Clean & Clear Persa Gel 5 Reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Clean & Clear Persa Gel 5

Allergic Reaction

Used a very small amount of product on 2 spots on my face. Woke up the next morning with a swollen eye (think ogre!) and a hive-like rash. Now I'm at the doctor seeking treatment.

allergic reaction

Bad allergic reaction, didn't even put it on my eye lids, and both my eyelids/ face swollen and itchy with a rash. would never use this product again. Have never had an allergic reaction to a topical acne "solution" until now. Didn't help with acne.

Works well!!

Lessens the pimple in size Gets rid of the oil in the pimple Has left white stains on my pillow case and some shirts! Takes a long time to dry Isn't 100% effective I have combination skin, so my cheeks can feel dry while my chin nose and forehead got oily. 90% of the time the breakouts were on my chin, so I would put a little on the cream on my pimple before going to bed and in the morning wash if off( dries as a white, flaky circle). This is really good to have in case of emergency with a really oily pimple because it really dries it up! Do NOT spread it all over your face or layer it onto your acne, simply dot it on each individual pimple because it WILL dry and irritate your skin a LOT!

Guest Pat
Guest Pat

Kept my face clear and smooth all through high school Not too harsh Dries out skin, use moisturizer Stops working after a while I used this on my face every night during my high school years, and it kept my skin beautiful and spotless. However after years of using it, it just kinda stopped working. I guess my skin got used to it. But it helped a ton in high school so I give it 5/5 hands down.

Guest Kent
Guest Kent

Cleans acne If used to much can dry out skin to much. Kso, this product WILL clean you're acne, some people have said it has made my face worse.. well it's gutta get worse before it can get better. so KEEP USING IT, and use it as a spot treatment to, i have tried proactive, ALL the mainstream acne solvents. And if you have used this for a month and there is still acne, move up to the persa-gel 10, The one thing is, is that when i first got it i was so excited i put the thing on 5 times a day,, no no... face looked like a cracker, Use it once a day before you go to sleep, don't need to rinse you're face or anything, just enough to cover you're face, you're face will reel really tight, try not to streach you're face becuase when you leave it tight, it dosent let anything else in you;re pores, so over all EXCELLENT product, and a 100% buy.

Guest Tom
Guest Tom

Very effective on whiteheads/pimples Easy to apply - cream based product Non-scented SUPER CHEAP! Available at grocery and drug stores Can be very drying on the skin - always moisturize after applying. May cause irritation or burning initially if your skin is not accustomed to benzoyl peroxide. Not a miracle worker - but very close! I think Persa-Gel 5 is a product that everyone should have around, whether for emergency breakouts or stubborn pimples. It is best used as a spot treatment - dab a LITTLE on pimples and prominent acne at night and it can do wonders in the morning! Be careful as it is very drying due to 5% benzoyl peroxide and always moisturize afterwards. I really recommend this product because of its low price (compared to other shelf and on-line products) and overall effectiveness. For more reviews of acne products, see my blog at bit.ly/Lyxy1w

Guest bob
Guest bob

Smells bad I had an allergic reaction to it Expensive Small tube I don't really have too much acne, but I bought it because I do breakout and it gets bad. I'm kind of disappointed because everyone was giving it such good reviews and I thought I would try it. I honestly had the worst allergic reaction to it and got a small rash all over my face. It may work for some people but did not for me.

Comments

For a BP product, it does not dry too much Use on large area or as spot treatment, depending on your skin. No alcohol I have used this for the better part of a week, followed up with Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent (Oil free). This is a nice strong product, but not overly powerful that it made my skin overly itchy or flaky. It has BP in it, so it's going to dry your skin somewhat. My acne has not cleared up yet but the spots look a bit smaller and less red, and no new zits have formed. Depending on your skin can be used over large areas or as a spot treatment. Too soon to say if this is a great product but for the price I would recommend it over Oxy pads and other BP products that I have tried (many of which contain lots of alcohol).

Comments

Clears cystic acne skin slightly dry Great for spot treatment. Used on a cystic pimple. Redness and swelling reduced significantly. Will only use when needed.

Guest Teen girl
Guest Teen girl

Minimized some acne in the beginning Easy to find Not too expensive itchy made face red didn't help that much with acne problem When I tried this product the first time it actually worked... it had clear some of my acne. Automatically I thought that it would be acne free so i kept using the correct amount of the product. After about 2 months or less my face was red and itchy and more acne started to appear. This may have been an allergic reaction or something but initially when I first got it I was unharmed. Then I stopped using it all together and used it as a spot treatment (I thought I was using too much). It didn't work. I was red and itchy but only in the spots where i had put it as a spot treatment. Thank goodness I stopped! So now I have stopped for goo

Comments

-gel so easy to put and it doesn't take a long time to sink in to skin -doesn't drie out skin -doesn't leave skin itchy or red -easy to find -not too badly priced -kind of expensive -wish they would make a bigger tube THIS GOT RID OF MY ACNE. IT DIDN'T DRY ME OUT It got rid of the pimples, pretty fast too. I swear by this stuff.

Comments

Dries out pimple Reduces size Gets rid of pimples Dries out skin only a LITTTTTTTLE bit.Not a big deal So I bought this yesterday and already my pimples have reduced its size!!! It does dryout BUT a moisturizer helps. Dont have anything to say really. this is the only thing that works for me... but definatley a go! BUY THIS! WORTH IT

Comments

cleared up most acne within a few days no too badly priced easy to find left me w/ hyperpigmentation didn't clear up all acne very drying (skin almost looked wrinkly) sometimes my skin flaked the persa gel 5 was alright... for a while. At first, it had cleared up most acne, but i still had some left, then, i was left with these darn hyperpigmentation marks. I would recommend this if u have light acne, or just a spot treatment for a pimple or two, not a lot of acne. Also, you should moisturize when using this, or else you will flake and have almost wrinkly-looking skin! I have not been using the persa gel 5 for about a month, and my skin is more moisturized and the hyperpigmentation has gone down.

Guest Bella
Guest Bella

Cheap Works well Helps with black heads(doesn't completely eliminate though) Have tried many other acne treatments (proactive included) this works best Drys my skin if I use it everyday day Doesn't work on cystic acne (for me at least) Leaves bleach marks on clothing and towels if makes contacts I would recommend it, it definitely helps my skins but doesn't make it totally clear, the bleach marks are a downside, just be careful what it makes contact with. Best product I have tried

Comments

Doesn't dry out skin Works quickly Is not expensive Gets rid of blackheads and whiteheads Zero!! I swear by this product! I have tried many expensive acne products in my desperate search to get rid of my acne which is kind of different because my pimples rarely pop out, but are rather bumpy and noticible on my skin. This product made it, it's better than the 10% because it doesn't dry your skin and you notice result almost immediatly. Also is some much more cheaper than neotrogena, proactive, etc and it work better.

Comments

-small -clear when put on -no itching or redness -works fast!! i just love it!!!! so i've bought this product yesterday. And i'm ALREADY seeing results!!!!!!!!!! It put it on twice a day(in the morning and at night) and it reduces the size and redness of pimples right away!!!! One thing i hate is when you get pimples you can pop, and this product make the pimple appear so you can pop it before school in the morning!!! I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! IT'S THE BEST I'VE USED!

Comments

Easy to use Can fit in your purse Works Non-drying Not as strong as some This is a great acne spot treatment and it really works. I recommend benzoyl peroxide over salicylic acid or SLS ten fold. I like that it can fit in your purse for emergency breakouts. The only reason I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 is because it's only 5%, when there's a 10%! For someone with light or moderate acne this should work really well. I have cystic acne (mostly under control now), so when I break out I have to go for the bigger guns.

Comments

My acne goes away in like 3 days. Expensive for only 28g... Dries skin It just gets rid of acne. I had this huge, disgusting, red cystic pimple on my nose. I applied this for 1 week straight, once a day, and it's almost gone now. :D I swear by this stuff.

Comments

I USED PERSA GEL 5 - completely cleared acne - easy to put on - clear when put on - works well with moisturizer - great "spot on" acne treatment Too good to be true Bottom Line? THIS PRODUCT STOPPED MY ACNE I used to get pimples regularly on my face, chin and sides of my nose. I decided to use the regimen, and bought some products (Persa Gel 5, Neutrogena cleanser and moisturizer below). At first I put it all over my face - and since I have sensitive skin this dried out and caused redness on my cheeks. I put it on my problem areas only after: forehad, nose area, and chin and it was fine. Over the weeks, i started to get less and less pimples and my skin is completely clear now (except for some scarring left behind). This is also a great "spot on" acne treatment. I once had a pimple that I could feel coming on my forehead, I put a blob of the Persa Gel on it over night, and when I woke up the pimple was gone. It literally works so well - no exaggeration. This is a great product as I feel the 2.5% would be too light, and 10% is too harsh. This product is really amazing, and I recommend it to everyone. My skin is not dried out (and I even only put moisturizer in the morning not in the nights), not red, and it is smooth and pimple free. The moisturizer and cleanser really compliment the Persa Gel because they are light, not harsh, and don't clog up my pores or cause oily skin. 5 STARS!!!!!!! MOISTURIZER: [link removed]

Guest Rachel
Guest Rachel

-5% bp -works nicely -price Worked for a bit then I stopped to get a diff brand thr worked way better Get Clinique's emergency lotion. Small thing I no but works better and faster. Clinique is a thicker lotion too so thts better

Popular Over-the-counter treatments