Clinique Acne Solutions Cleansing Bar Reviews

Brand: Clinique

Clinique Acne Solutions Cleansing Bar

Always come back to it

Tried Cetaphil and it did NOT stop the breakouts. My skin must be addicted to this bar. Have used it for 3 years and will continue to keep breakouts at bay!

Comments

I always come back to it...reliable results

I've tried others, I ALWAYS wind up coming back to this. It consistently keeps my acne to a minimum without backfiring and causing more acne a week or so later, it just keeps working. It's actually milder than their "mild" bar, which is good, because that bar can be a little too drying. I recently started using a Clarisonic and chose to use this as my cleanser choice. The Clarisonic can drive your cleanser deeper into your pores and this one I trusted not to cause any clogging. I can also use this occasionally on my back and shoulders with a back brush and it keeps my skin looking healthy, clear and polished. I really love this soap. I highly recommend it.

Best Product Ever - I couldn't be happier

Pros- o Works amazingly o Better then the foaming cleanser o Cheeper then the foaming cleanser o Lasts forever ( at least 6 months or more ) Cons- o A little drying without a moisturiser I have been on the Clinique 3 step treatment since July 2013. All I can say is the cleanser and toner is absolutely amazing but the moisturiser treatment is really a disappointment. It made my skin more oily and worse. I stopped using that after two weeks and started using the dramatically different moisturising gel. It works perfectly and helped clear my acne in a week. I then started using the soap bar only a few weeks ago as I released that the foaming cleanser was a lot more expensive and I went through it in just over a month. This soap Bar lasts forever. Im so happy. It does dry out your skin a little if you don't use moisturiser but thats what its designed to do. Its made my skin better. I don't really have breakouts anymore only one or to on my chin area monthly. I honestly have never been so happy with a product. I recommend this product ( as well as the toner and dramatically different moisturising gel ) to anyone suffering from acne. THANK YOU CLINIQUE!

Comments

Use this bar to get rid of acne on my back, chest and arms.

Lasts for a long time. Really lathering. Keeps my bacne under control. Not a huge fan of bar soaps for the face, not sanitary :/ I purchased this bar soap to get rid of cysts on the back of my neck. It worked for a while but then it kind of stopped working, but it really keeps the rest of my body free of acne. It is gentle and I love the smell it has (I know it's fragrance free but it smells really good though lol)

Guest K
Guest K

cleared up all acne on face and chest in just one week none As a 35 year old woman, I have tried many acne products, This is the best one that I have ever used. I was starting to break out on very bad on my neck and chest after being in the sun or working out. This soap works great! So great, that I just had to write a review (my first review ever!)

Guest Kimberley
Guest Kimberley

Keeps skin clean and controls oil Skin has cleared quickly using the bar soap rather than the foam No cons! I love it It is a little expensive and hard to find sometimes, but I think it's worth it. It makes my skin nice and clean and controls my oil well. I have noticed my skin get much better after using the bar soap rather than the foam for some strange reason. Not using the whole 3 step Anti Blemish as my skin has cleared. Using this soap in conjunction with the Type 3 - Combination/Oily Clarifying Moisture Lotion as I was finding my skin was getting a bit dry using the harsh alcohol Anti Blemsish Lotion.

Guest Ashley
Guest Ashley

Very mild Fragrance-free Clears breakouts without irritation Removes all makeup and oil Not very expensive Acne may get worse the first few weeks of use Flaking of skin may occur the first few weeks Bar soap isn't the most convenient Hasn't completely cleared my skin I've been using this pretty consistently for a few months now and it's probably the only medicated cleanser that hasn't irritated my skin and made my breakouts worse. For a medicated soap it's very mild. I realized that medicated cleansers I was using in the past made my breakouts worse because they contained artificial fragrances and dyes that can irritate skin. This soap doesn't contain any of that stuff and it's definitely helped reduce my acne. Will continue buying.

Comments

Cleans well Doesn't make acne worse Creamy lather :) Fragrance free BURNS REALLY BAD Leaves face so tight it's hard to smile Drying At first, I liked this bar. It didn't do much to clear my acne but it felt good.I had to stop using it at one point and decided to try it again last night.It burned so badly I almost screamed!After using it my face burned and I couldnt smile! Just because I had a bad experience with it should hold you back from trying it because our skins always react differently to different things.

Comments

-most of my acne cleared -smoother skin -decreased amount of blackheads -little pricey I guess, but worth the money! -can dry out your face a little...cera ve worked the best for me when that happened -don't think this will clear up scaring, because it doesn't. I'm telling you, get the bar soap rather then the cleanser in the bottle! it's the same thing, but the bottle is more expensive then the bar soap! The whole Acne Solutions Step Kit (minus the lotion) is awesome. It really cleared my skin and I definitely see improvement. I only have a 2 very small zits on my face as of right now AND it's that "time of month" and I always break out when I get my period so I gotta say this works GREAT. most of my blackheads are gone! The bar soap dried out all of my zits, in a good way, and made my skin clear.

Comments

Not too drying, but controls oilyness Leaves skin feeling smooth Didn't touch my acne Increase in Blackheads Expensive It might be good for mild acne, but it didn't touch my spots at all, and I noticed a big increase in Blackheads. Not worth the price.

dpe

worked after first use in face, back, and chest...amazing! a little expensive bot completely work every penny. the lotion part of the 3 step program has abit of a funny smell, but not bad, and works so well i woudnt care how bad it smelled i used this as part of a 3 step program, and i felt and saw the difference after the first use. i hate to sound like an add but its true.I have been on the pill for 7 years for acne and wanted to come off it, but my skin flaired up, and didnt get any better over the next few months. the lady at the clinique counter gave a sample of the 3 step acne solutions program to try, as i was sceptical and didnt want to pay the money and risk it not working. it worked so well, my acne began to dry up and the redness reduced after the first use, and it just keeps getting better. it didnt dry the rest of my skin out at all, it felt soft and smooth, and my friends noticed the differnce after day 2. i cannot rave highy enough over this product! i would reccomend this to any one.

Guest TeaSteph
Guest TeaSteph

Lasts a long time, does not dry out skin too much, does not irritate skin. Cannot be used alone, must be used with a moisturizer to avoid uncomfortable dryness of sensitive skin It works really well. It cleans out the skin without over-drying it or causing irritation. After I wash my face with this bar, my pores become visibly smaller. It is suitable for all climates all year-round. No need to change it because it's very humid in the summer. :-) Your skin will become dry if you don't follow it with a moisturizer, I've been using Clinique's "Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel." I started out with moderate acne throughout the month and now I have very light acne (about 3 zits per month) during the week before my period ONLY! Another advantage of this product is that it lasts forever! I have been using the same bar for 6 months now and it'll probably last another 4 months.

Popular Bar