be

People were praising this product for a while, so I gave it a shot - unfortunately, I found that it was way too light to accompany a regimen consisting of regular BP use. It didn't fight flakes very well, and given how runny it was, it was like putting water on the skin. The price is a bit much for the size of the tube, and how much you have to end up using. It was also surprisingly shiny, considering how thin and runny it is. I can imagine this would work well for people who don't use much in terms of topicals, and have only slightly dry skin - but if you need a good, solid moisturizer that will offset the drying effects of BP / topical retinoids / heavy exfoliating, go with something like CeraVe or Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion.

A light lotion perfect 4 regimen if U don't like Dan's

I use Complex 15 DAILY. It's the same formula, that's just what it's called in Canada. I like this lotion, it's light and non irritating. There are a few ingredients to be concerned about but YMMV. For me the three ingredients over 3 on the so called scale (btw the comedogenicity scale is pretty inaccurate) don't bother my easily congested skin. With DK's Aha, this works perfectly.

Comments

Inexpensive Works great Non greasy None The best moisturizer out there! Moisturizes without feeling too greasy.

Comments

lightweight calms never irratating none

Comments

-light weight -no fragrance -irritated my pimples -formed new pimples -does not moisturize If you have extremely sensitive acne-prone skin, do not use this. It contains an ingredient "Myristyl Myristate" which is a comedogenic ingredient (as Dan has also mentioned on this website). The cream irritated my pimples and made them itchy. This might work great for others, but if you have extremely sensitive skin (like me) beware.

Comments

No scent Didn't irritate Doesn't moisturize Extremely runny, not a cream at all Makes my face feel tight After 5 minutes felt like I never put it on in the first place I really wanted this to work. It has great reviews. This product is very runny, runnier than regular lotion, and applying it to my face it felt like a gel which was gross. It absorbs fast but left my face feeling tight and dry and didn't help at all with my dry patches or anything. Every time I would use this it would leave my face feeling tight and dirty and I'd want to wash it off.

Guest Sunny
Guest Sunny

- Doesn't break me out - Light/Comfortable (depending on whether I mix jojoba oil with it) - Fragrance-free - Cost-effective - Not very good for day time use (makes me look oily) - I have to order online You have to put a bit of effort into this product because using BP has made this moisturizer (and all others that I own so far) a bit ineffective for getting rid of dry patches. However, to make it exceptional/heavy duty, I simply add jojoba oil (as directed on the site) and use disposable sponges to make sure the application is smooth across my face. :) I gave it four smilies(?) because I would not recommend this for daytime use. It gets me quite oily/shiny in a matter of a couple of hours.

Comments

- Light Weight - does feel greesy - no shine - absorbs easily - cheap - doesnt break me out - created by dermatologists! Hypo Allergenic, Unscented, Non Greasy, Non-Comedogenic,Oil & Lanolin Free!! - doesnt moisturize enough - no SPF great product, no shine, good for my face, cant even feel it, however it doesnt moisturize enough but it couples GREAT with jojoba oil which takes care of that and gives me great look & feel throughout the day

Comments

Decent moisturizer Leaves matte finish Non comedogenic No smell No SPF Best moisturizer I've found while on the regimen! Leaves a matte finish, so if you have oily skin this may be better then other moisturizers. If you have super dry skin, this might not be moisturizing enough but otherwise, it's awesome. Wish there was SPF though!

Comments

light too light for around eyes and lips - use in combination with another heavier lotion Love it! Can't live without it.

Guest SethC
Guest SethC

- Nice consistency - Unfragranced - Good moisturization - Non-comodegenic - Leaves a residue on skin - Makes my skin feel oily - Makes my skin shiny This stuff is okay. It provides good moisturization and helps keep my skin soft. It works well at getting rid of flakes and makes my skin nice and soft. However, it is a bit greasy. I can feel it on my face and it never fully soaks in. At the end of the day I can see a visible shine on my face.

Guest Voce
Guest Voce

Light, non greasy. Excellent for summer use here in the humid South. Too light for use in the winter in cold climates. It's the only one that doesn't look greasy on my oily skin. Works great w/the Regimen. Olay Sensitive gave me milia. Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture didn't clog my pores, but made my face greasy. Complex 15 is a winner!

Comments

moisturizes excellently without making my face oily, cheap, a little goes a long way, doesn't make me break out, no annoying smell, helps with the slight dryness that the regiman causes me. none, really!! i would deffinatly reccomend this product to people who either have normal or oily skin, cause this is wonderful!! it takes care of the few flakes i get from BP, and makes my skin so smooth and hydrated!! i love it!! i can also get it at my local drugstore which is like five minutes away from my house! but this is part of my PERFECT regiman that i have come up with: -CeraVe hydrating cleanser (best cleanser i have EVER used in my life!) -Dan's BP (of course, cause its the best, duh!! :-D) -complex 15 moisturizing face cream (can't live without it!) -Dan's AHA (for the occasional unde-the-skin zit!) trust me people, i have searched for YEARS and YEARS for the right regiman and i finally found perfection!!!! i love all these products and reccomend them to realativily anyone!! even my MOM uses the CeraVe cleanser and loves it!! so give them a try if you haven't already!!

Comments

Soothes skin, doesn't cause breakouts, reduces dryness caused by regimen, contains no parabens, lanolin or mineral oil. Not available everywhere, small bottle doesn't last very long. I love this stuff! It completely calms my skin when it burns after the regimen. It's also very light under make-up. My boyfriend said it also helped with his razor burn.

Guest Sarah
Guest Sarah

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion worked a lot better for me. I got them both at the same time and I liked the CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion way better. I thought the CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion cost more at first but it is such a big bottle it cost less then this. This is still pretty good. CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion is better. CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion but this is still good.

Comments

Did not break me out. Very light, non greasy. Was not moisturizing enough for me... it felt like I was rubbing water on my skin. I would not use this again. Switched to Olay Classic Moisturizing Lotion for sensitive skin, which is excellent. This would probably be good for acne-prone, oily skinned people who aren't seeking very much moisture. However, it did not do much for getting rid of BP induced flaking and it looked gross under my foundation!

Comments

Very smooth Does not cause acne Moisturizing None Easily one of the best moisturizers I have tried so far. I recommend it.

Guest Seth
Guest Seth

- Absorbs quickly - Nice consistency - Pleasant to use - Cheap - Not very moisturizing - Small tube size - Does not reduce redness I've been using this as a substitute for Olay since they changed the formula. Complex 15 has a nice runny, fluid consistency and it absorbs very quickly. It doesn't leave a shine and has a pleasant fresh smell. However, it is really not a very effective moisturizer. My skin isn't even very dry, but this cream makes little difference. In addition, the Olay was always good at reducing down redness caused by Benzoyl Peroxide, but this cream has no effect on redness. It's a pleasant cream to use, but it's not very helpful in tackling dryness and needs to be frequently re-applied. I would definitely avoid if you have very dry skin.

Comments

Nothing added (no fragrance, tints, parabens...etc.), cheap, not greasy, doesn't clog pores. Not hydrating enough for very dry skin, no SPF. I began using Complex 15 a little over a year ago. My derm recommended it for me when I was on accutane. It worked wonderfully to moisturize my dry skin! It didn't clog my pores and it didn't make me look greasy. However, 2 or so years after accutane, my skin has gotten increasingly dry! Only in the winter months, but God, winter feels so long! With that said, the Complex 15 just doesn't provide me with enough moisture when my skin is very dry. :( A few hours after I put it on, (I put it on at around 8:30 am) it dries out and I'm left with flaky skin again! If one has very dry skin to the point where if they don't use any moisturizer their skin is flaky and sore, I wouldn't recommend this. Or, I'd use something stronger during the day. Now, Complex 15 is great for when my skin is combo in the spring and fall as well as when I'm oily in the summer. I just wish they had different strengths so those with very dry skin could use this amazing product! Ugh...Nothing can be perfect can it? Also, there's no SPF included in this. It's so nice to be able to use one product without having to find an spf and a separate moisturizer! But, I've yet to find a good moisturizer like complex 15 with SPF included. If anyone has suggestions, PLEASE let me know by messaging me (kissme)!

Comments

Light, absorbs quickly, good for when you want something guaranteed to be grease-free I had to use a ton of it. One application wasn't enough. Even though it had great absorption and didn't make me feel greasy, that was trumped by the fact that I had to apply 3 or 4 layers before my skin stopped feeling dry. Even then throughout the day, I felt dry again. Especially when using BP, I don't think this is a feasible product. I think it'd be great in the summer time for when I want something light, and not using acne meds that dry out my skin, but in the fall or harsh PA winters, it just didn't work out for me.

Guest Pat
Guest Pat

I've been using this cream for nearly 30 years... it is the best !! a real hidden beauty secret. It is the basis of my daily regime AM and PM. I even use it on my eyes. I have always gotten great compliments on my skin . Hard to find. It had been available in most all drugstores ( DR, CVS RiteAide) etc.but now I can only find in non-chain drugstores. It's just the BEST!! Keeps you young looking.

Comments

doesn't burn or sting, non-greasy, smooth, no scent, calming, soaks into skin, perfect consistency none! I have tried many moisturizers in the past (including DK's) and thought I had a good one (Oil of Olay beauty fluid) until I found Complex 15! I read the reviews on here and decided to try it. I found it at CVS for about $7. Being accustomed to buying Oil of Olay, this is not AT ALL expensive to me. Today, I applied it after washing my face. I skipped the BP for now b/c my skin is SO irritated and red from it. This stuff is amazing! For the first time in a LONG time, I was able to dab on concealer w/o my skin peeling and flaking right off. It is non -greasy and just feels good. It also soaks right in unlike some other moisturizers you have to really rub in. After it was all soaked in, my skin was glowing! I have skin that is extremely dry but also VERY oily and it doesn't look as oily as it normally does after applying moisturizer. An oil blotting sheet took care of it. I'm so glad I found this moisturizer - you've got to try it!

Guest Sharon
Guest Sharon

Reasonable price, no prescription needed, watery so feels like it's natural, works well to start, is light not heavy base, easy to apply, does not break me out, helps a lot. Does not last very long, has interesting smell to it, really does not do anything for dry skin over the long period of time. This has been a great product to start with but as I am getting older, I need a moisturizer that will stick with me throughout the day. I do not wear makeup so I do need the protection and I am battling to find the right one without causing my skin to break out. Great stuff in a pinch!

Guest Vicki
Guest Vicki

Not greasy. Absorbs into skin immediately. I have combination skin and it's also very sensitive. Non irritating. Affordable. no SPF It was recommended to me by the Cleveland Clinic about 4 years ago for a good moisturizer and have been using faithfully ever since. I've een told I look much younger than my age. What's not to love about it.

Popular Dry/Sensitive