Clearasil Daily Clear Adult Tinted Acne Treatment Cream Reviews

Brand: Clearasil

Clearasil Daily Clear Adult Tinted Acne Treatment Cream

This is fantastic!

I am 17 and have a lot of acne, I did. I used this for 3 full days and it's worked so much! I am so impressed with this product!

Mixed results

This is my third acne spot cream I've tried and so far its the best. The results are slow, but not as slow as the others I used previously. Sometimes this cream prevents a spot from reaching the top of my skin completely and sometimes it doesn't. It blends well with my skin tone, however large applications does leave dry patches on my face. I recommend just dabbing a tiny amount of the cream on your spots instead of an entire area of your face.

Works for some time

I started using clearasil back in high school. I would dab a pea size amount on my finger and place it on my problem areas. It worked for awhile and would dry up my pimples fast. But, at some point it didnt work for me anymore. It was like my skin became immunte to it or something. I would recommend using a small amount of this every other day. If you use it everyday it will just dry out your face and make everything worse. Also, I dont recommend buying the tinted kind. It smells funny and makes your face look bad. So, stick with the clear white kind and put it on and night.

LOVED IT!

Its as if as soon as i turned 20, my acne changed. Where i was able to combat it with benzoyl peroxide 10%, I was no longer able to get relief. Until i found this! I tried this at night before I went to bed and it worked wonders! :) Over night it seemed like my cystic acne was healing nicely....... my only qualm with the product is that it does not go under make up very well. In fact, during the day, it looks disgusting and streaky even without makeup over it. It probably works better at night while you sleep anyway :)

Good Stuff

One of the few sulfur acne treatments you can find at the drugstore. One of the only ones I've found that works really well for me. It dries up acne really fast. Warning: Be careful putting this on your skin everyday. It dried me up so much it caused permanent wrinkles.

great!

dries up pimples tints none For some reason Benzoyl peroxide doesn't work for me. I used this stuff and it decreased the inflammation of zits drastically! I was so surprised. Yes it kinda smells bad but I can't smell it after 5 minutes.

Sulfer is good stuff

I am new on here and clicked to review Sulfur and this product came up so I will just tell you, I am 33 and the past year have been dealing with hormone changes from just getting older and significant stress, like house fire stress. Even been dealing with cystic acne. Out of all the products and or a couple prescriptions even, I found a product that worked right at the first day and maybe by day 3 for the cystic types I could almost peel away the dried out pimple. The product I found was at GNC its a solid bar made from a Co called Grandpa's, its less then $6 and its main ingredient is Sulfer, yea it stinks like a geyser at Jellystone national park but its one of the only things that have worked for me. I have used Clearasil before and it would prob be my second choice as far as buying an over the counter product. I never even really washed my face much before that, when I do thats when I seen breakouts and I always looked much younger then my age. Eat right and drink water and get walking. Not much you can do about hormones but you can help balance them. Since I have not been doing enough for myself/activity- for medical reasons, Im experimenting with temp alt solutions and ways to increase cell turnover as well for dull looking skin. Secondly, the face scrub I more recently used and liked is from Walgreens its gritty and feels warm applying it Eclos Plant Cell scrub. Its nice to use 2-3 days a week for me as I like these things best in moderation.

Comments

Hides small pimple/underground pimples Does nothing on big pimples Hides acne, doesn't heal it Doesn't blend into skin This product is great if you have light acne, but if you get bigger pimples, another product should be used.

Comments

Less irritating than benzoyl peroxide, salicylic, or retinol Cannot wear during the day (tinted orange color) Sulfur smell Tinted creams are usually sulfur product and I like them because they are far less irritating on my skin than using benzoyl or salicylic. After about two weeks of using i noticed a dramatic difference in breakouts. My skin looked more even and less red. The only downfall about this product is that you cannot wear it during the day under makeup because it is too 'cakey looking. Also, when trying to wash this product off it is hard to scrub it completely off. When i use a toner to get all my makeup off there is always traces of this treatment cream left on. With all that aside, I think it is a pretty solid over the counter product with sulfur and resorcinol.

Guest Jennifer
Guest Jennifer

Got rid of my bigger angry pimples also is clearing up my smaller little white pimples that i could never get rid of before without a perscription!!!! And my skin is alot less oily in the morning!!! The smell at first but i got used to it, i dont really care as long as it works! And my skin had a little flaky dryness but nothing serious. I love it!!! My face hasnt been this clear in a long time! And i feel alot more confident.

Comments

Feels like im not wearing anything. Wear it before bed and my acne is noticeably better by morning! Tint does not match my skin tone at all! Makes it look like i got a really bad spray tan..but as long as you wear it at night, no biggy! works very well. :)

Guest April
Guest April

Works. Covers redness. Stains towels and clothes Smell isn't really that bad. Works good. Makes my face feel clean. If you just apply lightly as you do a makeup in a thin layer, its not that noticeable really. It just takes practice to apply correctly.

Comments

works better than anything I've ever tried doesn't dry out my skin or make it flakey it's tinted. ugh. because it's tinted, I only use it at night. It doesn't go well under makeup at all. My face has never been clearer even when I used Accutane. Acne that used to stick around for weeks doesn't stand a chance. It's gone in a day or two now. I think this is a miracle in a tube. My regimen is a sulfur soap + clearasil + derma e DMAE Alpha-Lipoic-C-Ester Retexturizing Creme. My skin glows now. I'm ordering the Derma E scar gel + microdermabrasion to get rid of the scarring. If only I had found this Clearsil earlier.

Comments

-Works in a short amount of time -You don't need a lot -Kinda stings and burns a little at first -Excessive dryness so use a good moisturizer -The tint doesn't exactly match my light complexion. It makes me look like I got a really bad spray on tan lol -You can't hide this well under makeup like other b.p creams I went to Walmart and grabbed this one by mistake. I usually use Persa-Gel by Clean & Clear but I'm on a budget and this one was cheaper. I didn't notice until I got in the car that it had "tinted" written on it. I tried it that night and immediately saw results come morning time (though i did kinda cake it on before bed... i was frustrated) Anyway, I was pleased with my results. The only thing that bothered me was that the tint didn't blend well with my skin or really "hide" anything, nor did my moisturizer help rub in it more, so wearing makeup was nearly impossible, and watch out for the sun. Your skin will feel the burn. I'd recommend only wearing this at night or if your plan for the day is to do nothing

Guest Indiechick
Guest Indiechick

-dries up spots/blemishes -easy to use -cheap -effective -eh, none really I love this stuff, I have used it for about 2 years. Haven't used it in a few months because I emptied the tube & just hadn't gotten around to buying another one, & also was trying different things. But just got another tube, I use as a spot treatment, it seems like a lot of people use it for all over the face. I don't. I just bad some on my blemishes, rub it in a little, & then leave it wet til it dries & wear it overnight, wash in the morning. If you had a blemish you squeezed & got the white stuff out, put this on after you've washed befre you go to bed as a spot treatment, it really helps to dry those suckers out! I have found that after a few times of appplying it, the blemish sort of just peels off.

Comments

dries up pimples immediately they will be practically gone in 2-3 days. sulfur works really well for my skin. I have sensitive skin and this did not bother me at all. no adjustment time period needed. if I only use a little and smooth it in really well I can use during the day. I actually like the smell, smells like roses and much better than the actual smell of sulfur you get with proactiv's mask. affordable. only need to use a little for it to work. the tint isn't perfect, but who really cares about that. if you aren't consistent with it your pimples will reappear but that goes for any acne treatment. If you found that proactiv's mask worked for you as a spot treatment get this stuff. It has sulfur which works. And it's affordable so if for some reason it doesn't work for you, you're not out of a lot of money.

Guest Laura
Guest Laura

dries out / clears acne quickly overpowering smell of.....baby powder?? It's affordable and has worked on my sensitive skin. I only apply at night and have been noticing improvements. It's helped in clearing up my acne a lot!!! The odor is pretty strong tho...it almost made me gag. But I can deal with it if it means I get a beautiful complexion.

Guest Ashley
Guest Ashley

*gets rid of those super irritated, inflamed pimples you pick at that take ten years to turn into whiteheads (not cystic acne though) *you don't have to look at your acne when you're wearing it *color does not fit all (wear in privacy of house) *leaves super tiny pointy bumps where inflamed acne was Really reduces swelling a lot. However, now I'm left with these super annoying mini pimples and some hyperpigmentation. I slathered this stuff all over my face one night and when I woke up the next morning, they were literally gone. Good for super red, irritated, volcano-like whiteheads.

Comments

Sulfur is great for acne and this was one of the only products I could find in the store with sulfur everything with sulfur is disappearing from shelves everywhere and I think its because it works its really drying I mixed athlete foot cream with this and applyed it all over my face before I went to bed athlete foot cream because most acne is a fungas and if you put all over the face you kill the fungas and sulfur is and antifungal as well and the next day all my pimples were dried out

Guest Kelly
Guest Kelly

Very effective Easy on sensitive skin Smell I have used salicylic acid & benzoyl peroxide in the past, but neither of them worked very well and the b.p. was very drying. I began using the "Adult Care" as a spot treatment and it cleared up all of my pimples. Once I was clear, I started mixing a dab of the tinted cream in with my face lotion (alpha hydroxy lotion at night, Aveeno lotion in the day) and smoothing it all over my face and neck. I can't believe how much better my skin is now. I even use the Tanda, but I think this cream is the key.

Guest Manuel
Guest Manuel

It helps out alot with the big pimples It leaves your skin really dry it can leave black spots on your face This product is alright if you want to get rid of major acne pimples.But this product does not clear your acne as you would like. breakouts will still continue to appear I would recomend trying other products for moderate to severe acne but it was one of the best products I tryed.

Guest Julia
Guest Julia

Smells like baby wipes, :). Helps bring down the acne. Easy to find. Recommended from my doctor. Didnt bring down acne for about 1 week. Leaves orange markings when dry. Stiffens face. Its great. Im still using it, but ive had it for about 1 week now. My acne isn't totally gone but there was a dramatic decrease of how almost invisible it has became. I has lots of acne on my forehead and now its faintly shrinking. I also recommend putting it on before bed,then going to bed WITH it on. When i wake up i wash my face and get it off, and i do the whole method of warm water and soap. Thennnn i just repeat the cycle. Its been working surprisingly good. My doctor recommended it to me, and she told my other facial scrubs are a no no. She said this shrinks pimples and helps her too! Good luck, hope it helps!

Comments

EFFECTIVE. Cant emphasis this enough. Cheap. Covers up acne so you dont have to look at it, even if it does look stupid having orange marks everywhere. I actually like the smell. Easy to find. ITCHY D: Looks stupid having orange marks everywhere, ha. Stains towels, but hey, just use paper towels. Even though Dan's regimen recommends BP, I actually find sulfur to work ten times better. It's also been used FOREVER; dating back to the Romans, apparently. Usually I really dislike Clearasil (Vanishing Cream sucks, man), but this stuff is incredible. I put it on for 6 hours and already my acne is waay down. And unlike all the reviews that say it's nasty, I actually think it smells like roses. The one downside is that it really, really itches. Im really scared of getting impetigo, so Im constantly freaking out, wondering if Im going to get impetigo or if it's just my skin itching. Whatever. I can sacrifice itchy skin for not having acne. Dont let the term 'adult care' discourage you, either. Im not really sure why it says that .___. It works great on all types of acne. Go out and get this stuff!

Comments

Love it! I tried just about everything, ProActive, StayClear, Clean and Clear Acne Kit, etc. I remember when I was in highschool I use to have mild acne and my mom told me about Adult Care and it cleared up. So after being so stressed out I thought I'd go back to what I KNEW would work. Wash with Noxzema then put on Clearasil Adult Care. My acne has cleared up completely! I agree with most when they say it does smell but hey I can stand the smell if it means having a clear complextion! =) The product is inexpensive and it has worked for me. I can get it over the counter, don't have to order it online or join any club or get a prescription.

Guest Payton
Guest Payton

Works Smell I just started using this product and I have already started seeing results.

Popular Over-the-counter treatments