Clindoxyl Clindamycin (1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel Reviews

Brand: Clindoxyl

Clindoxyl Clindamycin (1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel

Only cream that worked so far

I'm almost thirty and always had acne since I was 14. After using Roacutane for 9 months my skin got much better. But I would still get pimples close to my period and other days for no certain reason. After that used the pill for 3 years, which kept my acne under control. After decided to stop, acne came back worst than before. My doctor prescribed Clyndoxyl gel for me and has been the only thing that certainly work for me (apart from a low sugar-flour-badfat diet, which is difficult for me to refuse in some special days). I don't use Clyndoxyl anymore simply because it's an antibiotic, and as such has its side effects. But I would certainly recommend. I'm looking nowadays for a more natural product that helps keeping my acne under control. Still searching though 😕

Works wonders

This product is truly a miracle cream. I suffer from hormonal acne and within a week of using this gel, my acne was almost 90% clear. What I love about is that I didn't experience an ib and it managed to clear the deep under the skin pimples that I had. What's rather unfortunate is that it's been discontinued in my country, South Africa; and no other acne medication works as effectively as clindoxyl gel for my skin.

Sg8
Hey, I just got mine today. You can find it in Dischem or other pharmacies other than Clicks.

Fabulous product

Unfortunately for my skin it wasn't enough, but generally I would highly recommend it for keeping infection under control and limiting breakouts. I used it daily for 16 months. It really stung and dried my skin to start with from the peroxide but geez it cleared up my skin quickly

Really works

Took me 1 month to have a flawless skin . unfortunately I had to stop using it due to my intestinal problem( ulcerative colitis) :( . If you dont have any bowel disease go for it , working even if you have big painful cystic acne

Works Great!

It took about 5-6 months for Clindoxyl to start working, but after this initial period, it has been working wonders! I started the cream at the end of October, and by March by skin was absolutely perfect. During the first month or two, my skin was so irritated and super dry and red, but don't give up! You have to wait through that period and stick with it, because it'll be worth it. I used to have horrible acne on my chin and around my mouth, and I haven't had a pimple in months. Not even one. You can even skip a day or two of Clindoxyl and you'll still be fine. I suffer from food intolerance, and my skin was always super sensitive to food/alcohol, sweat, etc. but now it no longer is. I use this cream in the morning, paired with Differin cream in the evening (both prescriptions), and the combination is awesome. It makes my face feel a little bit dry, and it makes my skin a bit oilier, but nothing some moisturizer and powder can't fix. Would totally recommend! Don't give up if your skin isn't great in the first few months.

Worked great at first, lost effect after 1 year

This gel cleared up my acne very quickly. The acne did not completely disappear though. It didn't help with redness or scarring. After 1 year, it became completely ineffective on my skin and my acne resumed. This would be a good treatment for someone who needs a short term fix for mild/moderate acne.

Love it!!

I've been taking Clindoxyl Gel for maybe a year now (Clindoxyl Clindamycin (1%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%)) and it has truly worked wonders for me (I am 22 and started taking it at 21.) I have not had any skin irritation problems and the acne along the sides of my face is practically completely eliminated. If I ever get some zits there, it's during that time of month. While the Clindoxyl Gel didn't get rid of the acne along my jawline and underneath it, it helped a lot to control it and keep it to a pretty good minimum. I started taking Vitex a couple of months ago and that has helped a lot with the acne along my jawline and under it. I started taking Clindoxyl Gel because it worked so well for my friend (female, same age as me.)

Comments

3 weeks in....will update this post regularly.

I started using Clindoxyl on August 24th, so it has currently been 3 weeks. In that time, I have dealt with one cyst in the area where I applied on my cheeks, and also in an area near my nose that rarely ever breaks out; I have a feeling both pimples were related to the clindoxyl since I started applying directly in those areas. It seems the pimples I experienced were an initial "purge", as BP and most other acne medications make you break out before it gets better. Additional changes I've made: drinking more water and green tea, changing pillow cases regularly, using an AHA 2x a week (Reversa, from Canada), exercising 3x a week, and supplementing with 1000 mg Vitamin C. I will check back and update this review pretty much monthly for the next 6 months. I know how annoying it is to read somewhat hopeful reviews and never hear about how the person's skin reacted after prolonged use. 1 MONTH UPDATE: Its September 24th - the areas to which I have applied Clindoxyl are actually pretty clear. Still dealing with scarring but that is to be expected. 1-2 small whiteheads in areas where I don't apply the clindoxyl, but they go away within a day and aren't too noticeable. 4 MONTH UPDATE: Its December 26th - the areas where I regularly apply Clindoxyl remain clear. In fact, I now put it on every other day or every 2 days, depending on how dry my face feels. I still get pimples in areas where I don't apply the clindoxyl (e.g., on my temples), but I don't really care about those kinds of pimples - I was using the clindoxyl mostly to stop the big pustules that formed on my cheeks and so far it has done a great job.

Comments

Really effective, however can cause certain pimples

I decided to finally see my doctor about my acne in order to get my skin nice and clear, as I have combination skin with moderate acne. When I first tried this out, I found that it felt a lot like glue but it felt really nice on the skin. A lot of people have complained that it dries out their skin, but for me, it actually made it feel softer and healthier. At first, I did breakout quite a bit, but I stuck through it, and after about 2-3 weeks, it got a loooot better. It did an amazing job getting rid of my pimples, as all my small pimples disappeared while I used this. However, I noticed that I always got this one HUGE pimple here and there while using this, even though everything else cleared up. Luckily, this only happened in the first 2-3 weeks, but afterwards, Clindoxyl kept my skin clear, smooth and in great shape. I noticed that this is most effective when you apply it to your whole face and go to sleep with it. It also makes my skin feel very clean the next day and makes it feel like my skin's immune to breakouts after a while. I also noticed that you probably need to keep using this for 6-12 months, as I used it for 2 months, and then stopped, causing my face to break out again a couple of weeks later, so I am currently deciding to repurchase it. It's kinda pricey, as it cost $60 for me to buy, but it lasts around 2 months, and it works well for me, so it's definitely worth it. I will continue to review this product as I will start using it again shortly. :) UPDATE: I am now beginning my second trial of Clindoxyl, along with oral medication. Hopefully this works well, and I'll continue to update as I go. I just got off of TactuPump, which helped greatly at first, but now stopped working and also caused my face to be quite red. My doctor prescribed me Clindoxyl for the outside and the oral medicine for the inside, haha. Wish me luck!

Satisfactory

I've used Clindoxyl previously while on Diane-35 and it cleared my skin up perfectly in about 3 months. Diet, exfoliation or sweat did not affect my skin. I went off Diane-35 and there was a back-order of Clindoxyl and in about 8 months by moderate acne came back. I have been back on Clindoxyl for 10 weeks now, applying it every night after moisturizing (before moisturizing tends to irritate my skin way too much) and my acne is mostly improved. Exfoliation with just a washcloth still makes me break-out and I can't wear make-up because it will show the dry skin. My skin is also quite rough and red in places but hopefully that will get better once I can decrease the dose to once every other day. Basically, it works, but you have to be quite careful to wash your hands, moisturize enough, but touch/irritate your skin as little as possible.

Works for a while

I used this, with along Retin A, and Minocycline to clear up my first experience with acne when I was in middle school. The combination worked beautifully, and once I got off these medications I stayed clear for about 8 months. Then, my acne came back worse, and I was prescribed Clindoxyl Gel. It worked for a while, but then it wasn't doing anything. My skin became resistant to the topical antibiotic in this gel. Just use this with caution, and don't immediately quit using it once you are clear. Ease off of it.

Comments

Not amazing but it works

For me, I am quite satisfied with the product. It did make my skin more sensitive when I first started using it but as time went by, my skin adjusted. Pros - Works fast (see changes in about a week) - Don't need to apply a lot for it to work Cons - Bleaches fabrics (e.g. towels) - It causes facial redness. For example if you apply it on one spot only on your cheek, that spot will be visibly redder than the rest of your face. - If you stop applying for one day, chances are the acne will come back. - If applied on clear skin (no acne), pimples will surface. - Dries skin but easily fixed by applying moisturizer - Expensive Overall, despite all the cons, I am happy with the product. :)

So would you recommend on spot treating rather than on the entire face, as you said that if applied on clear skin, pimples will surface?

powerless

my 15 year old son has bad acne over his entire back, arms, forehead, face, chin, neck and now starting on his chest...been using this product for a couple months and i really dont see much change.....i feel powerless not being able to help him, you can only wash so many times a day.....

Doesn't really work

I've been using this product for a couple weeks now and I don't think it's doing much to my skin. But to be quite honest, I think my acne's getting worse, I've been getting pimples in places I have never had pimples on before :(

Comments

does not solve the main problem

I had mild but very persistent acne on my forehead and on my chin. I used every night for three months as advised by my dermatologist and it did not help at all. Made my skin more sensitive, flaky and dried it out. Although it did help to dry the big red pimples out faster then it would've been without it, it does not address the cause and did not keep me from breaking out more and more :( If you have hormonal acne talk to your dermatologist about Diane 35. That's what made the change for me.

Comments

Extremely effective, but dries skin

Works extremely effectively at reducing large, red pimples Works quickly, can be used over large areas Reduces acne markedly in a few days Dries skin which can cause itchiness This stuff works magic if you need something strong that will actually work for your acne. I had moderate acne and now after a few weeks while I still have some they are all extremely small, and have been reduced drastically. The biggest con is that it dries your skin A LOT, and it doesn't make it super red, but sometimes it gets itchy, which can be annoying. I would definitely say that the benefits outweigh the drying though, and would recommend it.

Did you put it on your entire face or just spots?

AMAZING but pricy $$$

clears acne in a week(in my opinion) no odour pricy and u need a prescription break out if u don't use it anymore must use product for only 2 months, then u have to throw away the rest (says on the package paper) I think there's many Clindoxyl products with different ingredients in it (i'm not sure). I am Asian, I live in Canada, I have oily skin, and I mostly break out on my cheeks and my forehead. I was 16 when I used this product and right now i'm 17.This product is really amazing. I've seen in some reviews on this site where people got this for 7-10$ which is really odd to me cause I had to pay 60$ for mine. Although its very pricy to me, this makes my acne disappear in a WEEK ! YES A WEEK ! that's why I love it so much. I RARELY use makeup to cover my acne. While I was reading the package and such, it said to use the product for a maximum of 60 days and then I have to THROW THE REST ! even if it said that I still used it after 60 days, but it actually made my skin feel irritated and red so I had to stop :/ I hate that when you're done with the product, pimples can easily appear after about a week later or something. I had 3 "refills" when I was prescribed this product, which is 60$ X 3 = 180$ for 180 days of use. All in all, this product clears your acne in a week and your skin will be FLAWLESS ! The reason why I gave this 4 stars, because its pricy, you only get to use it for 2 months (theres a lot of product left even after 2 months), after you run out of your "refills", you have to go back to the doctors again :/

Hi, I also have oily skin and I live in Canada! I wanted to ask how this was applied, like did you put it on your entire face or just your acne spots? Like can you just spot treat and put it on areas that have acne? Because I also have acne on mainly on my cheeks and I have tried other treatments and to my surprise I started getting acne on areas that I have never gotten before (cheeks), and so i want to get rid of them!

Best Acne Cream Out there

Gets rid of acne fast! Doesn't have an odour to it! Makes skin tone equal! Gets skin dry sometimes Gets skin tight Slippery skin when you wash it off with water I had a lot of acne especially on the both sides of my face I had about 20 each and a lot small ones. I had some on my forehead and cheeks and this cream got rid of all them well 70% in about 15 days works well I recommend it!

Comments

Good but doesn't really prevent breakouts

Gets rid of active pimples almost overnight Doesn't dry your skin out Doesn't seem to prevent future breakouts Antibiotic resistance? I have moderate acne and have been prescribed clindoxyl twice - once when I was 16 and once recently. It worked a lot better when I was younger, but it still works now. It gets rid of big whiteheads really quickly, or at least shrinks them significantly overnight, and it has helped improve the overall quality of my skin. It isn't drying as long as you moisturise sufficiently. While it's good for active spots, it doesn't really do much in terms of preventing future breakouts. I'm using it as a topical alongside with Diane, so I'm not really counting on clindoxyl itself to clear my skin. I also think that my skin has become slightly immune to the clindamycin in clindoxyl, because after using it for several months, it seems less effective than when I initially started using it. Still a good product, but probably better for people with less severe acne (and there doesn't seem to be any initial breakout either!).

No Pain no Gain

Reduces Acne Size Clears up skin (might take time - 1 week?) Dryness,inflammation (for first time user) Contain antibiotics. I went for facial before prom and the spa lady gave me this cream. I didn't have severe acne but they were very consistent. The first time I tried it on my skin was dry, itchy, red, and it stinnngssss. However, I kept on using this cream for a more days and my acne really did clear up. My friends noticed the changes and they say. "hey, you look different. I don't know what it is.. but you look different. " To me that is basically the most truthful compliment I got in a while. This product contains antibotics.. so I won't use this all the time. Right now.. my acne is kinda under control.. I don't have a lot of breakouts like I used to. Occasionally, I would get a zit here and there.. but that's probably from my diet. When I do have a zit, I just dab it on and it reduces the size overnight. This cream really works..and I have never looked so beautiful since the first day I got acne. Tip: Don't use it all the time cuz ur skin might be resistant to it after a while.

My face experience the same sensation likr yours I wanna stop using it

Good temporary solution

Works Burns, my cheek is very red, dry and stinging since last night I have cystic acne on one cheek and I've been using this for about five days. Most of the inflammation is gone and only 3 pimples left out of 15, they were the biggest and I think they'll go away soon. However the derm never told me how much to apply and I think I apply too much, using overnight.

on my packaging it says to use a thin layer on the areas you have acne! hope this helps. :)

Popular Topical