Clindamycin Reviews

Clindamycin

Gives Headaches

Tried this for a few weeks. Saw some decent improvement in my complexion. Started getting tension headaches and I could not understand why. Stopped Clindamycin treatment and they slowly faded. About 2 weeks later the headaches finally stopped. These headaches were like no other headaches I've gotten before.

ONLY THING THAT WORKS!

I went to the derm for cystic, hormonal acne on my cheeks that I had been dealing with for 1.5 years. The painful, underground pimples would show up repetitively and NEVER leave. She prescribed me clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide topical. This gel got rid of the cysts and stopped them from coming back. I stopped using the ointment then a year later started getting them hormonally. I again was prescribed cindamycin, and it successfully terminated my persistent acne. Thank goodness for this!

Comments

got jaundiced and saw zero improvement

Like someone else said, this product isn't for people with oily skin, at least from my experience. My skin which I *thought* was oily before got worse than ever on this product - like visibly oily whereas before it was a little more concealable. I had body acne and facial acne - my dr prescribed this for me to use in conjunction with their benzoyl product they had. I heard them tell me about some potential side effects but didn't really pay attention cause that always seems like something that wouldn't happen to me. Anyways, long story short, I didn't notice anything really positive, like no improvement in my cysts, size or frequency. The worst part was that I actually became jaundiced and my mom freaked out, looked up all possible side effects and yup, that was one. She made me promise to stop which wasn't too tough since I wasn't too impressed anyways. I called my dr and explained what was going on, said I didn't like being on prescription stuff and asked if they could recommend some other brand I could just get myself without a prescription. I thought I had tried them all honestly. But she gave me a recommendation of a brand called Ninja. Since she had heard good things (but hadn't tried it herself), I thought I might as well give it a try. I am happy to report that after 1 month of using it, my skin is clearer than after 3 months of using Clindamycin - like I haven't had a pimple or a cyst in nearly 3 weeks. Their benzoyl product was way more effective than the one I was using during my Clindamycin days (although it did bleach my sheets, which was a bummer. I'll take that for clear skin though!).

Comments

Bad for people with oily skin (or maybe everyone IDK)

Comments

the only thing that works for my cysts

when I was first prescribed Clindamycin, I wasn't very enthusiastic about it as it kept leaving my skin feeling waxy and, frankly, gross. I stopped using it the way my dermatologist told me to (I was supposed to put it on every morning but of course I can't go to school like that) and I started putting it topically on my cysts a couple of times a day and also leave it overnight. and that really works! but what's even better, it fixes my dermatillomania excesses. I have an ugly habit of picking at my cysts and they end up looking SO bad. I put Clindamycin on the damaged skin and it seems to take out all the pus and cleans the wound and makes it heal faster. it is definitely worth giving a try, works wonders for me

Clindamycin & BP.

26 year old female. I have been using this lotion along with the BP from the Acne.org Regimen for a little over a week. **My derm. suggested that I use both products together, equal parts so the skin doesn't get used to the Clindamycin. She explained that over time the skin can get used to the lotion and it won't be as effective. I also found that since I was already used to using the BP every morning, addition the Clindamycin wasn't as harsh as other people have mentioned. I was also prescribed Doxycycline 100mg to take twice a day. I was on Accutane for 9 months 9 years ago which proved AMAZING results. Naturally, my acne came back and it was horrible. I started on the Regimen and was following the instructions to a tea which helped control my acne 80%. I also realized that my diet had a HUGE impact on my cystic acne. I went back to the dermatologist two weeks ago because my acne was so bad I wouldn't rest my face on the pillow because the pimples would pop and it would HURT. My regimen now is as follows: wash with the cleanser from the regimen, apply equal amounts on the BP and the Clindamycin (twice a day), moisturize with Cetaphil (for acne prone skin and SPF30). At night I moisturize with the lotion from "THE REGIMEN". So far, I have had no issues with this regimen and actually my acne is way better to the point that I can rest my face down without it hurting and it's only been 1.5 weeks. I will come back and give an update after a month.

Didn't work for me

I have been struggling with acne on my face, back and chest for around 5 years (12 to 17) and this product was the first thing my doctor prescribed. This gave me an IB that lasted for about 3 weeks and then my skin returned to what it had been before I started. Nevertheless, I continued use until I found that my skin had become super sensitive to pretty much everything. I started getting pimples everywhere - in places I had never had them before. I finally stopped clindamycin after 3 months when my skin just kept on getting worse and worse.

Comments

At first skeptical, but it works!!

I am struggling with acne since 2013 until now. It is a combination of cystic acne and nodules and almost all of my breakouts are containing pus; which hurts af. Besides that, my acne is also triggered badly by stress and PMS. So last month, I was trying to use Tidact, another alternative for Clindamycin as it also contains 11.9mg of Clidamycin Phosphate. However, when I first bought it I wore it a few times and stopped because there is no effect whatsoever on my breakouts. I am desperate to find a quick solution. Within the past few weeks, my acne on jawlines and below the chin got worser and worser. I have tried almost everything. Honey, turmeric, lemon, sea salt water. You name it. But no avail. So I'm giving Tidact another shot and wore it continuously for 2 weeks; one time in the morning under my makeup and one time at night. And currently yeah, it works! The breakouts are starting to diminish and leaving only the red, flat acne scars! If you want to use this product, believe me; patience is the key. :) In one of the successful review, it takes 6 months to banish acne completely by using this product. It also works well with gentle facial cleansers such as Cetaphil. For the acne scars I am using Bio-Oil as it works well for me.

Working For Me

So I have mild acne--whiteheads on my forehead and on my chin, and also a few cysts here and there on my chin. I had been using proactive for about 5 years, and it worked, but over the past few months or so the proactive just stopped working. I would get a new cyst weekly, and it would be so painful. I finally scheduled an appointment with the dermatologist and he prescribed clindamycin (the watery solution). The first week I used it, I got a terrible breakout. It's as if all the acne that was "dormant" suddenly erupted, and my face was full of cysts and acne and it was the absolute worst it had ever been. But then after about two weeks it started to get better. Right now, my face is more or less completely clear, the spots are clearing up, I don't have any cysts, and I'm even noticing that my hyperpigmentation is getting better (maybe that's because of my vitamin E pills, I don't know). So yeah, I've only been on clindamycin for about three weeks now but my face is finally back to normal for the time being. As the dermatologist told me, "It will get worse before it gets better. Expect to see results in 2-3 months."

OILY-ER THAN BEFORE!!!!

This stuff does NOT work. I have oily prone skin and this actually has made it even worse!!!! I can't even wear makeup now because my makeup almost melts off my skin and it's disgusting. Even when I use this and go makeup free it STILL makes my skin oily and breakout even more. Ugh so frustrating :(

Zindaclin works fast!

Hi folks! Just started using zindaclin, which was prescribed by my gp on Wednesday, and since then I have noticed that my spots have diminished considerably - there's only one left on my nose but I'm sure that'll go soon, too. However, I am still left with a lot of inflammation (I have inflammatory acne) but I hope that the gel will address that as well but I can't complain, as It is working so well on my skin, aside from the drying effect but I use a good moisturiser so it's not that bad. At this point, I am confident that it will control my acne and help reduce the inflammation in combination with lymecycline (also on prescription) but it's way too early to be commenting on the effect(s) of the latter as I've only been taking it for a few days. Anyway, zindaclin definitely works at getting rid of spots, and I highly recommend it to all those who have papules and pustules like me. Thumbs up!

It works!

I recently started using this in combination with other things to combat moderate inflammatory acne after taking oral steroids for a medical condition. It has really helped the inflammation! I know this is a temporary fix, but hopefully my other treatments will kick in before this stops working (Tretinoin, Spironolactone, Finacea, Ortho-Cyclen). Highly recommend the Fougera Clindamycin Gel (non-comedogenic), but be careful of the Lotions, they often include pore clogging ingredients!

Comments

Made my face greasy and waxy feeling, hated it

This is NOT for people who have oily skin. I saw absolutely NO improvement and every time i used it, my skin became greasy and waxy feeling. It was absolutely disgusting. It made my already oily skin even worse.

Comments

Still new but not feeling it

My doctor prescribed this to me to use in the morning for my bacne. At the time my back was doing ok. It's only been three days and my back has honestly gotten worse. I'm supposed to use this in conjunction with Minocycline and a benzoyl peroxide wash and that I should give it at least 8 weeks to see results. I'm really hoping that this is a "its gonna get worse before it gets better" situation cause cystic pimples along the bra strap during summer are the biggest pain. Literally. :/

Comments

I used to use it and was breaking out like crazy which I thought was due to hormones, but it never seemed to clear me up at all.

Good but not great

Was on it for 9 months along with doxycycline and had somewhat clear skin for 4 months in-between.Works pretty well for cystic acne.

Great!

I was put on this for mild hormonal break outs. It has worked great! No drying. No side effects at all. I use it once in the morning and once at night. With in two days,I started seeing results. Now I continue to use it with very few new break outs. I have struggled for years...and who knew it was this simple to help my issue! I'm going to have my son use this now. I was the guinea pig...now that I know it works,I want him to use it also. Highly recommended to anyone having these same issues!

Its okay

I used this for a couple of months and it took forever to work and it made my skin extremely oily, even when I used moisturizer. I think its works but not for me, and didn't make a difference in the redness or swelling of my acne.

Not Good .

Hey guys :) Skin Type: Oily Skin Color: African American| Brown Product Texture: Watery Improvement of skin: None I used this products for a few months and seen no improving with my skin. I don't know if it is because I have oily skin and the product was watery or what. But I stop using this product on my own !!!

3 years down the road and I am back to do another review on this product. I don’t know what the issue was before and/or what has changed now but this product along with the other things I’m using (check out my page to see the post along with photos from last year until now) has done my skin great justice. Everyone is starting to notice my skin clearing up. My daughter shares the same Pediatrics i had growing up and he was like wow you skin is almost completely clear, he asked what I was using so he could recommend it to his patients. ANY WAYS as of now I give this product FIVE stars !!! I don’t know if it’s the product ALONE or the other 5/6 products I use but I’ll continue to use it until otherwise.

Nothing really

Made my skin very red and didn't control new outbreaks or give me the results I was looking for.

Comments

If this doesn't work within at LEAST 3 months, stop using it.

My doctor gave this to me a long time ago, and a few weeks ago I had to stop using it because I was going to the beach (this gel is known to have bad side-effects if you're in the sun for too long) and during that week at the beach, I could only use my Tazorac night cream for acne. When I got back home after the trip I noticed my skin was actually clearer. I wasn't expecting that AT ALL, since I didn't use it there. I began using it again since I was no longer at the beach and I broke out like CRAZY on my left cheek. I stopped using it that entire month after that breakout, and my acne is almost gone. This gel is NOT for every skin type, even if you have the mildest of acne. Please, ask your doctor if this is the right medication for you. My doctor soon gave me another gel and my face is doing a lot better than the past months with this stupid "medication".

problem pimples only

works well but completely destroys the skin around the pimple, only use for on the problem pimple

Exactly, dark mark has now appeared of the exact same shape of how i applied my clindamycin and nicotinamide gel.

ineffective

This did absolutely nothing for me after 2 months. I ended up having to switch to another antibiotic.

Comments

Gets rid of hormonal acne/ black heads

I used the liquid solution manufactured by GREENSTONE LIMITED. This is the real deal here. Doc gave it to me 2 years ago, and it cleared up my hormonal acne. The hormonal acne was in the entire area of the chin and bottom jaw area with areas scattered further up but never reaching the cheeks. It was almost all blackheads too. This chin acne was my last "wave" of acne, so to speak. Clindamycin got rid of the cherry on the top. I applied it in the morning, sometimes day time, and then at night time. Generally, it took some time to work. Within 3 months, the acne was beginning to clear up. In 1 year of use (also with retin-A cream), my face stopped suffering. Occasionally I will get a pimple here and there but this is avoidable. Clindamycin rids of the pimple in 1-2 days. I think this is a good product to use when you have treated most of your acne from previous years, but either way, try this out. Lastly, if this doesn't work, keep looking. And a tip that might help: never put your face on pillows or clothing, desks; nothing. Never put your hands to your face either. Don't let people touch your face as well. It truly works, even just a bit.

Are you supposed to leave Clindamycin Phosphate Gel USP 1% to dry on your face or do I have to wash it off

Eh its okay

Ive used this medication in the past with another medication called Retin-A. My doctor prescribed it to me and I used it in the morning. I got this medication in a lotion form so it moisturized my face for me. But my face looked so dang oily thats what i hated about using it. It did help fight the bacteria on my face. My acne got cleared within 2 weeks mainly because of the Retin-a. Ive tried using this medication by itself doesnt work for me.

Popular Topical