Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System Reviews

Brand: Clinique

Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System

Amazing, however, don't use it like this..

This face wash works so well. At first uses, it cleared my acne and left me feeling fresh everyday. But I had constantly been harshly rubbing my face when using the toner as I felt like it would remove a larger percent of the dirt. I also used it day and night everyday making my skin extremely dry. Due to this, I developed an allergy to this set, my eyes get puffy (r e a l l y puffy), and it makes my face red and itchy. It hurts so much yet I continue the use of it ~ It does work, just don't use it the way I did

Comments

Very confused and don't know what to do?

Hi I'm 15! I've had really bad facial acne for the past 3/4 years and these past few months I have literally had clear skin! I use clinique anti blemish foam, Yasmin pills and occasionally duac. But since the beginning of this month my skin has been constantly breaking out and my cheeks are red and stiff. I haven't changed anything in my routine I wash morning and night. Does anyone know why this is starting to happen now and how I can prevent it cause I really don't want it to go back to how bad it used to be?

Hey there love. Your review stood out to me as I’m currently using this system alongside Yasmin pill. I’m a month into both and I haven’t seen improvements in my acne which is hormonal! Did you find a solution to your problem? Did you ditch one of the treatments or has it improved over time? Thanks and sorry for the questions, feeling a little desperate xx

Not for me

I have cystic acne and very sensitive skin. This product was not for me. It irritated my skin and made me break out for a few days. I like how it made my skin feel after washing though. Just wasn't a good fit for my skin problems.

Love it!

Out of many many many products I have tried, Clinique has worked the best by far. Despite this product not clearing all of my acne, it has made my face so much clearer than I though possible. I am not afraid to leave my house without makeup on anymore! However, don't use this product twice a day cause it will dry out your face. I use it every night before bed so that it doesn't dry out my face. Overall I love it!!

Comments

Awesome when used correctly!

This is a very effective product but it only worked well for me after learning how to use it correctly. Here are my recommendations: 1. I use 2-3 pumps when using the cleanser and rub my face with it for ~10 seconds. 2. After drying my face with paper towel, I use cotton pads to apply the toner. I usually use 2 pads ( one for each half of face and neck). You need to get gentle pads that don't have exfoliating beads or bumps on them. Also, be very gentle when applying this. Do not rub hard as if you are removing more dirt by doing so. 3. After toner has dried, apply about a dime sized amount of the clarifying lotion. **4. This product is very drying to the face. I only apply this product EVERY OTHER DAY. On days that I am not using this product, I use the Cetaphil cleanser and a good moisturizer. Hopes this help!

Horrible!!!!

If you have sensitive skin, stay away from this product line of "acne solutions". It made my skin itch horribly and left my skin red for a couple of days. It made my acne worse and dried my skin so badly. $27 dollars for an irritated face, no thank you!

Clinique anti blemish solutions 3 step system

I am 22 and have suffered from back acne since the age of 15 and facial acne since around 20. I started using the 3 step Clinique anti blemish solution set (cleansing foam, clarifying solution and moisturiser) for nearly 2 months. I have had positive results so far - my skin is not too oily or too dry, and I have seen a reduction in the number of spots on my cheeks. I would recommend this to people with facial acne who want to keep any new breakouts under control To note I also apply Duac gel to any new spots before bed and I am also on 408mg Lymecycline and take 2 tablets a day

confused

i started using this 3 days ago and i don't know what to think about it. it's getting the pimples that i wanted to go away, to go away but i'm also getting a few other pimples? is this supposed to happen. i'm gonna keep on using this till it's finished just to see if it actually does work. update: did not work as good as i thought it would. it made the pimples on my forehead that i wanted to go away, go away but other than that it made me break out more on other spots. Right now i am using Cetaphil facial wash and Witch Hazel and let me tell you those 2 things are tha bomb. com lol. it's a whole lot cheaper than this product tho.

AMAZING

I am so happy with this system. After 5 years of suffering with moderate acne, I have finally found something which keeps it at bay. My skin is not totally clear YET, but after 3 months of using this it is a hell of a lot better than it was before. It reduces redness and makes skin tone look more even and clear. I still get spots, but they seem to disappear quickly and rarely leave a scar. I recommend everyone to try it even though it is quite expensive, but if it works, it's worth paying the price.

It was my savior until

I started Clinique when I was a broke 14 year old whose face was an oily sheen dotted with yellow bumps and her pulled fully back into a pony tail showing my mess of a face for all to see. It started as a gift- the set which lasted me about 3 months and boy were those months the best. My face was less oily and less covered in this yellow dots. But then I finished it and I didn't have the money for it. 3 years by and I had enough money to cover Clinique for the next 3 years- there was improvements, not the greatest, but improvements nonetheless. Eventually I decided to drop because the price was so expensive and my skin had become accustomed- it was like throwing money into the drain basically. Overall, it really helped my mild/mod acne during my HS/College years.

User214603

Only thing my skin seems to not break out from..mostly

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Clinique but I have used this before for my acne and it did an alright job. I switched off of it and after a long hard battle of trying to find cleansers and moisturizers that didn't break out me out, I gave up. (they all broke me out like crazy) So, I went back to this set in desperation. I went from using nothing to this and my face started clearing up on the first use. The toner burned like a mother though and it itched pretty bad. I guess I'll keep using this set. The drawbacks are the CC's it gives me on my forehead and small cystic pimples on the sides of my face every once in a while. But I'm going to try and find something that counters those effects. It's worth it because my skin hates everything else. :( I'll probably switch out the moisturizer but for now, this'll do.

Comments

Dried my skin like no other

I have acne that really isn't too bad, sometimes I get stubborn acne on my chin due to hormone imbalances, but it goes away usually fairly quickly. However, the lady at the Clinique counter still recommended this product for me and it was absolutely horrible on my skin! I naturally have reddish/blotchy skin due to being so pale, and this aggravated that even more! What's worse is how dry my skin got, I had large patches of extremely dry, tender, and peeling skin after using this product line for maybe two weeks to a month. I had to switch from the lotion in this line to Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion because even the lotion in this package irritated my skin and made it burn! Turns out I have sensitive skin and the alcohol in this product made the problem even worse. It took probably a good month of applying lotion every few hours and going without makeup to make the dry patches go away, and the product didn't even help my acne! That being said, there is an acne gel that Clinique sells separately that's sometimes recommended along with this product, and that does help my acne without drying my skin (it's a spot treatment though, so I only apply it on my acne), hence why I gave this 2 stars instead of just 1.

Did not work for me

I am giving this a 3 star rating as it was the first thing that worked for me after 20 years of BP and antibiotics and derms. This gave me a 20% improvement rather than the increase in acne I got after BP. However it made my skin dry and itchy. It was not as dry and itchy as it got from BP but it was not something that I could live with.

Stay away!

After one application of this stuff I ended up in the hospital because my face was so swollen I couldn't move my mouth to talk and my eyes were almost shut. They had to put me on an iv which still didn't help get things under control. 4 days later and another trip to the doctor I am still in agony. I have never had a reaction like this before. It's all been quite horrifying and I hope there is no permanent damage. Sent an email to customer care over 2 business days ago and still have not received a response. Returned the product and am now down the $11 for return shipping charges, costs for prescriptions to try and get relief and am on day 4 of not being able to leave my house because I look like a monster. scary!

Comments

Cleared up angry spots but left my skin dehydrated with blocked pores.

I used this range for around 2 years. After around 18 months I swapped out the moisturiser for a cheaper Simple moisturiser as it had a horrible consistency on my face and left me feeling greasy. I found the foaming cleanser and toner to be useful in preventing my red, angry spots but there are far too many chemicals in these products for my skin. My skin became dry and my pores clogged further. I was told by Clinique staff that I had to use the full range to see the full effects (surprise, surprise) but I now find a cheaper Clearasil face wash, the Clinique anti-blemish toner (or Garnier Micellar cleansing water) and a light Simple moisturiser is a good balance and works best for me. So you can mix and match these products!

Best luring Sales, Worst Skincare

I have use 3 steps ( Type 2) as my roommate recommend me to try on when I first encountered clogged pores. I have used them for 3 days then I swear I will never ever ever buy any products from CLINIQUE again.  The cleanser and toner irritate my skin so much that it appears red the whole day. Also, more clogged pores and inflamed white heads emerged which never happen to me before. The moisturizer cause allergic red spot on my face, itchy red bumps on my chin, which is the first time I have allergic reaction in my entire life. I have to turn to a derm as Clinique worsened the whole situation. Wont buy it, wont ever consider it, wont trust sales from a chain store ever again.

Comments

Not a fan of Clinique's acne solutions

I have been a loyal clinique makeup user since I was in high school. I never found the prices to be overwhelming and I liked the coverage. not only that, I think the customer service when you go into a big store, is great compared to some of the other companies (free makeup application etc!). So when I started to break out in my mid-30's, going with Clinique's solution was a no-brainer. Again, I didn't find the prices to be wholly unreasonable but this time, my beloved brand did let me down. The customer service was, as always top notch, but I have come to the conclusion that either they are more of a make-up brand than an acne brand or the customer service people who helped me, didn't know what they were talking about. Since I didn't know anything about acne, I went with what they recommended and boy do I regret it. What I thought was a bad breakout got worse. My entire face got red and blotchy and the pimples started popping up with even more of a vengeance. This is all bad enough but then when it comes to the products themselves, I can't say I loved them. The cleansing foam doesn't come out of the bottle very well and it seems like you need a lot to thoroughly wash your face which makes you need more product in a jiffy. I have come to learn that some of the things that I didn't like about this product weren't about the product itself but were due to the lack of communication from the company to me about what to expect. For example, the redness that I experienced was due to me having a sensitivity to benzoyl peroxide - something the person who sold it to me should have probably mentioned would be a possibility. Or when I called their customer support and asked what was going on. I only learned this because I called Pamela at Ninja Skincare and she walked me through not only what was going on with my skin prior to using Clinique but also why Clinique was having such a weird effect on my skin. I went with Ninja and haven't looked back. Am now enjoying the clearest skin since before my babies were born 3 years ago! I am giving it 2 stars because I still love me some Clinique makeup, but am sticking with makeup only from now on! I would not recommend their acne solutions products.

Worth the splurge!

I bought this set out of desperation. I visited my dermatologist last week because my face had gone mad after coming off dianette. She recommended I try the Clinique acne solutions - mainly the moisturiser as I'm using a 10% benzoyl peroxide. My skin is fairly used to drying products as my acne is VERY stubborn. If your skin is not used to benzoyl peroxide I would stay clear of this. It did dry my skin out for the first few days - but the clearing moisturiser is a god send and got rid of all the dry patches for me! I've been using this for nearly two weeks and I've noticed a lot of the redness and whiteheads have gone down considerably. I am using this combined with Epiduo and antibiotics and am happy with the results so far :). Worth a try if you are desperate! The set is fairly expensive but I think this set would last me nearly two months, a little goes a long way!

Popular Over-the-counter treatments