Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets Reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets

Great!

Great for using on the go to get rid of that oily pore clogging shine! My skin is Very very oily and I can't wash it 7x a day so these work great to get rid of the oil!

Use once a day

I usually pull one out around 4 or 5 in the evening. Dab, not rub.

Comments

Be careful of their shelf life.

I've had some of these in my desk at work and at some knock off brands in my purse. I have used them in the past with no problems - and haven't used them frequently in some time. Yesterday or the day before, I used one of these from my drawer at the office - and then when I got home, I found that I had broke out with a cyst up on my forehead (I never, ever breakout on my forehead) and then about an hour later, another cyst on my chin. Two complete separate areas. The only thing I could think of (besides hormones) that had changed in my regimen with my skin was I had used one of these sheets (and I dab them all over my face, mostly my forehead that gets shiny). I'm guessing that these caused me to suddenly break out - I have had clear skin for months (on Dan's acne products) and haven't had cystic acne in ages - even hormonal around the time of my period. This was very out of the blue. I got to looking after realizing the only different thing I'd done was use these sheets - and looked if there was a possible expiration date? Since I have used these in the past with no issues at all. I couldn't find any expiration date on the item itself, but after googling - I found some packages for sale (of these exact ones) wrapped in their original plastic (like if they come straight from the factory) and they DO - indeed have expiration dates! They say "SHELF LIFE: 3 YEARS". So be aware of how old your absorbing sheets/blotting sheets are. Mine had a manufacturing date of 2009 and another from 2011. Both expired by their expiration date. They do contain mineral oil - and I tried to research if that expires, but most sites said "No" because of how processed it is. Either way - these items DO have a shelf life - just be aware. I believe this is what broke me out suddenly.

THE BEST!!

i always have these in my bag and i love this sheet..smooth,convenient and better than other brand i have oily skin and i only use 1 sheet to get oil off my face

BEST PURCHASE

I've had these for almost two months and loved them. However, I recently went to get my eyebrows done then I broke out not sure if it was bc the sheets or just sensitive to threaded eyebrows

Amazing When Used CORRECTLY

These do a VERY good job at absorbing oil. They are not wet. They are silky blue sheets that grab oil with each dab. The knockoff versions (CVS brand), are white and matte like paper, and do not absorb as well. This matte material produces more drag, and can irritate the skin. These are useful when used correctly, meaning not over-used. If you cleanse your face twice daily, you should not use these more than once per day. Constant oil loss results in an increased oil production, leading to acne. These are great for removing that oil in the middle of the day in between washes. PS: These are not good at absorbing liquid. So, if you have sweat on your face, dab the sweat with a towel or tissue first.

Always have these on me

I love this brand of oil absorbing sheets, they work better than any other brand I've tried. They are smooth and do not irritate my skin when I use them. Sometimes I have to use two sheets to get all the oil off my face but I've just got really oily skin. I recommend these to anyone who needs something to quickly mattify their face anytime during the day without piling on powders.

matte

Helps get ready of that shiny oily mid-day look. Carry everywhere with me. package is small enough to fit in my wallet or even pocket

Comments

I have these on me at all times.

Other products may work in a pinch, perhaps, but these are the real deal to quickly/conveniently/discreetly blot up the excess oil, anywhere, any time.

Eh Not so much..

I don't know if it's just me but they cause me to breakout. Maybe because there is mineral oil in them? They make my skin look great and then a half hour later my face is oily again. So I bought Boscia Clear Complexion Blotting Linens at Sephora instead, they are all natural amazing-must have!!!!

User410314

necessity

I always had these in my back pocket, with my compact. keeps the t-zone fresh, makeup stays on. The ingredient in these sheets in the same used to clean up oil spills from water- so you know what's being lifted and what's being left behind!

Just works.

These work very well! Leaves nothing behind and just does what it's supposed to do. A little bit expensive in my opinion (about $5 for 50 at Wal-Mart), but they work.

Comments

The best oil remover - leaves no product on the skin

These are the best blotting sheets I've used. They leave no residue on the skin as they are made purely from a material that absorbs oil. Pores aren't blocked with any pesky talcs and shine is eradicated. They don't disturb make-up either. They are not available in the UK anymore except via eBay, at astronomical prices, and I just wish I'd stocked up when I lived in Korea as they sell them for around £1 for two packs :( I buy in bulk on eBay to save some money but they are pricey. If anyone in Korea would like to send me some, get in touch haha!

Best blotting sheets I've tried

blot neatly don't smudge makeup expensive gross to look at after blotting These sheets are nice, and blot away the oil neatly without smudging makeup beneath; but I find regular tissues do the same job almost as well and are much cheaper!

Great :)

removes oil and shine convenient turns transparent when used kinda expensive Claims: These are really absorb all the oil on my face for a matte finish. Number of sheets: I have moderate acne and a pretty oily face but I have never needed more than 2 sheets.One pack usually lasts 2-3 weeks. Store brands: The up&up (Target brand) has 70 sheets per package and absorbs oil just as well, if not better. Acne: It has not diminished my acne, but my face looks better after I use these (less greasy).

Guest Samantha

- does well in absorbing oil - claims not to "smudge" makeup, but will LIFT makeup off your face I've been using these sheets for a few years now and can't live without them. I tend to have very oily skin, but since I wear makeup the sheets will lift some of it off, making me have to reapply it in some areas. But it feels good to get that oil off. I see a lot of reviewers are complaining about the price when you don't get a lot of sheets in a package. I started buying mine on eBay from sellers in other countries because it's cheaper (two for the price of one, sometimes three for one), and for some reason their packages come with 60 sheets as opposed to 50 like they do here. Plus the sheets seem to feel thicker and last longer. The ones sold here seem thinner. I don't know if I can say it helps to prevent breakouts, but I feel cleaner and look better when my face isn't so oily.

Comments

- Blots excessive oil flawlessly - Small, portable - Non comedogenic - Expensive - There should be more in the package (100-200 sheets.) I use this product when I'm on-the-go. I often resort to splashing my face with water when I get home, but if I'm out socializing and find my face gets oily (which it often does), it's quick and easy to make a small bathroom stop to blot up excess oil. I personally recommend these! They work amazingly and remove any excess oil without overdrying my skin. I find my skin is generally clearer as a result. One sheet is perfect for the T-Zone (which is where I am oily, mainly on my forehead). Four stars merely because these cannot be bought in bulk, the amount is very limited, and they are expensive for one pack ($10.00)

Comments

-Holy lord these are great! -Absorbs all the nasty oil on your face -Convenient pocket-sized carry case -Smaller than I would like so you'll probably need to use a few -Got mine for about $4.00, I think they should be a bit cheaper, although you do get 50 in a pack it probably won't last very long if you are oily like me I had been searching for these as soon as I heard about them on here. I actually got the Kroger brand, which I am guessing are cheaper than the C&C. My skin tends to get oily/greasy as the day progresses and I had been wondering what to do about it. Well, today I finally found and bought these from the store and used them for the first time... YES. I am happy with how they worked. It is a bit disgusting to see all the grease on the sheet as they become transparent just like a greasy food wrapper. They restore a nice matte finish to your face so you don't have to walk around looking nasty. I am wondering how long it will last until I might need to do it again. I am going to buy these up whenever I can. I am hoping this will help control my acne since it removes all this excess nastiness from your face.

Comments

Removes oil Make-up doesn't smudge Cheap Get a lot of sheets Fit into a pocket, purse, desk Wish the sheets were bigger I love these. I have been using them forever. I have verrrry oily skin so these have been super helpful. I wish they were a bit bigger. Sometimes i have to use two of these for my whole face. Also, my makeup stays in place which is important. It is so nice to actually get the oil off my face instead of covering it up with a powder.

Guest Samantha

absorbs ALL oil easy to carry around AWESOME product can be expensive at stores like walgreens and cvs. I have been using clean and clear sheets since they've been on the shelves! I am obsessed, they remove all oil and make up stays put, and I am OILY. Helps freshen up my face before a make up touch up. I love love love them, I can't emphasize it enough. If they are ever discontinued, I will probably have a heart attack.

Guest Salsa
Guest Salsa

Elastic sheet Really observe oil Not erase make up Not avabile in my country Really work and love this! But i have to buy it a little expensive because it is an "import brand"

Guest Kay
Guest Kay

-Does what it says -Removes all oil on face -May take off makeup Great product. Unlike the cheap oil absorbing sheets that may be made out of paper or have a consistency like toilet seat covers, this product is silky and makes my face feel completely matte when I use it. I can get away with cutting these in half to have twice as many sheets to use. Don't bother buying the Clean & Clear brand though. Your best bet for the most value is the Up & Up one at Target (70 sheets and exactly the same). Bed Bath and Beyond sells one just like it (was it called Harmon Face Values maybe?). The CVS brand works exactly the same as well.

Comments

- mops up all oil - can see oil on sheets - make up comes off abit not great when u have to cover acne! - not enough sheets and pricey cause im in the uk i do like these they dont break me out and i have oily skin alot when i wear make up around my nose etc and it mops it up and i also use it when im oily without makeup is just pricey because im in the uk would keep buying tho

Guest Bdiid
Guest Bdiid

-Leaves face matte -Shows you the oil it absorbs - Faster than reapplying make-up - Reduce break-outs - Doesn't removed make-up - easy to carry - Slightly pricy, depending on where you buy it (I get generic Wal-greens now and it works just as well) - Not something you'd want to use in public, as seeing the oil come off can be gross I'm happiest about the fact that this doesn't remove make-up. I'm 16 years-old and have a 5 minutes break between classes, teachers refuse to allow us restroom breaks, unless we have a doctor's note. Although, it may take a tiny bit off, most make-up stays on so I don't need 10 minutes to reapply. This also helped slightly reduce break-outs. I really like this product, and it's works well.

Guest Tguy
Guest Tguy

1. Light, handy and small can bring with you everyday 2. Visible results, turns transparent when used 3. Cheap, I use about 2-3 sheets per day. Not much. I have combined these Clean and Clear sheets with my other face washing/moisturiser routine. My skin has improved over the course of it, but I don't know how much exactly is due to the sheets. However, it really takes off the shine from your face immediately. And I feel it must have at least helped my skin remain fresh and less clogged up for longer. All in all, great little thing to have in your pocket.

Popular Oil-absorbing