Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion Reviews

Brand: Clinique

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion

best moisturizer for oily skin

this is the only face cream i tried and did not make my oily skin worse. Instead, it helps to keep my oils on a healthy level. Recently, I use it as a primer in combination with the Clinique all about the eyes cream for the dryer areas. It works perfectly.

The worst

I started looking for hydration lotion for my face after my beautician adviced me to keep my face more hydrated. I did alot of surveys, compare alot of reviews and finally I decided to pick this bottle. I am with dry skin but oily in my T zone. At 1st when I apply this lotion, I feel my face is supple and smooth. But a nightmare came just after less than 5mins this lotion stayed on my face. My face is really oily and sticky, a thick shinny oil layer formed on my face throughout the day. I have to use tissue or oil blotting paper several times to remove excessive oil. What upset me most is it break my face out =(... small/ tiny pimples, whiteheads started to form especially on my forehead, eyebrow & under nose area. This will never be a HG product to me and I will not recommend to buy this lotion. Absolutely not worth the penny.

Comments

Worst Clinique product I ever used.

I decided to buy this lotion after my beautician adviced me to hydrate my skin more. I did alot of surveys on hydration products and finally I decided to pick this bottle. My skin is dry but oily in t zone. At 1st when I apply this lotion on my face, my face feel very supple and smooth. But a nightmare came after less than 5 mins the lotion stayed on my face. My skin is very oily and sticky. There is a thick shinny layer of oil on my face throught the day and I have to pat my face with tissue or patting paper several times to remove the excess oil. It break my face out as well :(.... my face started to have more small pimples especially on my forehead and eyebrow area. Conclusion, do not waste your money to buy and try this on your face. Should use your $ to buy some other else.

:(((!!

honestly am so disappointed with this product. I bought it out of curiosity from sephora, and the woman told me it's for all skin types. I thought I could just use it as an everyday facial moisturizer. That night I tried it and it has a very light feel but goes on oily, and has an odd scent. The first day was fine but after the next 2 my face was more oily than it usually is and I was having a small break out on chin & cheeks. On top of that I had just started trying the clinique spot treatment and that combo was AWFUL my face was burning after I put it on, and the next day oily YET flakey/red. I've always had good skin and after trying different products like these my skin no longer looks as clear as it always has.

Comments

Depends on your skin type

This seems to work for everyday use to keep your face soft and give it a bit of a glow, but it does not work well with dry patches due to acne treatment. I like to use it at night because it doesn't look right when I use it in the morning and put my makeup over it. I look like I have severely oily skin when I do this. It never broke my face out more though so for that reason I really enjoy using it.

LOTION vs GEL

Smells nice and light. Never greasy, always light. Not irritating, leaves skin soft. Easily confused with the gel. Won't do much for acne. I love them both. I keep a bottle of the gel and the lotion handy at all times. To me, it seems that many reviewers are either confusing the lotion with the gel, or they don't realize that they are two different products. I like to use the lotion at night and the gel in the morning because I feel that it wears a bit better under my foundation. In the winter I use strictly the lotion, and in the summer.. (you guessed it) I use only the gel. Neither are effective on extremely dry skin. They are mostly for maintainence/prevention.

Comments

smells nice makes face feel smooth pricey greasy/shining feel on face This is a good product for people with combination/oily skin who need much added moisture. I happen to have extremely dry and easily irritated skin that is prone to breakouts from even the slightest ingredients. This product unfortunately made my face break out but i did not use it long enough to see any difference. Once i start breaking out i discontinue. Hope it works for others.

Comments

Leaves skin soft and supple. Doesnt break you out Gentle Not heavy. Doesnt really hardcore MOUSTURIZE. So if yo uneed a product that gets in there and gets rid of flakiness, this may not be your BEST bet. I hear its expensive, I dont know.. I didnt purchase it myself. This is good for people iwth acne because its light, definately doesnt break you out, and leaves skin soft even and supple If your meds are giving you alot of peeling and flakiness tohugh, tihs isnt very effective.

Guest D
Guest D

* Doesn't cause breakout * No bad smell * Bottle lasts A LONG time * Expensive * Not very moisturizing I've used this moisturizer since my mother took me to Clnique to learn about makeup when I was young. It was great for years, but once I hit my 20s my skin began to change from normal to dry and I find that it doesn't reduce dryness at all. At night I use a large amount on my face in hopes I'll wake up with my dry patches gone, but they never are. I use a bit in the morning, but it makes my face extremely shiny. After years, I've finally decided it's time to give it up. It's great if you don't have dry skin, but otherwise not too helpful.

Comments

* Moisturizing * Lasts a long time * No Breakouts * Not too heavy * Doesn't smell bad * Can't use in the morning due to it making my face too oily It does what it's supposed to which is moisturize my face, but it makes my face too oily for me to use it in the morning. It doesn't settle on my skin fast enough I suppose. Right now i'm using it as a night lotion and searching for a morning lotion. I don't think I will repurchase because i'm sure I can find a more suitable lotion to use during the night, and I don't like using it in the mornings. I do have oily skin however. I would recommend this to dry/normal skin.

Comments

* Keeps skin moisturised, soft and supple * Works great on my combination skin * Doesn't break my skin out * Bit expensive I use the GEL, not the Lotion - Make sure you ask the Clinique Sales Assistant for the Combination/Oily Gel - not the lotion - If the Sales Assistant doesn't know, get it online. - If you get the wrong type for your skin you can break out. For eg, if you get a sample of the Clinique Type 2 Lotion for Mild Skin (they break their formulas up to skin types - if you have acne it's likely you are either a 3 (combination) or a 4 (oily)) you could break out badly as the formula is designed for drier mild sensitive skin types All in all I love this product. It smells nice and my skin drinks it up leaving it really moisturised, but not oily and shiny. Recommend usage if you use the Clinique 3 Step as the whole system is designed to be used in conjunction with each other.

Comments

+ somewhat moisturizing + the packaging - expensive - not moisturizing enough; leaves a sticky layer - unpleasant perfume-like scent - poor ingredients It just wasn't moisturizing enough for my skin. I am never bothered by the price if the product works well for my skin. But this product simply didn't work for me, it didn't do anything for my dry patches.

Comments

Moisturizing Doesn't leave skin feeling sticky or oily None I have been using this lotion for about 3 years and it is honestly the BEST face lotion I have ever used. It keeps skin supple and is great for those of us with oily skin. FANTASTIC.

Comments

+Applies to Gel version only: good for people with mild acne who are not currently using a topical acne treatment +Cannot be used in conjunction with topical Rx acne treatments (probably wouldn't work well with non-rx BP either). This is a review for the Dramatically Different Moisturizing GEL (which is slightly different than the DD Moisturizing LOTION): I used this product since I was probably about 16 (I just turned 24) - I always loved it and felt that it did not aggravate my mild case of acne. I did not want to use the original (lotion) version because I felt it was too greasy. As a teen with manageable acne, I felt that this was the perfect moisturizer. Well, things change... A couple years ago my acne started to get significantly worse so I went to a dermatologist who prescribed Epiduo - as soon as I started using the Epiduo, I had to stop using DD Gel. The gel is so light and absorbs so quickly into skin that, when used in conjunction with the Epiduo, it STUNG so badly that it made my eyes tear. I still haven't settled on an alternative moisturizer but I can definitely say that I would NOT recommend DD GEL to anyone who is using BP, Epiduo, or anything similar on their face - it will only cause further irritation.

Comments

It's just OKAY Greasy Not for every type of skin. Makes my skin shiny I used to use these products when I was much younger and they worked. But once I hit about 12, I began to have clusters on zits on my face. I am now almost 20 and now I just have clusters on my cheeks. I don't wear face make up, I don't use scrubs, I don't use masks, never had a peel. It's frustrating to not see any difference when hoping for the best. This product made my skin oily, shiny, made me break out.

Comments

I've only used this product once or twice in certain occasions, and it seriously WORKS. The next morning, my pores were overflowing with oil.. -_-;; -Recommended use for DRY SKIN only. If you have oily skin, this product is not for you! Price Paid = $0.00 because it was a sample.

Guest Chanel
Guest Chanel

-Nice -Light -Feels soft -Pricey! Non greasy and you can buy a smaller size at sephora for 12.00 and its worth the money because its basically the same size bottle of a moisturizer from the drugstore if you buy the smaller bottle

Popular Moisturizers