Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer Oil-Free Reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer Oil-Free

It’s an okay moisturiser and doesn’t clog pores

This moisturiser moisturises when you first put it on your skin and gives a dewy look, but then dries out to matte minutes after you apply it. It also makes your face end up being flaky after a few uses as it contains an exfoliant, Salicylic Acid, which is harsh when used in conjunction to 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide. This moisturiser did not clog my pores at all and felt very light, but it felt too light at times where I had to apply more to feel satisfied, otherwise it felt like it wasn’t moisturising enough. It also doesn’t leave a film or sticky, greasy feeling, in fact, you can barely feel it on your face, except for the nice cool minty feeling you get while and after applying it, which I like. This feeling only lasts a few hours. It has a chemical-like smell as it’s fragrance free, which is good. So far, I’ll be moving on from this product as it is too drying for my current regimen (2.5% BP twice daily). I used to use BP just once a day and this moisturiser worked perfectly for that, but not BP twice a day as it’s too drying and irritating.

Awful

Do not use this moisturizer,I’m 14 and I’ve never had this many spots ever ik covered in them because of this shifty moisturizer. I put it on and my face just burned .worst moisturizer I’ve ever used

Only if

So wanted this to work but it didn’t do a thing. But smelled great! It didn’t moisturize at all either.

awful

I tried this after not liking Cetaphil, which was too oily. This product burns, my skin is flaking off and has never had this much acne, redness and just irritated skin. This tiny bottle was I don't know how much, total waste. Bumpy red splotchy nightmare

Do Not Use!!!

I used this product once and it made my face red and it stung a bit. I tried to use it again but the same thing happened to me. I advise you to stay away from this product. If you have sensitive skin.

crappy product.

So my skin type is very oily but also flaky, a really gross combo IMO. I get pretty much all types of acne; tons of blackheads, many whiteheads, cysts on the rare occassion. This moisturizer didn't make me breakout anymore than I already do but it didn't help either. At first when applied it feels hydrating, but it dries up quickly. If you don't have flaky/dry skin, then this might be nice to help rid of whiteheads without excessively drying out your skin. Otherwise it kinda sucks. Also if you use more than the tiniest amount of it or apply any makeup product on top, it peels off in little filmy white chunks. Just gross, but you get what you pay for I guess.

Perfect for buffering Tazorac

I'm in my mid-50s and still have to work hard to manage acne, a life long challenge. I found by trial and error over many years of dealing with tough hormonal acne that blending this with Tazorac (almost 1:1, a bit more of the Dual Action) as part of my night-time routine has been a critical key to my success. My skin is completely clear, smooth, and not overly dry or greasy, and I have very few lines. I think the low level of salicylic acid is just enough to help the Tazorac get deep into my pores and the moisturizers seem very neutral and just enough to buffer the powerful action of the Tazorac and keep my skin happy (I found using it by itself was counter productive). I go to one of the nation's top dermatologists in Los Angeles who works with many celebrity clients. I've tried every expensive prescription, "only available through dermatologists" and OTC product you can name, and keep coming back to this magical combination. When I'd break out, I'd stop everything and go to bed with just the Dual Action on my face plus spot treating blemishes with a stronger 2% salicylic acid product or End-Zit drying lotion. I also use the Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser every night to get my makeup off (again, after trying more fancy stuff and coming back to this over and over), and then wash a second time with an anti-aging or more gentle cleanser to reset my skin (washing twice if you wear makeup is essential, one to cut through makeup and the second to treat). In my routine I also use a gentle glycolic acid cleanser in the morning, two different Paula's Choice toners (one morning and one in the evening), and Dr. Lin's benzoyl peroxide Acne Spot Treatment (another inexpensive miracle product) as an all over treatment every morning before sunscreen. I use various masks occasionally, and the Nia 24 scrub about once a week. I have a light olive complexion that is pretty sensitive, and bear in mind I've used Rx retinoids for over 25 years so my skin has a built up tolerance. I pray this product will never be discontinued!

Poor moisturiser

I have been using the product for some time and I've nearly finished the bottle. I do think that it works well to prevent further breakouts, but in terms of moisturizing the skin I think it has little effect and wears off before long, making my skin dry again. So, I would suggest opting for a better brand. By the way, I couldn't give my review a lousy one star because it didn't exacerbate my acne. Hope this helps.

Comments

It doesn't really do what it says?

I find that this moisturizer works well to somewhat keep acne at bay for me, but doesn't actually moisturize my face, it only makes it dryer. When I first apply it, it gives a very nice cooling sensation, and moisturizes for about 5 minutes. After that, my face is back to being dry, and applying more only worsens this feeling. However, it did not make my acne worse. Upon further inspection I see that it contains salicylic acid, which is why it keeps breakouts at bay but doesn't do much in terms of moisturizing. I've also notices that it sometimes leaves a strange film on my face which comes off in white waxy-looking clumps if scraped at with a nail. Overall, this product is eh. It is pretty easy to find a better moisturizer than this once, and I would advise you to keep looking to get a fully moisturized feeling face.

Go to moisturizer

I love and hate this product. I've been using this for about 2 years now and it's a love and hate relationship. Sometimes it doesn't work well with certain facial cleanser and other times it works wonders. It can either dry out your face or make it so soft.

Comments

good but I moved on from it

It's a good moisturizer but, I switched to a new brand. felt like didn't really work. I developed some small bumps from this one. I finished the whole bottle since I'm cheapskate. And therefore, I can really tell it didn't work for me at all

Comments

Dried out my skin, made my chin acne worse

This product dried out my skin. It also has this chemically scent which I'm not a fan of. I bought it because i needed a moisturizer. I had bumps on my chin, the next day they were inflamed and red, some with heads. I wouldn't recommend this unless they reformulate it and maybe add in some spf for daily use. It's not great for people with sensitive skin either since it can be irritating. I have moderately sensitive skin.

HAPPY

i like this porduct been using this for a year its moisturizing my skin and doesnt clog my pore and not cause acne

Surprisingly effective

I received this moisturiser in my stocking this year and honestly, I was skeptical that it would have any effect on my moderate to severe acne as I have tried so many products that claim to clear spots with no success. However, I needed a new facial moisturiser so I thought I'd give it a go. My skin routine is minimal: after removing my makeup at night I apply sudocrem in my problem areas (I've been doing this for years) and I've started to use this moisturiser every morning and to my surprise ever since my skin has cleared up drastically. My skin is now smooth and spot free - I still have a lot of hyper pigmentation but this is easily covered with a thin layer of makeup. The moisturiser has a cooling effect which makes my skin feel refreshed and hydrated and a little bit goes a long way. For £3 I was shocked that this was so effective but am super happy with the results so far :))

I am confused... Plz help

I have the moisturizer and I don't know if it's enough to do the job... Or is there something else's I should get to go with the moisturizer, now my acne isn't terrible I have small whiteheads and blackhead everywhere around my face and from 10 feet away my skin would seem perfect but up close... Well let's just say I wish it could be better. I'm open to answer questions about my self I just need some recommendations.

Comments

Not for people with sensitive skin

I bought this after i lost my other moisturizer. The first day my skin felt smooth but still kind of dry. After the fourth day of using this it caused dry patchy spots in my skin and a big noticeable rash on both sides of my face. The rashes didn't go away for 2 weeks and caused a trip to the dermatologist. I had only used this product once a day for four days. Keep in mind that i do have sensitive skin but no other product has caused it to react in this way. So in conclusion it may work well for people that don't have sensitive skin. Only 1 out of 5 stars from me.

Satisfied

I use this product in the morning to hydrate my skin and prevent my pores from clogging. I'm using it with The Regimen and I'm getting better results. I think 2% would be to strong to use with benzoyl peroxide (before going to bed), but 0.5% salicylic acid is just perfect in this case. You should give it a try. I don't not use it right after applying benzoyl peroxide ! Just early, in the morning. When I apply BP I use a different moisturizer like Cetaphil or Cerave.

Overall worth a try!

I have never had a bad experience with this product. I have very dry, sensitive skin and I bought this because of my increase in hormonal acne. I get pretty bad cystic acne that lasts for a long time. This product doesn't provide a whole lot of moisture, but it's enough for my skin to the point where I don't feel like I need to apply any more. I used to dilute it because the formula was really harsh on my skin, but for some reason it works fine now. I would apply generous amounts (like a little glob on each pimple) as a spot treatment and it worked wonders. It has a cooling feeling to it, which I really like a lot. I'm not a fan of knowing that I'm rubbing fragrance all over my face, but hey, it doesn't cause any breakouts for me.

Ok with a little boost

I recently bought this after a really bad breakout. I have had cystic acne since the age of 15 and can't remember a single day since then that I haven't had a single blemish. After my face got to the point where it was downright painful I bought a gel wash and scrub with salicylic acid as well as pads I use instead of a toner and this moisturizer. I like the product but I do feel I need a second one because I just don't get enough moisture from this plus I do not like the fact that this has no SPF at all. My second layer of moisture is Olay with and SPF and the two actually combine together rather well. Overall I like that I get no new breakouts from using this but I am really big on the importance of SPF so tweaked is good for me.

Too irritating

I bought this and used it for a couple of days. I felt it was actually working great. Unfortunately, it irritated my eyes and I stopped using it. I was probably just unlucky.

Miracle product

When I started using this, I had moderate to severe acne. In my routine, I like to keep things simple with a Cetaphil wash, this moisturizer, and a spot treatment. My dermatologist wanted to take me off all acne medications because she wanted to put me on an antibiotic, and when I stopped using this, I broke out horribly. After 10 months of antibiotics, I stopped the pills and now I'm back to my normal routine and I noticed my skin is starting to clear up again! I cannot believe this product took my skin from moderate/severe to mild and easy to control! It absorbs fast, doesn't leave my skin feeling tight, and even though there was a bit of a purge when I began, the initial effects clear up pretty quick. This product worked wonders on my skin. The effects will vary from person to person, obviously, and even though I use the Target generic brand, it's essentially the same thing, but cheaper!

Works well

This was my go to moisturizer for years, with a few drops of jojoba oil mixed in. My skin unfortunately is not longer a fan, but I still recommend this one as it served me well for so long. Goes on great over BP too!

God-Like Formula

I seen many reviews , by the looks of it you have used it the wrong way , i've used this only during winter and spring which is the time of year when it breaks out , i pop my pimples and gush all the blood out , then i use a clean & clear daily scrub wash and dry myself with a clean new towel after that i apply this dual action moisturisier to decrease the damage and redness , it also prevents breakouts but its a diffrent story during the summer , i use a totally diffrent cream , hope this helps , also excercise , wash and drink plenty of water .

Good!

It smells fantastic and i have been using for a couple of bottles already. But it feels slightly greasy and after using Neutrogena's moisturizer, i would prefer that to this.

A97

Not moisturizing enough

Irritating and drying, though it aborbs pretty fast and has a pleasant cooling sensation once applied.The 0.5% salicylic acid is definitely ineffective.

Popular Oily skin