Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup Reviews

Brand: Clinique

Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

Good for oily skin and large pores

I have very oily skin with occasional breakouts (~1-2 big pimples a month) and larger pores on my nose. This foundation actually makes my skin look amazing, nearly perfect. It doesn’t make my pores look worse, in fact they look way better. I would say this is a medium coverage foundation with mostly pink/cool undertones (most shades run cool). The finish isn’t purely matte, more of a satin finish but when powdered down it will not transfer. It will not look cakey even when I use setting powder, contour, blush, highlight and finishing powder. I found it just as easy to blend as the maybelline fit me matte and poreless. This foundation doesn’t break me out or clog my pores (I make sure to double cleanse whenever I wear makeup). Overall, I prefer this to my maybelline foundation, Estée Lauder double wear foundation and the Too Faced peach foundation.

Comments

Dry patches all over face after using, burns while applying.. EEK

I really wanted to love this foundation because I have heard so many good things about it! HOWEVER, this foundation is not for me :( This foundation completely dried my skin out and I have to stop using it! Also, every time I apply this foundation it BURNS my skin. This is not ok, I also think that it is making me break out more and is giving me redness. Maybe I just have SUPER sensitive skin and I react to salicylic acid. I definitely do not recommend for someone with sensitive skin.

Comments

Oxidises, oily, caused cystic acne

upon applying this foundation, even the lightest shade was too dark. It also makes the texture of acne look even worse! The foundation oxidises throughout the day, looking very orange - by no means a natural shade. I have given it 2 stars because it is very full coverage and covers all redness. The foundation does not stay on for very long and became oily after just a few hours. After just a few uses of this foundation, my acne broke out in cystic acne. I have re-visited this foundation and tried to use it in multiple different ways however the flaws still exist for me! Definitely would not recommend for someone with acne.

have repurchased many times

Im not sure if this foundation actually does help your acne in terms of calming breakouts but generally it works really well for me. It goes on well with a beauty blender and has high enough coverage to conceal all my current breakouts as well as any hyper pigmentation I have left over from old spots. I do sometimes get bit oily on my chin throughout the day when wearing this but its nothing that a bit of powder can't fix and it comes in a shade pale enough to match me which is a great bonus as with many foundations I've tried in the past even the palest shade is too dark. I hate spending lots of money on makeup but this is something that i'll happily fork out for, and its not as expensive as other high end brands.

Hate/love it

Doesn't leave ur skin oily, so use a good moisturizer under. It drys on ur skin (which is sometimes a good and bad thing). I use the fairest shade but still it oxidizes and darkens, makes me acne so much more noticeable. It's good coverage tho and from all the foundations I've used I keep coming back to this. I just wish I had better skin so I could do without ANY of these stupid foundations :/

Comments

Not the foundation for me but don't rule out Clinique entirely!

This foundation gave me light-medium coverage, dried up my skin and left me with more blackheads and rough patches. However, I did find my skin was less oily at the end of the day than my skin is with other foundations. Clinique do a wide range of oil free foundations and even though not aimed at acne prone skin I am finding their stay matte oil-free make up to be best for my skin right now.

Breaks me out!!

Coverage of this foundation is good (but the colour is only good when I have a tan, the palest colour is still too dark for my winter skin). BUT it breaks me out!! This is crazy since it's the opposite of what it should do. I have been acne free for about 5 months now due to finding the right pill, but still have lots of red marks and scars. Every time, on the very same days when I put this on my face I end up with one or two spots for the first time in months. I ordinarily use estee lauder DW and I will continue to do so as it doesn't break me out at all now, unlike this one. On top of breaking me out this foundation doesn't last all day like others of the same price and it continues to feel sort of sticky on my face. I can always feel it when I wear it, and I would expect MUCH better of a product this price. I wouldn't recommend this product.

rogue g

I have used all the Q10 products from Garnier, Roc, and Clinique. I can't say for certain it has helped reduce any fine lines on my face, I have very few at age 34. I have however been using the Somaluxe Firming Lotion (for my face) and I have very few wrinkles and the skin around my eyes is quite supple and taut (although this could just be good genes and nothing to do with the product). The Somaluxe Firming Lotion is not like Roc or Clinque where you have to act like the product is gold dust and use sparingly. . .its a large bottle which I like. It lasts a long time.

love

I love foundations for acne skin. I have acne prone skin so I need all the help I can get. I like coverage skin tone is pretty good even if its a little pink for me. I don't like that it does not have a pump. Price is not to bad.

good coverage

This is a great foundation if you have acne. It covers great! The reason I put a no to why I wouldnt buy it again is because the color selection, there is nothing for my yellow undertones. They are all too pinky and peachy color for me. I love the coverage! I wish they would make more yellow base colors.

long time fave

this product has a natural finish and will NEVER look cakey like most foundations, although with this comes the medium coverage, which is fine because thats what concealer is for! The only downside is I am horrendously pale and even the lightest shade will oxidize to look very unnatural if i don't blend down my neck. I use a beauty blender for application and have never had a problem with it in the 2+ years i have been using it!!

great for acne skin

this make up is a great make up for acne skin also smell great no harsh smell , ONE down side about the product is the size of the bottle for the price you pay ( light to medium coverage ) tip get a good beauty blender to help even the foundation

Comments

Doesn't help, but doesn't hurt

This is my everyday makeup simply because it does not break me out more. I have been using it for a few years, and through clear skin and bad breakouts, my skin does not look any worse or better whether I wear it or not. Unlike most of the other users, I actually have had good results with blending this makeup. I think with the right brush and the right person behind the the counter helping you pick a color you really can get a great color and coverage. I do suggest that you blend the foundation down onto your neck so that you don't get any weird lines and that you put a powder foundation over your face AND chest to further your blend, but that is up to you. All in all, this has been a great foundation for helping me feel more confident in my own skin. But as I stated previously, this is not a treatment, it will not help your acne at all.

Comments

Good for acne prone skin

This stuff is pricey, but I think it is worth it. While it isn't going to clear up your acne forever, it will not make it worse either. I bought this at least 3 times over and really enjoyed using it, although I did find that I used it up quickly. Good coverage and kept me matte longer than other foundations, although I did find the colour range a bit off. It didn't irritate my skin and definitely helped fight my spots while I was wearing make up.

Hmmm

Prior to acne, I always wore a lighter coverage clinique foundation. I switched to this after my massive hormonal breakouts when Accutane failed. As others have stated, it does not blend well, however, it does work well to hide my redness. I will continue to use it for a bit just to see...

Hey I am considering doing accutane and have already started the process, do you think it is worth trying? I have heard both really good and really bad outcomes and do not want to make my skin worse as I am now only getting about one cystic pimple a week, yet I am 21 and would like to just be done with it forever.

Doesn't help with acne

If you are thinking of buying this because of its acne-fighting ingredient, you'll be disappointed - it does nothing. As a foundation, it's just as good as drugstore products or might even be a little worse because of its colour. It has medium to light coverage and doesn't blend in well. For $33, it ain't worth it.

My back-up foundation.

I have dry, sensitive skin and it has never caused my breakouts to get worse. This is more of a light/medium coverage foundation that works for when I just feel like covering some particularly bad spots. The color is probably the worst thing about this foundation, it's fine when I first apply but after a few hours it seems to get darker (more orange in my case). I've never had trouble blending it but definitely not a creamy foundation. Shouldn't be used as treatment (why would you do that??). Overall just a meh foundation. You're better off trying to find a drugstore foundation that you love.

Comments

Don't cause yourself the anxiety and depression of further breakouts

After reading so many positive reviews and being adviced that this foundation was exactly what I was looking for ; high coverage or acne scarring whilst not causing further breakouts (which every liquid foundation seems to cause me). Well this took it to a new level after two days I have been left with seven of the most angry aggressive spots you could imagin aswell as ruined skin with spots that are likley to leave red marks for months the product also ruined my make brushes. I was sure to cleanse my face properly with my usual routine after wearing this and by half way through the second day I could feel a couple of spots coming up through the skin and didn't use the product for that third day, this didn't help. Also without the major breakout the foundation isnt great: 1. IT CAUSES UNREAL BREAKOUTS 2. It does not blend well 3. Coverage is not buildable as it is very cakey 4. It doesn't blend at the hair line 5. Drys very quickly 5. It darkens in colour during the day 6. YOU WILL RUIN YOUR MAKE UP BRUSHES WITH THIS PRODUCT I had to give this 1 start but if I could I would have opted for -10. PLEASE DON'T USE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU TEND TO BREAKOUT!!!

Comments

good but not for drier skin

I bought this from Debenhams a few months ago, I paid under £20 for it which I feel reasonable as I normally pay around this amount for foundation. The MUA matched my skin color really well so it looks very natural which is good & it comes in a variety of colors for every skin tone. The foundation works well to hide & conceal redness of the skin & does hide spots and blemishes well too. I would advise to use a proper skincare routine & not rely solely on this blemish treatment foundation. The only problem I have with this foundation is that its finish is very matte, it dried my skin quite a lot so I feel it is not suited for normal/dry skin. More suited for oily skin! The MUA in the shop recommend I pair it with a highlighter such as benefit high beam but I feel it doesn't make much difference. I still continue to use this product as the benefits outweigh the cons. A good tip is to apply lots of moisturizer when using to relive dryness

Popular Foundation