Clearasil Daily Face Wash, Sensitive Reviews

Brand: Clearasil

Clearasil Daily Face Wash, Sensitive

happy camper

I started using Clearasil 3 years ago. I had started trying a bunch of products to help my acne and stumbled across clearsil. I instantly saw a change in my skin. It felt cleaner. Less oily, and my pimples were much smaller and less red. I did notice if I used to much of this product it dried out my skin and irritated it and made it dry, but I quickly corrected my mistake. Now I use it once every morning when I wake up and night when I go to bed, just a little dab on my finger and rub it in. Works great! I would definitely recommend this product. Just make sure you watch how much you are using, it really makes a difference!

Comments

Not very drying compared to other cleansers and there's no painful burning or stinging feeling the price is decent. Did not work for my Moderate acne that is oily constantly, many other products that you can get that include benzyl peroxide are much better. It would be great for a acne suffer that had mild acne if moderate or Serve i wouldn't recommend it but it's not as harsh on your skin as other products can be this product isn't for me.

Guest ms. disappionted
Guest ms. disappionted

Clearasil applies smoothely on the skin. Other than that, this product not only did not clear up my breakouts, but it broke my skin out even more!!! I saw nothing but red blotchy pimples after just one use. I would not recommend this product.

Comments

* A dot of the cleanser gives more than enough in your hands * inexpensive * Odor-Free * Leaves oily residue * May dry your skin, depending on skin-type * Does not clear acne, only prevents bacteria from entering into the skin This facial cleanser may as well be considered as hand soap. It does not clear acne, but prevents bacteria from coming back. It leaves a leathery, oily, residue for 10-15 minutes during and after lathering on the cleanser. All in all, I do not recomend this facial cleanser.

Comments

-leaves skin looking bright & refreshed -possibly keeps pimples away (haven't used long enough to know) -good smell, creamy consistency -feels good on face -dried out my skin! -made itchy patches appear/seem worse I bought this out of curiosity because I usually use Cetaphil as my face wash. After only two uses, my skin dried out a LOT. While moisturizing my face after washing, there were soooo many dead skin flakes coming off! I know salicylic acid is supposed to exfoliate your skin, but for me, this was a bit too much. After I stopped using it the flakiness went away. Also, do not use this if you are using a product with Benzoyl Peroxide. I had itchy patches appear on my face and I'm fairly certain it's from using this with Epiduo at night.

Guest Zuri
Guest Zuri

-leaves skin soft -no real smell -doesn't clear up acne... AT ALL! -getting whiteheads -doesn't come off easy -waste of money Don't buy this!!! All it does is make your acne worse. I started using it every hour in gigantic amounts and it SUCKED. I wanted to get my skin clear before school started. Now I have bumps literally all over my face and one huge whitehead on my chin that is NOT going to go away in two days. I wanted to change myself before school because I made a fool out of myself last year and didn't want to do it again. I might just get away with the new clothes and hair if I'm lucky, but my acne isn't going ANYWHERE. It's been sitting on my face for a third of my entire life. Thanks for ruining the seventh grade for me, Clearasil. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!

You're an idiot if you seriously thought your acne would go away in two days. Your review is seriously stupid considering you didn't follow directions. It never said to use it every f**king hour. It says use only once a day and slowly increase to two or three times maximum. NOT EVERY HOUR. Your expectations were unrealistic and you're stupid.
Guest Brielle
Guest Brielle

Smells yummy Oil free Works great Leaves skin feeling fresh and clean Nothing so far! People say it doesnt clear their acne, well no duh its not for acne clearup its a daily face wash thats suppose to clean ur skin and strip it from dirt and bad oil which in the end should prevent breakout, not clear. If youre looking for an acne clearup get the cream, it works great!

Guest mia
Guest mia

Leaves skin soft Doesn't help at all I have been using this for months and at first it started to clear then I had a HUGE breakout! After I kept using it for a while It never cleared it just got WORSE!

Comments

nothing doesnt clean face dosent prevent acne dries face (in a bad way) waste of money I have been using clearasil and the 1st zit I got, Clearasil made it smaller, so I have started using it daily and no matter how many times I wash my face, more zits keep coming... It is a total rip off and I will never ever recommend this to anybody. (unless I want them to get zits) DO NOT GET IT!!!! I recommend "Exposed" because it got rid of all of my acne!!! But just never get "Clearasil" because all it is is face wash that makes your face smell weird and makes your skin dry!!! Again, DO NOT GET THIS because all of the good reviews are lieing!!!!

Guest Kurstin
Guest Kurstin

Absolutely love it. Clears up face and back acne really fast. Smells really good. Leaves face feeling smooth and soft and fresh. Reduces size and redness of pimples fast. Removes extra oil. Breakout at first. I have really oily skin. My face was contantly breaking out and it sucked. I started using clearasil every morning and night. I then use oxy cleansing pads right after. Also use banana boat aloe Vera gel as a moistorizer so my skin doesn't get too dry but doesn't get oily again either. The results- in two days my pimples were either gone or smaller and less noticeable. I also swim in a properly chlorinated pool every day for at least 2 hours now since it's summer and THAT has changed my skin SO much in a great way. I've tried everything from clinique to neutrogena but nothing seemed to work. Clearasil isn't harsh on my skin at all and I absolutely love it. My self-esteem has definently gotten higher and I don't even need to wear makeup a lot anymore!

Guest Josie
Guest Josie

- Fresh Scent - Oil-free - As I continued to use it it became increasingly drying to my skin. - Didn't reduce/clear acne - Slightly irritating to the skin - Skin kind of felt tight after each use I've used this product over 2 months and in the beginning I really liked it since it had a really nice fresh scent and it wasn't drying like some of the other products that I've used in the past (I have dry skin), but since the beginning my skin was always left with a weird tight feeling..but I ignored it. As time past by this product became increasingly drying and my skin started to flake as usual. Also I noticed that it wasn't helping my acne at all and it started to irritate my face. Personally, I don't really recommend this product, but this MY experience and this could probably work for someone else. Good Luck!

Comments

It doesn't dry out your skin like other facewashes it has a nice lather to it. The smell. I really like this face wash I've stuck with it for a good while now. It WONT clear your acne though. It just CLEANS your face.

Comments

Skin really soft After the whiteheads fade (2-3 days) skin clear Skin not as oily (Im really oily in some parts and my dry parts are still normal thanks to my moisturser -not overtly drying wash- im combination) Leaves skin really clean! Doesnt sting or leave face really red Getting whiteheads (some where is usual) but I think this is just my skin clearing up as I have only used it for a week Acne under skin? though may be because as above My aunt got this for me as she said that it worked for her when she was young, and since it does seem to improve the overall condition of my skin, minus all the whiteheads which is probably my skin brining up all the bad bacteria in the lower layers due to the wash. I am willing to carry on using it for another 3-4 weeks to see if it is really good, but so far, I think it is. But if you think your acne is already clearing up with your norm. products, dont take the risk as the purge period may take some time and be quite severe. I would recommend if you dont mind the purging part! Will make another review after 3-4 weeks!

Guest Christina
Guest Christina

cheap not much of a smell makes skin feel tight dries out skin i don't recommend this!!

Guest Auds
Guest Auds

-makes your skin soft -doesn't stink -doesn't make my skin blotchy and red -Reduces redness of pimples (making them look smaller! yay!) -Doesn't dry out my skin, but then again, nothing ever does. (my skin is so oily that even if I can bet it dry enough, its covered in oil within 20 minutes) -doesn't make my skin burn and sting -I got this huge zit on my cheek, so I used this once with the Clearasil acne clearing creme, and my zit was completely gone the following morning. Well, lets see...... if you buy the scrub, the beads hurt your face really bad and it's hard to scrub it without being hurt. That's all I can think of. I love and have always loved Clearasil products. My acne is pretty severe and I've had it bad for 5 or 6 years now. I'm only 12. I tried Differin, but it was too expensive. I use the Acne clearing creme every night and its saved me from a lot of teasing in 1st grade. Since then, I pretty much owe my life to Clearasil and its products. I had a pretty good experience with this face wash and it made my skin nice and soft. And by the way it doesn't REEK like other products.

Guest Ariana
Guest Ariana

-Cleans face -dried out my skin! Im 12 and i have ALOT of pimples and they keep coming and going .. i just needed something to help it.. But i think Clean And Clear works better..

Guest catlover
Guest catlover

Cleans face well Gets rid of dirt and oil Doesn't make me break out Doesn't really help acne either Basically, if you are looking for a good face fash for acne-prone skin, use this one. It is a very good, foaming cleanser. But don't expect it to help that much with actual acne. I know some people says it cleared their acne right up, but for me it just worked as a good cleanser.

Guest devan
Guest devan

it didnt make my skin oily didnt dry my skin didnt clear up acne. i didnt like this product cause it did absoulutly nothing i think the product just prevents acne more then gets rid of it bubt im not for sure what to use cause this is new to me. im 12 and just getting acne and i have sensitive skin but when i use sensitive skin but when i use sensitive skin stuff nothing happens. and living in iowa i ride horses i play in the dirt and just because im a girl doesnt mean i cant wwe play hard so my pores get clogged wioth dirt. and ive asked my mom but when she was in high school she never really got acne so i need some help. but i would recommend this if you just wanted to prevent acne and not get rid if it.

Guest greg
Guest greg

didnt stink didnt really work for me, but glad to see it helped others i bought it, not for me.

Comments

Clears up acne pretty fast Blends skin tone a bit Gets rid of some blackheads Great product Cost a little too much for a face wash (I think) May leave skin feeling tight for an hour or two Might dry skin (Hasn't happened to me) The product I actually use it the Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash. I have had acne since I was around 12 yrs old (I'm 16 now). Acne has been very annoying and i have been off and on different products and medicines. This is probably one of the best products I've used so far. In a week I have had more results with this face wash in a week than I have had with any face wash, scrub, etc. and even some spot treatments and topicals. I have only been using this thing for about a week and a half and can't wait to see whats ahead.

Guest Brian
Guest Brian

Old formula worked great New formula with salicylic acid made my face break out The new version doesn't work

Comments

Old formula worked New formula does not work. Now my face is breaking out.

Comments

Cleaned skin.. kind of.. Doesn't feel as effective as other cleansers that only cost a little bit more It was okay to use in a pinch but it never really helped with my acne. This is what my boyfriend (now husband) had at his place, and when I felt like my face needed to be washed I would use it, but I didn't like it nearly as much as the Cetaphil cleanser I was using at that time. This didn't feel like it cleaned as well and didn't leave my skin feeling soft and smooth.

Guest disappointed
Guest disappointed

Old formula worked well. New formula contains salicylic acid which is ineffective. Does not kill bacteria. I was livid when I bought my usual brand of Daily Face Wash Sensitive Formula and discovered that it was a new formula with salicylic acid instead of triclosan. I am 50 years old with oily acne skin and keratosis pilaris on my upper arms. This kept everything under control for me for ten years or so. You know, if it ain't broke don't fix it! I tried many things with salicylic acid and found it to be ineffective. You lost a long-time customer.

Guest Kitt
Guest Kitt

-It does visibly clear your skin. I mainly have blackheads and it always gets rid of most of them. -It leaves your skin feeling clean and soft. It feels very smooth afterward. -It doesn't smell toxic. Although I've never actually flat out sniffed it, it doesn't smell exactly brilliant but it isn't a bad smell. -It's refreshing. -It works on various skin types. My sister and I both use it. She's slightly younger and just going into her teenage years and it works great on her. -It sometimes leaves your skin feeling tight. -If you over use it, it may dry out your skin. If your between the ages of 11-13 (around my sister's age) then I recommend you only use it once a day or a few times a week so it doesn't dry your skin out too much. If your 13+ then use it twice a day along with a moisturiser for oily skin

Popular Cream