Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser Reviews

Brand: Clean & Clear

Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser

Don't bother...(negative star)

The positive reviews you see below are all for the old formulation. The old formula was magical. But they changed it. The BP cleansers available on the market now are all EXACTLY the same formula, regardless of brand. If you've tried one, then you've tried them all. The new formula will break you out...they added several comedogenic ingredients and it (naturally) stopped working for everyone.

not sure

I am really not sure about this. my skin used to be oily and now it’s dry. I thought it kind of helped but I am not sure if I should continue. I am really insecure about my acne and don’t know what to do. I also use this other acne cream called epiduo forte along with this.

It helped

When I used this with the Clarisonic brush (like an idiot), my face was completely clear but felt so dry, I couldn't handle it. I'd rather have acne than go back to the way my face felt when using it. When I used it without the clarisonic, it didn't completely clear my acne though. It worked fast and really well but I prefer to not use benzoyl peroxide.

Best so far

I'm 31 years old with super oily skin (like halfway through the work day I look like I'm sweating heavily and all my makeup is basically gone). I've always had issues with acne. I tend to get white heads on my chin, jawline, and cheeks, little bumps on my forehead, and the occasional big cyst-like acne. This has been the only thing I have ever found to somewhat tame my skin. I still get acne and definitely don't have absolutely clear skin with this, but it's the best I've been able to find. I use it once a day since it is pretty strong and somewhat harsh. I still have incredibly oily skin and still noticeably large pores...but I guess nothing is perfect! Occasionally I'll buy a different cleanser thinking it might be better, but it never is. For almost 10 years now this has been the best I've been able to find.

great, but be careful!

So I've been using this for a while and Its worked really well for me so I thought I'd leave a review. Ive been using this for the past couple years, and nothing has controlled my breakout like this. (It might be just the benzoyl peroxide, but I believe that this specific cleanser is better than most cleansers that have BP in it) I have the 5% BP version (I'm not sure if there is a 10% BP version or not,) and it works amazingly well. However, be very careful! Benzoyl Peroxide is VERY harsh and drying, and can seriously irritate your face (Especially while in the sun). Even if your acne is severe, its probably not a good idea to use this more than twice a day. It says 1-2 times a day on the bottle, but in my opinion (just from experience) even once is more than enough. I used to have terrible skin, and i got semi-clear from antibiotics, lifestyle changes, better habits, etc, (over a couple years) while using BP. Ive found that using this cleanser 1-2 a week, with a mild salicylic acid cleanser for everyday use, has really help keep my skin from breaking out terribly again. Also, ive noticed that BP works well with consistency, so if you don't want to keep using it forever, because of its harshness or the like, then I suggest slowly weaning yourself off or using it less and less. (If you quit BP overnight, you might break out again real fast) This product is definitely worth a try, it will give noticeable improvements, but use it with caution!! (Also, i suggest using the cream cleanser instead of the version with the microbeads, just because its already so harsh that you might not need the additional exfoliate. )

I used to like this...

I used to like this cleanser, but they changed the ingredients. It now has ingredients that clog my pores like laureth-4. Why do they have to change what ain't broken!?

What do you use now? I have the same issue you are explaining. Does your replacement work?

I LOVE this product!

This is literally the only and I mean ONLY drug store cleanser that has ever worked for me. I have tried Cetaphil, other Clean & Clear products, Neutrogena (you name it). All of them broke me out, no matter how good the reviews were for that product. So, I've pretty much just been using Bioderma for the last three years and gave up entirely on American drug store products. The only down side here is that it can be hard to find on Amazon sometimes and it takes a few days to ship - so if I'm in a pinch and need it asap, I'm in trouble unless I want to pay for expedited shipping. Needless to say, when my boyfriend brought this home from the store (desperate to clear his skin) I was very skeptical. However, after just two days of using this on his face, I could see a HUGE reduction in active acne and his redness even seemed to calm. Since my skin is hyper sensitive to products, to the point where almost nothing works for me.. I was hesitant, but decided to give it a try. I am so glad that I did, because this product has seriously impressed me. Not only does it NOT break my sensitive skin out, but it also actually does what it says. It clears my acne & reduces redness! My skin has never looked better since I started using this product. I don't have ANY active acne anymore, which is a miracle for me. I even like the scent and the tingly feeling on my face when I use this cleanser. I will say that after my active acne was cleared, I reduced my usage of this product around every other day or so, as it can be a tad drying if used often.

Good for Teen and Possible Once a Week for Older Skin

My daughter really likes this but it is just a little too much for my skin. I think that I could use this once a week but not as a regular cleanser. Also white sheet and towel alert - it bleaches so use light or white sheets and towels.[link edited out]

Does the job.

Was actually recommend by my doctor to use the product. My skin started breaking out all over my forehead,cheeks and jawline. It was pretty bad. I started using it and it got rid of most of it . I've been using it now for about a year and it has totally improved my skin. I mean I get pimples still but not as bad as before.

Comments

Cleanser that does what it says! Highly Recommended!

I have struggled with acne since I was 14 years old. I am in my early 20s now. I have used many different scrubs and cleansers mainly from the Neutrogena line. I wasn't too fond of the Clean & Clear line at first and was nervous to use Benzoyl Peroxide at first, but I said what do I have to lose but acne. So I read great reviews on this product and started using it in conjunction with "Botchla's Regimen"(a very popular regimen started back in I believe 2004 on this website) Here is the link. It a saved a lot of people's lives! [link edited out] LESS IS MORE! My skin cleared up so much. I would say my face is about 85-90% clear. I have combination skin. Normal cheeks and oily T-zone. The type of acne I used to get consists of white heads, bumps and occasional cyst which I didn't start to develop until a year ago before I started to use this product. The consistency is creamy and feels really smooth on your face! From Botchla's regimen I learn Salicylic acid alone doesn't cure acne you need Benzoyl to kill the deep acne forming called P acnes. So I use Biore Pore Unclogging scrub in the morning and then this benzoyl peroxide cleanser at night after using my Biore scrub and there you have it. The key is to keep using it consistently don't just stop after 3-4 days you will never see results. This does dry out your skin a little bit so make sure you use a good moisturizer.

Comments

Finally something that works!

My acne started when I was 15 and I'm 22 now. I went to a dermatologist for two years. I tried retin a, cindamyicin, doxycline anitbiotcs, tazorec, but none of those worked. I have had moderate success with benzoyl peroxide cream and then applying moisturizer. Similar to the regimen. In one month this amazing cleanser has cleared my face and body acne. Yes, I also wash my acne prone areas in the shower with it! I only wash my face with it at night and then apply a moisturizer. It is a simple and effective routine for me. I am so thrilled I have finally found something that works!

Best ever.

I've been struggling with acne for 19 years (according to the picture in the quiz, moderate acne). I've tried so many things that helped, but never cleared it up 100%, until this. I bought it on a whim, because the store was out of my usual facewash. It worked great. I use it once a day. My cheeks are not dry and flakey anymore since I started using this product. I moisturize with baby lotion daily as well. I still get a few small ones due to hormones just before my periods, but they are easily treated. I love it. Only con is that I noticed some color bleaching on the neckline of some of my shirts. Switching my routine to washing my body after washing my face has stopped it from happening.

Out of curiosity were you able to restore the color to the bleached clothing?

Dries out acne to an extent

This helped me in drying out most of my acne but they would reappear if I stop using it. I saw best effect when I used a good amount of it but there's a side effect of dryness and flakiness. An ample amount of moisturizer is needed to suffice for the dryness.

Not for me at all!

This didnt work well for me because after cleansing, my face would became dry. Then during the day, my face grew more oily and i didnt like this at all. Wouldnt recommend it

you have to moisturize after it has benzoyl peroxide which dries out your skin so you have to replenish those oils or else more pimples will come

Good

I just bought it and followed the directions on the back and everything. I thought you had to use it twice a day, but it said to just start using it once or it could dry out and break out. And it has reduced my jawline acne which is a huge problem for me, I am officially in love. Clean && Clear is bae.

User410314

not the worst, but not good

A step up from bar soap, but I'm not a fan of BPO. This product leaves a film and doesn't make me feel cleaner. BPO is carcinogenic to rats, so even if I appreciate a medicated cleaner, I don't want carcinogenic ingredients penetrating my pores all day

QUESTION!!!!

First time I used an acne cleanser on just some pimples, after a few days I almost had no pimples left but then today I've broken out (usually only get one, never really break out) to some pimples that really sting. Could this product be drying out my skin too much? And could anyone recommend a moisturizer that doesn't give you pimples, because most of them always break me out.

Its working !

Soft skin Less redness You feel happy :) Weird smell I bought it today and i used it once earlier today and i used it again ar night and when i dried my face i noticed a big difference my acne was less red and my face was so soft . I know that my acne will be totally gone in a couple of days :)

It's really working

Reduces acne Feels amazing on your skin Makes pimples a bit red I started using it when I only had a few pimples and when the acne got really bad I used a different product but it was really working so I tried going back to clean and clear and this product really did improve my skin slowly in a few days I'm already seeing clear spots and the acne is getting less visible

Ok for mild acne

Helps some acne Dries out skin Does not help acne So one day while washing my face, I realized that I was running low on my face wash. So that afternoon while I was looking down the aisle wanting to try something soon, I see this. Being so eager to get rid of my mild to moderate acne, I purchase it. Absolutely awful! It dried out my skin and didn't help anything. I mean, it really doesn't surprise me, Clean and Clear is an awful skin care company.

This is in response to Madiiiikateeee13. You are an imbecile! Try it for more than a day you idiot. you starts a sentence with, "So" ? You are a mongoloid.

Popular Liquid